Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to reports the show drew 450-500 people . Also TNA decided to cut production back for the shows . Either way its said morale was high backstage .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's cliche to say, but never say never in wrestling. I wouldn't be all that shocked if we didn't see AJ Styles show up a year or two down the road.

But yeah, Kong brings a legit "big match" feel to the Knock Outs division. She's not just a good worker, but a legit attraction. So that's a big plus.

Rather than trying to copy the WWE (like they sort of did at the start of the Hogan-Biscoff TNA era) TNA this time around seems to be strengthening the areas where the WWE typically underdevelops. Essentially they're doing what they did well prior to the Hogan-Biscoff TNA era.
    i hope that's the direction they go, especialy with the x-division but the length and results of the x-division title match worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I remember when I said it last year and people were like...nooooo noooo Kong would never step into a TNA ring again. It is pretty cool she is back. Maybe with the WWE deciding to cut Nash's legend contract we will see him back in TNA as well.
    i remember that too. i hope nash stays far far away.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to reports the show drew 450-500 people . Also TNA decided to cut production back for the shows . Either way its said morale was high backstage .
    my son asked me there was no light on the crowd, i said i didn't know maybe so people would focus less on the size of the crowd but that was just a guess.

i wonder/hope if it might be possible for EY's heel turn and joe/low ki's to be unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i hope that's the direction they go, especialy with the x-division but the length and results of the x-division title match worry me.

i remember that too. i hope nash stays far far away.

my son asked me there was no light on the crowd, i said i didn't know maybe so people would focus less on the size of the crowd but that was just a guess.

i wonder/hope if it might be possible for EY's heel turn and joe/low ki's to be unrelated.
    As far as the x-divsion match being short... I haven't read spoilers but from my understanding they do multiple tapings pretty close together. So I'm assuming anyone that has a short match likely will have to wrestle multiple times in different tapings. That's just my guess. Since a belt changed hands, we'll probably get a rematch which was likely taped right after the first taping or the next day or however it works.

As far as EY's heel turn being unrelated... it did feel different. He wasn't going with the mask thing, so it did feel like 2 entirely different things were going on. Though I suppose it's possible they just wanted to double swerve the audience. People won't see EY's turn if we just had a turn 2 seconds ago (sort of like running out seemingly to help Goldberg then turning on him after the finger poke of doom thing with Hogan and the nWo Wolkfpack).

Astonishing Member

Number of people who watched the impact debut.
    This is good right Super?

Fantastic Member

That number also wasn't on a Friday when it will air regularly. Smackdown loss 20% of their audience when they moved to Fridays that they never recovered. So we are talking 210k viewers on Fridays at most? I guess that means that they will probably average in the 100k's going forward. So in order of viewers it's now RAW, Smackdown, NXT on the network, ROH with 290k on average a week, Lucha Underground that does roughly 200k and sometimes a little better a week between Unimas and El Rey, then TNA. After TNA is Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. Also who knows how well NJPW will do on Friday Nights. Impact is now the 6th most viewed wrestling show in America.

Astonishing Member

I bet it does the 30k less on friday.

Astonishing Member

And if you count Lucha Underground at 200k it means you are including the replay, which means you have to include the impact replay and that means impact is above lucha underground.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    And if you count Lucha Underground at 200k it means you are including the replay, which means you have to include the impact replay and that means impact is above lucha underground.
    Kind of hard to call that a replay when it's in Spanish while the first run is English. Also if Smackdown loss 20% of their audience on Fridays permanently 20% for Impact would be 50k viewers.

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed TNA. Thank God for You Tube.The announcing was so much better. Low Ki and Joe going back to being heels is great. The EY swerve was meh. At the end of the day with TNA, you will get some good matches with great talent.

Astonishing Member

I kind of want to see Mike Tenay as a evil GM. Maybe because I always want to punch Mike Tenay in the face

Astonishing Member

Why are they doing Havok vs. Awesome Kong so quickly? If they were smart and did a slow build do it, you could have main event level interest in this match.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    Kind of hard to call that a replay when it's in Spanish while the first run is English. Also if Smackdown loss 20% of their audience on Fridays permanently 20% for Impact would be 50k viewers.
    It's the same show in spanish, it's a replay.
    It's like counting how many episodes Raw does on hulu for Raw's audience.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Number of people who watched the impact debut.
    This is good right Super?
    Yep ...because its a start on a new network. It was the most watched show on the network . The replay drew 100,000+ more viewers as well. If Discovery grows the network like they have their other channels and get it on more systems the next few years ...it will be a good deal.

Also the fact if the show continues to be the #1 thing aired each week , Discovery may move it to a bigger channel in their channel lineup and air it there as replay each week as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Why are they doing Havok vs. Awesome Kong so quickly? If they were smart and did a slow build do it, you could have main event level interest in this match.
    Well they likely wanna set it up for TNA Lockdown. Inside a steel cage. They have like 2-3 months to build the program. I wanna see Grisham do his better Gorilla Monsoon and go..."This is the Unstoppable Force vs the Immovable Object !!"

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    while i'm sure your return and impact's are purely coincidental i'm very happy to see you back, with the massive cut in viewership your updates on finance, ratings & ppv buyrates(or lack thereof LOLOLOL) will definitely be needed to keep the thread alive.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    it was only a staredown and i think a smart way to get some buzz for the debut from the fans of women's wrestling.