Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man 2099 #7

There was another Spider-Verse tie-in issue today.

Miguel and the Steampunk Lady Spider perform tests on a dead Inheritor and the tech of the Exiles Spider-Man 2099.

They think Daemos is taken cover because the processing of escaping the electric stasis would kill him. An understanding of how the Inheritors operate would reveal a flaw in the plan.

Fans of 2099 would be likely to be pleased by spoilers:
    the return of one of the heroes of that world, holding his own against an Inheritor.
    end of spoilers

Miguel also has a heartfelt reunion with his father.

As for the art, Sliney is definitely at home in the world of 2099.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm kinda curious of what it was that Miguel is having them synthesize in the lab. Any ideas?

For me, Spidey 2099 is regularly the most enjoyable part of the whole Spiderverse thing and of the Spider titles. Hope it doesn't go the way of Scarlet Spider, though I'm not hopeful.

Well, Tyler Stone was analyzing the Exiles' dimension hopper. I wonder if he recreates it and accidentally brings the Maestro to 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Well, Tyler Stone was analyzing the Exiles' dimension hopper. I wonder if he recreates it and accidentally brings the Maestro to 2099.
    Interesting theory. I wouldn't rule it out.

I liked the issue as a whole. I like that some of the tie-in's have been bringing in other Marvel characters, and it was really dope seeing Punisher 2099 hold his own against Daemos.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

Quote Originally Posted by Mwriteword View Post
    Interesting theory. I wouldn't rule it out.

I liked the issue as a whole. I like that some of the tie-in's have been bringing in other Marvel characters, and it was really dope seeing Punisher 2099 hold his own against Daemos.
    IDK the Punisher being able to shrug off a kick from Daemos and actually stun him with a titanium bar seemed reaally out of scale with the power levels these guys have been showing. Otherwise the issue was right down the middle: better than #5 but not quite with the quality of #6. Great interaction with Stone but I wish we'd gotten the "parent DNA" reveal that was cut off in ASM #12, along with more insight on Lady Spider being a "fake".

A minor nitpick, Cosmic Spidey had basically turned into a dusty skeleton upon death and here he's shown "intact".

Another excellent Spider-Man 2099 issue from Peter David, even though it was a tie-in issue. God I hope this book sticks around. Amazing Spider-Man is great however I do like the futuristic flare and Lingo Miguel brings to the table. And I'm definitely looking forward to him and Maestro coming face to face. And I hope steampunk Lady Spider sticks around. I like the interaction btween her and Miguel.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    IDK the Punisher being able to shrug off a kick from Daemos and actually stun him with a titanium bar seemed reaally out of scale with the power levels these guys have been showing. Otherwise the issue was right down the middle: better than #5 but not quite with the quality of #6. Great interaction with Stone but I wish we'd gotten the "parent DNA" reveal that was cut off in ASM #12, along with more insight on Lady Spider being a "fake".

A minor nitpick, Cosmic Spidey had basically turned into a dusty skeleton upon death and here he's shown "intact".
    as far as I am concerned Daemos acted super cocky & uber overconfident just like morlun did all those years in MAZING SPIDEY...

NJOY

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Pretty sure the Mestro that shows up will be an Older Doc Green.

@Webhead What insight? He called her a fake because she doesn't have any powers and doesn’t have the essence. That's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 01-07-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There was another Spider-Verse tie-in issue today.

Miguel and the Steampunk Lady Spider perform tests on a dead Inheritor and the tech of the Exiles Spider-Man 2099.

They think Daemos is taken cover because the processing of escaping the electric stasis would kill him. An understanding of how the Inheritors operate would reveal a flaw in the plan.

Fans of 2099 would be likely to be pleased by spoilers:
    the return of one of the heroes of that world, holding his own against an Inheritor.
    end of spoilers

Miguel also has a heartfelt reunion with his father.

As for the art, Sliney is definitely at home in the world of 2099.
    Your hidden spoiler doesn't say who it is, so why is it hidden? Anyway I know who it is. So I might have to pick up this comic!! Also, I heard another 2099 character is appearing in one of the Avengers titles. Plus we got the X-men 2099 in a recent annual!! Great time to be a 2099 fan. Hope this is just the start of more appearances and new comics with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Pretty sure the Mestro that shows up will be an Older Doc Green.

@Webhead What insight? He called her a fake because she doesn't have any powers and doesn’t have the essence. That's pretty much it.
    Nope. Gerry Duggan said that his Hulk run is unconnected to PAD's Maestro plans. Doc Green isn't PAD's character. PAD loves to bring up his old storylines (he previously had Miguel fight the Maestro in his Captain Marvel run). Trust me, this is THE Maestro, not Doc Green.

this was once again a great issue. Miguel is a really effective spider, unlike most of those seen in spider-verse. He's actually way more active than 616 Peter. I was glad to see the punisher too, even though it was strange seeing him standing up against Daemos on his own like that. It's so great David is the writer. He's the only writer who gets Miguel.

Nope. Gerry Duggan said that his Hulk run is unconnected to PAD's Maestro plans. Doc Green isn't PAD's character. PAD loves to bring up his old storylines (he previously had Miguel fight the Maestro in his Captain Marvel run). Trust me, this is THE Maestro, not Doc Green.
    who the hell is doc green?

i've been away a while...

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    who the hell is doc green?

i've been away a while...
    Doc Green is the newest incarnation of the Hulk: hyperintelligent and with a bad attitude. He's currently depowering the other Hulks for unknown reasons, but says it's for their own good. He recently had a dream where he envisioned himself as a Maestro-ish figure. In spite of this, there's no reason to believe Gerry Duggan's current Hulk run is tied into PAD's upcoming Maestro plans, particularly since Duggan himself said so when I asked him about it on CBR.

Doc Green is the newest incarnation of the Hulk: hyperintelligent and with a bad attitude. He's currently depowering the other Hulks for unknown reasons, but says it's for their own good. He recently had a dream where he envisioned himself as a Maestro-ish figure. In spite of this, there's no reason to believe Gerry Duggan's current Hulk run is tied into PAD's upcoming Maestro plans, particularly since Duggan himself said so when I asked him about it on CBR.
    so he's another 616 incarnation (as in grey, green, professor, etc)or from an alt timeframe/line/reality?