Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hawkeye vs Deadpool #4 Spoilers

spoilers:

Clint has come to his senses and threatens to shoot Felicia, Mary, Ivan. They state that he isn’t Deadpool so they don’t have to fear him shooting them. Clint responds by shooting Mary and Ivan’s hands. Kate bursts through the door and kick some more people. Felicia asks if anymore Hawkeye will stop by. Wade appears on a sky-cycle wearing Clint’s old costume and shoot more people. Clint asks how Wade fixed the busted stabilizer and the sky-cycle then blows up.

Felicia prepares to leave with Dr. Lusk and Ivan while Mary stays behind to burn everyone else. Wade bursts through the windows and Clint approaches Mary seemingly trying to comfort her and then head butts her into unconsciousness. Wade says he would have been there sooner but the Hawkeye costume was too uncomfortable because “Barton’s clingy was in all the wrong places” . Clint calls Ivan’s hand, Kate calls his foot, and Wade jumps down the stairs.

Ivan finds his hand and foot suddenly impaled with arrows and he throws the thumb drive at Felicia but Wade gets the interception and jumps back up to Clint and Kate but tells the rest of them to stay put so he can kick their asses.

Felicia and Dr. Lusk arrive at an escalator where a SWAT team is prepared to intercept them. Felicia says goodbye and her bad luck powers activate and the doctor’s jacket gets caught in the escalator and he precedes to blow up. Felicia starts spouting off that she is a patriot and the police arrest her.

Moments later Wade, Clint, Kate meet up with Agent Adsit near an ambulance and some people approach her and tell her to pay up for blowing up the substation. Wade tells them to put it on his tab and he yells at Mary who is too drugged up to really do anything except that she doesn’t want to fight and just wants to take a nap. Clint recounts the events to Adsit but Kate and Wade make sure to let everyone know that they gave the thumb drive to Clint because he was the “Senior Avenger” and were by no means taking out by him.

Wade approaches Felicia but when he pulls her wig it turns out to be the cop who had previously arrested Black Cat. Someone in Black Cat’s costume (presumably Felicia) is watching the scene unfold from the top of a building. When Wade asks her for her name, She answers “Dawn of Justice” since she was still under the affects of the mind control though Dawn is her name. Wade tells Adsit not to worry since Spider-man will confront, fight and make-out with Felicia later on.

As Wade, Clint, and Kate arrive near Clint’s apartment. Wade asks for a fist bump and they both return it. He calls Kate the better Hawkeye and they see Clint looking all solemn. They realize that he’s looking at the puddle of dried blood where Ellsden was shot. They ask if he needs help and he says he’ll handle it.

Next are multiple scenes: The brain washed people being deprogrammed, Kate dropping off cat food to Ellsden’s neighbor now taking care of his cat, Wade hanging out with Ellie who is playing with a Hawkeye doll (Awwww), and Clint scrubbing Ellsden’s blood off the sidewalk and being all depressed.

end of spoilers

Overall, I thought the mini was pretty a fun, decent story. I liked the little call backs to Joe Kelly's run. My favorite bit over the entire series is still the drones singing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic". Anyways, this issue was pretty good but my favorite issue overall is issue 0.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 01-09-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Dawn, of Justice joke was fantastic. I enjoyed the issue.. a good ending. Not my favorite issue of the series though.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Dawn, of Justice joke was fantastic. I enjoyed the issue.. a good ending. Not my favorite issue of the series though.
    What was your favorite issue? I'm going to guess 0 or 3 (those are mine at least with the former being my most favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    What was your favorite issue? I'm going to guess 0 or 3 (those are mine at least with the former being my most favorite)
    3 was not only my favorite issue of the series, but quite possibly my favorite Marvel issue of all 2014.

Astonishing Member

What are your thoughts about the Black Cat in the series?

Don't know if I care for the new Blackcat, not this book's fault as that's all Spidey book's doing. Still Wade's probably right about how this all will play out spoilers:
    Spidey/Blackcat makeout session
    end of spoilers

As for favorite issue I'd say 0 or 3 probably. Kate and DP are cool together. Best Hawkeye indeed.