Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The art was awful too. Not only was Gambit's portrayal bad, but they didn't even get his eyes right.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I thought gambit was fine. He flirted with women at a rave. I love gambit and didn't find anything wrong.

Art could, have been better. Loved that the whole team, got focus. It's too bad that Jubilee won't gwt an issue to narrate but as long as her b story with beast is, fun I don't mind
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

I am guessing she has no clue who Gambit is, it seems all she knew was he is a ladies man and instantly decided that meant skeeezy. I am just thankful he wont be in this no more so it can be forgotten about.

Yeah I didn't have a problem with Gambit hitting on some half naked girls. Did I miss where he no longer has a penis?

Having said that, the art was terrible and it seems completely illogical that only the females would show up and that Gambit wouldn't stick around to help.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah I didn't have a problem with Gambit hitting on some half naked girls. Did I miss where he no longer has a penis?

Having said that, the art was terrible and it seems completely illogical that only the females would show up and that Gambit wouldn't stick around to help.
    Yeah. Especially after Remy said bring everyone. So jubilee and best stay home. The female team wad already out so they, showed, up. Gambit should, have stayed. And what about firestar, iceman, angel, frenzy karma chamber husk etc etc lol
    X-Men Forever

Any scans of Rachel and her feathered hair?

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

This is the most efficient use of M since her debut in the book.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Any scans of Rachel and her feathered hair?
    Yeah, I scanned one for you.

Last edited by Neko; 01-07-2015 at 06:53 PM.

First issue I liked in a while. Gambit was fine, and I can accept that Storm team showed up cause they were out, but Gambit up and disappearing is weird. Of course, they mentioned there were casualties, so maybe he went to help out the people that got out? It's really not a deal breaker so far.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    She told us truth that would write him as skeeezy guy.
    so explain toe why his portrayal was bad. I thought he has aways a ladies man. The fact he could handle them both is a nice nod to him I would say!

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    The art was awful too. Not only was Gambit's portrayal bad, but they didn't even get his eyes right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    First issue I liked in a while. Gambit was fine, and I can accept that Storm team showed up cause they were out, but Gambit up and disappearing is weird. Of course, they mentioned there were casualties, so maybe he went to help out the people that got out? It's really not a deal breaker so far.
    He left because this is a feminist series. No dicks allowed.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Gambit reduced to a baggy-shorted beach bro, spouting c-list pick up lines that Elixir wouldn't even have tried on Cuckoo #3.

Perfect. All that was missing was the needed-coda to the character where an errant beach crab walks by and has his pincher clamp down on Gambit's "manhood". And scene. Fin.

Fantastic Member

Why is everyone mad that this is an all girl series? Why can't it be? Out of the gazillion X-Teams out there, this book just happens to focus on this group of people who happen to be gal pals. Leave it alone already. I loved this issue and I thought the art was bad at first sight but then a closer look at it and the style is actually pretty cool, and at times, very emotive. the close up of Jubes on the phone with Gambit, Krakoa's pukey face, Rachel's close up and some of Storm's close-ups were especially neat. I like the writer's strategy of breaking up the issues per character focus, while telling an overall arc. Feels like she thought about how she wanted to tackle the challenge of writing these X-characters for the first time in the best way possible for her short run, and I like the tactic, it makes sense given she only has 4 issues with them. I wasn't thrilled about continuing the Ray/Storm friction, but the way it's being handled here was way more tolerable than the forced, heavy handedness that Wood was trying. I was excited that the chapters are titled after each of the main cast. Can't wait for Rachel's, but looking forward to the rest. I've never really payed much attention to Storm, but I liked how she was written here. I'm okay with character flaws like Ororo's haughtiness and Gambit's libido being spotlighted. It makes the characters more interesting, and makes them feel like they're not above being imperfect sometimes.
    xmen.jpg
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 01-07-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Storm came off really bad. Maybe next time she'll listen to Rachel.
    One day Storm may listen to Rachel, I mean up to this point Rachel has been right. With a track record like that it's amazing that Storm took this long to officially acknowledge Rachel's natural leadership.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 01-07-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so explain toe why his portrayal was bad. I thought he has aways a ladies man. The fact he could handle them both is a nice nod to him I would say!
    I would guess it comes down to how you view Gambit and what one thinks a ladies man is. He is the ladies man who is pursued, not the pursuer. While he has been shown from time to time to pursue. And has done so, there are also times when he is pursued. He also doesn't seem to ever have to work that hard to gain women's attention, it just happens.

Maybe it worked for some. However it doesn't work for others who see him differently. Hope that helps.