Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Lmao Jean could barely slow down air molecules and Nate fainted after attempting to manipulate the elements via TK. Telekinetic don't have no where near the finesse needed to manipulate the elements to the degree Storm can.
    Did you even read what I said? First of all, I meant telekinetics can "feel/see" matter around them pretty much just like Storm does, hence how they can manipulate matter without any physical or visual contact. That is why Rachel or Psylocke could as well, with their powers, study the atoms around the atmosphere. The only difference between Storm and a TK user is that her powers are nature oriented, that's not to say a good telekinetic, with good can not achieve what she does, even if it is does not come as natural. After all, these are people who can manipulate ALL matter.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Everything. You should re-read the issues again. Rachel has never been wrong in X-Men thus far, which has made Storm come off as petty, and even Storm admitted her way was wrong while acknowledging Rachel had many points.

Heck, Rachel's already stepped up multiple times as a Leader without Storm's "permission". Such as how she got info about Arkea and Bloodlines, she went against Storm's call to bring a valuable target in which bore fruit, as well as how Rachel took command in the last Arc.
    You must didn't read the most recent issue of this series. You think Storm is petty? Did you not see how Rachel pouted like a 3 year old when she was chastised for thinking the death count was low? That surely is how a great leader responds when their judgment or authority is challenged.

Storm was also incapacitated for a majority of the last arc because with Storm in full capacity the author realize there's not much value Rachel actually brings to the team. She has been shown as argumentative and jealous of what Storm is and how confident she is (from the early issues of the series). Rachel could learn a lot from her if she would take the time to humble herself and grow up. Her being forced into leadership in this arc may finally give her a chance to stop being a girl and actually live up to the woman she wishes she could be.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Did you even read what I said? First of all, I meant telekinetics can "feel/see" matter around them pretty much just like Storm does, hence how they can manipulate matter without any physical or visual contact. That is why Rachel or Psylocke could as well, with their powers, study the atoms around the atmosphere. The only difference between Storm and a TK user is that her powers are nature oriented, that's not to say a good telekinetic, with good can not achieve what she does, even if it is does not come as natural. After all, these are people who can manipulate ALL matter.
    TKs powers do not see or feel things in the manner that Storm does. TKs have to concentrate and focus to manipulate these types of things they manipulate whereas for storm she actually sees (literally NOT figuratively in your description of how tks would do it) the energy patterns she manipulates. These energy patterns appear to her from the tiniest neuron in the body to the largest sun/stars in the solar system. All of which (energies/elements) are under her control to command.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-08-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    You must didn't read the most recent issue of this series. You think Storm is petty? Did you not see how Rachel pouted like a 3 year old when she was chastised for thinking the death count was low? That surely is how a great leader responds when their judgment or authority is challenged.

Storm was also incapacitated for a majority of the last arc because with Storm in full capacity the author realize there's not much value Rachel actually brings to the team. She has been shown as argumentative and jealous of what Storm is and how confident she is (from the early issues of the series). Rachel could learn a lot from her if she would take the time to humble herself and grow up. Her being forced into leadership in this arc may finally give her a chance to stop being a girl and actually live up to the woman she wishes she could be.

TKs powers do not see or feel things in the manner that Storm does. TKs have to concentrate and focus to manipulate these types of things they manipulate whereas for storm she actually sees (literally NOT figuratively in your description of how tks would do it) the energy patterns she manipulates. These energy patterns appear to her from the tiniest neuron in the body to the largest sun/stars in the solar system. All of which (energies/elements) are under her control to command.
    I've seen Rachel rearrange her clothes on a molecular level without much concentration, changing her own DNA without even knowing what she was doing. So what you are implying is debatable. Also Storm isn't always seeing the world in energy patters, it's a state she actively achieves, which was once implied it happens when her eyes go full white.

I've seen Rachel rearrange her clothes on a molecular level without much concentration, changing her own DNA without even knowing what she was doing. So what you are implying is debatable. Also Storm isn't always seeing the world in energy patters, it's a state she actively achieves, which was once implied it happens when her eyes go full white.
    **sigh**

She see the world in two ways. You implied her powers in terms of seeing these energies/elements are the same as tks. That is not true:

Rachel displaying the things u mentioned doesnt mean she sees them in the way storm does or is even aware of it in the same way storm is aware of the world using her powers. I would love to see scans showing Rachel seeing the world as storm does since you stated my implication was debatable.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-08-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    **sigh**

She see the world in two ways. You implied her powers in terms of seeing these energies/elements are the same as tks. That is not true:

Rachel displaying the things u mentioned doesnt mean she sees them in the way storm does or is even aware of it in the same way storm is aware of the world using her powers. I would love to see scans showing Rachel seeing the world as storm does since you stated my implication was debatable.
    Sigh indeed. Why are you posting a scan if I am not denying that Storm sees the world in a different way? What you posted actually proves my post. "With a blink of an eye" that means she has to actively switch between the ways she perceives her world. That requires concentration, probably the same a tk user would use to activate their powers. I am not saying they see the world the same way Storm see's it. All I am saying is that they have their own special "sight" or whatever you wanna call it. That is how they can manipulate matter in a sub-atomic level or things out of their sight. In Morrison run, Jean actually described it as some kind of awareness, everything around her, matter of all kind, including energies, living things, was like an extent of her body which she could easily manipulate.

Sigh indeed. Why are you posting a scan if I am not denying that Storm sees the world in a different way? What you posted actually proves my post. "With a blink of an eye" that means she has to actively switch between the ways she perceives her world. That requires concentration, probably the same a tk user would use to activate their powers. I am not saying they see the world the same way Storm see's it. All I am saying is that they have their own special "sight" or whatever you wanna call it. That is how they can manipulate matter in a sub-atomic level or things out of their sight. In Morrison run, Jean actually described it as some kind of awareness, everything around her, matter of all kind, including energies, living things, was like an extent of her body which she could easily manipulate.
    You stated:

"First of all, I meant telekinetics can "feel/see" matter around them pretty much just like Storm does,"

That scan was to show you how Storm uses and sees the energies she manipulstes. Additionally it was to counter your argument that Rachel and other tks utilize their power in a similar manner. You are making an assumption that has never been implied or stated in canon. Your comparison between their powers and its usage is what im refuting here.

Also I just saw something else wrong. Do you have to concentrate when you use your sight outside if reading small text or things really far away? Storm doesnt need to concentrate to use either of her sights; no where is that stated or implied.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-08-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Love rachel being the leader

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Love rachel being the leader
    What book are you reading where she is the leader? I want to check that out!!!

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-08-2015 at 10:49 PM.

No I read and understood what you said. It was just incorrect according to canon. Psylocke nor Rachel have shown the finesse with their TK to manipulate gas molecules to that degree. A weather system is very complex, containing multiple layers and variables. Until they can prove otherwise I stand by my post that these telekinetics have nowhere near the finesse in this department as Storm.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Incredible Member

No I read and understood what you said. It was just incorrect according to canon. Psylocke nor Rachel have shown the finesse with their TK to manipulate gas molecules to that degree. A weather system is very complex, containing multiple layers and variables. Until they can prove otherwise I stand by my post that these telekinetics have nowhere near the finesse in this department as Storm.
    Its not about finesse . Its simply that Rachel's powers are not suited for it so she will have a harder time.

Fantastic Member

If Rachel can make a black hole and change her DNA she can make it rain on the sun.

Rachel has the finesse and she could do everything Storm could do if he had the knowledge that Storm has. Likewise we know she has the ability to manipulate her DNA but Mystique can shape shift far more effectively.
    Last edited by Daithi; 01-09-2015 at 01:54 AM.

BANNED

Jean Grey had the Phoenix Force during Morrison's run which nullifies what you're saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    If Rachel can make a black hole and change her DNA she can make it rain on the sun.

Rachel has the finesse and she could do everything Storm could do if he had the knowledge that Storm has. Likewise we know she has the ability to manipulate her DNA but Mystique can shape shift far more effectively.
    Rachel had a portion of the PF when she pulled the feats you are talking about. On top of that, she cannot make it rain on the sun. The intense head generated by a star would instantly vaporize any moisture that came too close to it.

Given Storm's ability to use electron manipulation to create matter out of this air, I would argue that Storm could alter a person's DNA as well since she can manipulate matter and energy down to the subatomic level.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    yeah, no. That's horribly reductive to assume women are only interested in comics if there's a shapely, lecherous bit of man ass lurking about.
    Eh, I'm sure there are plenty who are into the franchise due to Storm & co as well. Did not say all where in it purely for Gambit, but quite a few probably are. Or at least started out that way.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Rachel had a portion of the PF when she pulled the feats you are talking about.
    No she didn't. She had the Phoenix eye symbol or whatever her psi imagery was but she did not have the Phoenix during Claremont's run. It was only during Brubakers run.