Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    All-New Member

It's the book that has convinced me to finally drop a core X-title after over 30 years consistent reading. I picked it up yesterday in Forbidden Planet London, and the artwork was so awful I just put straight back on the shelf, in the face of over 30 years' unwavering loyalty. Remember when only the cream of artists could draw an X-title, like Jim Lee? those days are clearly long gone.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-09-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMayhew View Post
    It's the book that has convinced me to finally drop a core X-title after over 30 years consistent reading. I picked it up yesterday in Forbidden Planet London, and the artwork was so awful I just put straight back on the shelf, in the face of over 30 years' unwavering loyalty. Remember when only the cream of artists could draw an X-title, like Jim Lee? those days are clearly long gone.
    Remember when this was being called a Flagship title?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-09-2015 at 02:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    No she didn't. She had the Phoenix eye symbol or whatever her psi imagery was but she did not have the Phoenix during Claremont's run. It was only during Brubakers run.
    Yes, she did have it during CC's run. When a psi gets a hold of the PF, its always made a big deal about by the other characters in the book. There was no difference between Rachel's powers under CC and under Brubaker because she always had it. If she did not have it at first, but got it later, we would have seen a massive upgrade in her power with everyone talking about how much more powerful she is etc.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Yes, she did have it during CC's run. When a psi gets a hold of the PF, its always made a big deal about by the other characters in the book. There was no difference between Rachel's powers under CC and under Brubaker because she always had it. If she did not have it at first, but got it later, we would have seen a massive upgrade in her power with everyone talking about how much more powerful she is etc.
    No, you are talking nonsense. Rachel did not have the Phoenix in CCs run and when she gets it in Brubakers run it's stated that she had a Phoenix echo and was doing more cosmic feats.

Last edited by Daithi; 01-09-2015 at 03:13 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    She did not have it during CC's run. Under Brubaker , she was fighting in space and decimating armies . She was operating on higher level with portion of Phoenix

Rachel leader of the gold team as of right now

is that even gambit? what is with the baby blues? no wonder the babes didn't fall for the charm as I speculate to the authenticity of said gambit lol

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post

Gambit, when written correctly, is mysterious, charming, and competent. However, Gillen portrayed him as a bum, hitting on young, impressionable women at a rave show.......in Utah(why?). It was a thoughtless, pointless cameo that served only to progress a generic plot line.

If you're gonna use fan favorites, don't make them ridiculous caricatures of themselves.
    What's Kieron Gillen got to do with this thread...?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    And when did Kieron Gillen write Gambit??

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarchy View Post
    is that even gambit? what is with the baby blues? no wonder the babes didn't fall for the charm as I speculate to the authenticity of said gambit lol
    Are you saying that Gambit can't get women to sleep with him without using his red hypno-eyes?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Remember when this was being called a Flagship title?
    I despair, really I do. Amazing X-Men is looking a little shaky as well.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-09-2015 at 10:46 AM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And when did Kieron Gillen write Gambit??
    He did subtlely deconstruct the character as a poo-flinging mandrill (in Mr Sinister's clone lair).

Chere! Chere! Chere!
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 01-09-2015 at 10:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I meant Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    You stated:

"First of all, I meant telekinetics can "feel/see" matter around them pretty much just like Storm does,"

That scan was to show you how Storm uses and sees the energies she manipulstes. Additionally it was to counter your argument that Rachel and other tks utilize their power in a similar manner. You are making an assumption that has never been implied or stated in canon. Your comparison between their powers and its usage is what im refuting here.

Also I just saw something else wrong. Do you have to concentrate when you use your sight outside if reading small text or things really far away? Storm doesnt need to concentrate to use either of her sights; no where is that stated or implied.
    She still needs to actively choose to switch sights. It does not occur without she wanting to. That is my point. What I was trying to say is that when a tk user activates their power they don't need much concentration as well and I gave examples when Rachel did big feats "with a blink of an eye" per say.
    People need to face that Storm is pretty much a limited tk user whose powers are more oriented for manipulation of nature stuff. What she does any tk should be able to do with experience and knowledge because they can manipulate all kind of matter and energies, It just doesn't come as easy to them.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    She still needs to actively choose to switch sights. It does not occur without she wanting to. That is my point. What I was trying to say is that when a tk user activates their power they don't need much concentration as well and I gave examples when Rachel did big feats "with a blink of an eye" per say.
    People need to face that Storm is pretty much a limited tk user whose powers are more oriented for manipulation of nature stuff. What she does any tk should be able to do with experience and knowledge because they can manipulate all kind of matter and energies, It just doesn't come as easy to them.
    No. You are over simplifying how Storm power work and giving tk abilities they don't have. Just because they move things around doesn't mean they can apply it in the way Storm does. As a tk, Rachel can't induce phase changes of let's say water simply, because she move it. If she can please demonstrate this by showing scans. Storm is an energy manipulator and she is connected to those energies - they are like an extension of herself. When Storm calls the lighting it listens and respects her command of it. Rachel has to exert herself and will over whatever forms of matter she wants to manipulate for it to move. The applications of their powers are completely different and that is why they will never be able to do what she does. Rachel would never be able to feel the pressure shifts change in the atmosphere because she doesn't have that type of connection to the atmosphere biosphere as storm does. Rachel would never be able to sense a tree is dying or that some type of dark magic is corrupting the air because again she doesn't connect or utilize her powers in the same way storm can and does. If you have proof of her doing so with scans from canon I would love to see.

so no storm is not a limited tk, she is not a tk at all nor does her power work like a tk does. From how you have described tk abilities it seem they are the ones who are limited.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-09-2015 at 11:54 AM.