Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Why would you assume that without reading Percy's last issue? Nothing is stopping a writer from following-up with the Connor tease unless Percy is the one that drops the ball with the end of his run. We don't even know who the proper new creative team for the books is.
    Percy tweeted about it. He said he had a story planned about Connor that will never see the light of day now. Still possible the next creative team will pick up on it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Percy tweeted about it. He said he had a story planned about Connor that will never see the light of day now. Still possible the next creative team will pick up on it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Huh. Guess sometimes you shouldn't play the long-game with everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we did from a certain point of view .

Why would you assume that without reading Percy's last issue? Nothing is stopping a writer from following-up with the Connor tease unless Percy is the one that drops the ball with the end of his run. We don't even know who the proper new creative team for the books is.
    Hopefully that will change tonight, when both Marvel and DC's solicits for May should drop.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hopefully that will change tonight, when both Marvel and DC's solicits for May should drop.
    According to Newsarama, Marvel's solicits aren't coming till Thursday and there's no confirmation about DC's time yet.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

#38 was tops. Excellent issue. Ollie at his finest classic self. The JLA splash page with Ollie made me cheer. Ha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    #38 was tops. Excellent issue. Ollie at his finest classic self. The JLA splash page with Ollie made me cheer. Ha.
    It was a good issue, but bringing in Drakon at the end was like adding salt to the 'no-Connor' wound.

Mighty Member

It was a good issue, but bringing in Drakon at the end was like adding salt to the 'no-Connor' wound.
    I guess it sucks for Connor fans that Percy actually did want to bring him back and just didn't end up getting a chance to. Who knows how the next writer will feel about him? I personally way prefer Ollie to Connor, but I do like Connor and I do like the relationship between the two of them, so I hope we can see him soon.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I love the character Oliver Queen. I stuck with the book right up to the DCNu, but HATED the reboot.
    As soon as Connor Hawke shows up, I'll start buying the title again.
    He was another great character shafted by the New 52.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the character Oliver Queen.
    I like Ollie well enough and, in the right hands, his kind of being an awful person can work well, but he's close to the bottom of my Top 100 DC heroes, while Connor sits in my Top 15.

I stuck with the book right up to the DCNu,
    Why would you hurt yourself like that?

As soon as Connor Hawke shows up, I'll start buying the title again..
    My stance at this point as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love the character Oliver Queen. I stuck with the book right up to the DCNu, but HATED the reboot.
    As soon as Connor Hawke shows up, I'll start buying the title again.
    He was another great character shafted by the New 52.
    meh. New 52 blew.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

I like Ollie well enough and, in the right hands, his kind of being an awful person can work well, but he's close to the bottom of my Top 100 DC heroes, while Connor sits in my Top 15.
    Ollie used to be in my top five and has dropped like a brick the past several years. It’s made me realize I really only enjoyed Green Arrow written by two people : Mike Grell and Judd Winick. Those are the only Green Arrow books I have kept in my collection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Ollie used to be in my top five and has dropped like a brick the past several years. It’s made me realize I really only enjoyed Green Arrow written by two people : Mike Grell and Judd Winick. Those are the only Green Arrow books I have kept in my collection.
    Really? Not a fan of the Kevin Smith run?

Really? Not a fan of the Kevin Smith run?
    Ah, yes! I did enjoy Smiths run as well.

I started with Mike Grell and followed the series and still liked it when Chuck Dixon took over and introduced Connor even though Oliver was killed. I liked what Kevin Smith did with his issues and the return of Oliver. I love Brad Meltzer's books but I felt he was weak during his short run. I was surprised I like Judd Winick's run. I liked Sterling when he wrote Green Arrow after Brightest Day and I hated he left to write 52's Captain Atom. I have not read enouh of GA during 52 to say I did or didn't like the run and I have the first 30 issues of the current series but I have not read them yet ( they were not on the stands at BAM so I only recently got them at a comics store) so I don't know if I like the new series or not. Edit-I said Sterling but meant J.T. Krul. Also I forgot about the Green Arrow and Black Canary series by Andrew Kreisberg. It was okay but not some of GA's best.
    Last edited by Kaled; 03-14-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I loved the Winick run also. I'd add Smith and Lemire to my top three list. I've liked Percy's run a lot too. Your post made me really think about it too, and I realized Ollie is a really tough character to make work. He has to be out for social justice without being preachy, seem like a man of the people while being super rich, be kind of jerkish but also lovable.. Any one of those things is tough to balance but all three at the same time must be hell on a writer.