Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

While looking through this thread I noticed a mention of Percy having plans for Connor but did not get around to it. I don't know if it is true or not but it got me to thinking: If and when Connor does return should he return as an archer like his father. The reason I ask this is looking back at the Connor issues of Green Arrow (hoping DC continues to collect that GA series when it has finished the Mike Grell run) and in the crossover with Batman I was reminded that Connor is one of DC premiere martial artists. The reason I say this is because he fought Lady Shiva to a standstill. Shiva, as I understand, is suppose to be the premiere martial artist in the DC universe followed by Batman, Richard Dragon and a few others. So should Connor return as an archer or should his martial artist side be a better way to bring him back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    While looking through this thread I noticed a mention of Percy having plans for Connor but did not get around to it. I don't know if it is true or not
    Percy straight up said this on his Twitter. It's not a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    If and when Connor does return should he return as an archer like his father. The reason I ask this is looking back at the Connor issues of Green Arrow (hoping DC continues to collect that GA series when it has finished the Mike Grell run) and in the crossover with Batman I was reminded that Connor is one of DC premiere martial artists. The reason I say this is because he fought Lady Shiva to a standstill. Shiva, as I understand, is suppose to be the premiere martial artist in the DC universe followed by Batman, Richard Dragon and a few others. So should Connor return as an archer or should his martial artist side be a better way to bring him back?
    Connor's deal was always that he was a fantastic archer, but not superhuman when it came to the skill like Ollie and Roy. Based on everything we saw from the two I think Cissie was better than him as well. To balance that though, he was one of the best martial artists in the DCU, not as good as Cass or the Richard Dragon Trio, but up there with Batman and Black Canary. No reason this set-up shouldn't remain if/when he returns.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Connor's skill set reminds me of Nightwing. I hope the bow remains his primary weapon. Frankly, he should have a new codename and series of his own.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    Connor's skill set reminds me of Nightwing. I hope the bow remains his primary weapon. Frankly, he should have a new codename and series of his own.
    Well, Roy is back to going around as Arsenal since New52.
    Why not let Connor be Red Arrow?
    I really loved the fact the Connor wasn't a carbon copy of Ollie. Yes he was a great archer, but he was still #2 (Batman stated he was #1 Shiva, but I'd be willing to let him sit anywhere in the top 5) in the DCU when it came to martial arts.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

I hope the bow remains his primary weapon. Frankly, he should have a new codename and series of his own.
    I could live with a new codename, but my ideal set-up would be for Connor to have the main Green Arrow title (with Mia as his sidekick and Roy, Emi and Lian having back-up stories together) while Ollie would have Green Arrow/ Black Canary with Dinah and, if the writer wants them around, Henry and Diggle.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Why not let Connor be Red Arrow?
    Emiko's been using that mantle for over a year at this point I think.

I really loved the fact the Connor wasn't a carbon copy of Ollie. .
    Part of what made him so great is that while you could see a little of his dad in him, in almost all ways, he was his polar opposite.

Yes he was a great archer, but he was still #2 (Batman stated he was #1 Shiva, but I'd be willing to let him sit anywhere in the top 5) in the DCU when it came to martial arts.
    Nah, Connor isn't Top 5. Don't wanna turn this into a rumbles discussion, but he just isn't. Definitely top ten though.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I could live with a new codename, but my ideal set-up would be for Connor to have the main Green Arrow title (with Mia as his sidekick and Roy, Emi and Lian having back-up stories together) while Ollie would have Green Arrow/ Black Canary with Dinah and, if the writer wants them around, Henry and Diggle.
    As I said, give Conner a new codename and solo series and have him do his own thing. Have him visit Oliver's world on the Green Arrow title on occasion. Like Nightwing shows up on Batman's title.

Mighty Member

I want Mia Dearden back. How do you all feel about her? I like Emiko fine but thought it was strange to give Ollie another ward when he already has a couple that are in limbo or totally unused in the current continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I want Mia Dearden back. How do you all feel about her? I like Emiko fine but thought it was strange to give Ollie another ward when he already has a couple that are in limbo or totally unused in the current continuity.
    Mia, in my opinion, was Judd Winick's finest addition during his run on GA. Talk about an inspirational character! I would love for her to return. She made the Arrow family more close and, frankly, more socially relatable.

BANNED

Mia, in my opinion, was Judd Winick's finest addition during his run on GA. Talk about an inspirational character! I would love for her to return. She made the Arrow family more close and, frankly, more socially relatable.
    Kevin Smith created Mia, not Winick.

As for my opinion on her, I really like Mia. She's far from being my favorite member of the Arrow Clan, but she's still unique and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Kevin Smith created Mia, not Winick.

As for my opinion on her, I really like Mia. She's far from being my favorite member of the Arrow Clan, but she's still unique and cool.
    I was thinking of Winick's HIV plotline with Mia, my man. Inspirational, agreed?

BANNED

I was thinking of Winick's HIV plotline with Mia, my man. Inspirational, agreed?
    Agreed. But you said that she was the finest addition to his GA run, not that story.

Also, I took it out of my quote because no one paid attention to it anyway, but still not a man.

BANNED

Mia's character grew more interesting and her story more compelling once Judd took over the series. I liked her better than Mr. boring clean cut Buddhist Conner.
    Last edited by The Question; 03-17-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Mia's character grew more interesting and her story more compelling once Judd took over the series. I liked her better than Mr. boring clean cut Buddhist Conner.
    I like Connor but I've always found Mia much more compelling. Mia was the most interesting of any of his sons/daughters/sisters/wards to me. She hasn't been seen in the New 52 universe, right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I like Connor but I've always found Mia much more compelling. Mia was the most interesting of any of his sons/daughters/sisters/wards to me. She hasn't been seen in the New 52 universe, right?
    No, she was in the Kreisberg six-part arc. It seemed to be setting her up to take over for Emiko. Fortunately, Emiko returned.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, she was in the Kreisberg six-part arc. It seemed to be setting her up to take over for Emiko. Fortunately, Emiko returned.
    Oh ok. Those issues are literally the only issues I missed since the New 52 started. Guess I'll read those issues to catch up with Mia.