Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

I haven't read the annual yet, but #45 was probably the best of Percy's issues yet. It's got an interesting horror vibe going on, as well as a solid mystery to drive the plot. It's still overwritten and a bit too loosely plotted, but as those negative qualities keep receding the book is edging towards being quite good.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I've read that Identity Crisis is told through GA's eyes. Enough to warrant buying it for someone who is looking for more Green Arrow stuff to read?
    I'd say yes. I feel like it's slightly more a GA story than anyone else. Although lots are highlighted.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I haven't read the annual yet, but #45 was probably the best of Percy's issues yet. It's got an interesting horror vibe going on, as well as a solid mystery to drive the plot. It's still overwritten and a bit too loosely plotted, but as those negative qualities keep receding the book is edging towards being quite good.
    Well said. I agree completely. This is easily Percy's best issue, but still has some flaws. This is the first issue that I really liked. Hopefully it will continue.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I've read that Identity Crisis is told through GA's eyes. Enough to warrant buying it for someone who is looking for more Green Arrow stuff to read?
    Yes. It's basically told from Ollie's point of view. I have the trade and some friends who didn't collect comics at the time wanted to read it. They enjoyed it and now they buy comics. I think it's a well written, well drawn story. I would advise you to get it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I just finished the first few issues in the Road To Jericho trade. It was awesome seeing Ollie train and learning new stuff to bring everything up to almost the level of his archery. It seems a shame to of ended the run shortly after even though the bow and arrow is still his main focus.

I was searching for a Green Arrow thread so I can talk about some ideas I've had. Luckily, I found this one... Getting to the point, I came up with some great ideas for the world of the New 52 emerald archer: Like giving him a fresh-as-heck, never-before-seen version of his golden-age costume (red boots and red gloves)... No hat though... And a second Green Arrow series titled Green Arrow & Speedy (the female Speedy)... And a crossover between Green Arrow & Speedy and the Earth-2 Justice Society (again, New 52). Oliver Queen would wear his new look (red boots, red gloves) when this team-up occurs... What do ya'll think?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carloshll726 View Post
    I was searching for a Green Arrow thread so I can talk about some ideas I've had. Luckily, I found this one... Getting to the point, I came up with some great ideas for the world of the New 52 emerald archer: Like giving him a fresh-as-heck, never-before-seen version of his golden-age costume (red boots and red gloves)... No hat though... And a second Green Arrow series titled Green Arrow & Speedy (the female Speedy)... And a crossover between Green Arrow & Speedy and the Earth-2 Justice Society (again, New 52). Oliver Queen would wear his new look (red boots, red gloves) when this team-up occurs... What do ya'll think?
    seems interesting enough. tell more.

Quote Originally Posted by Carloshll726 View Post
    I think this is a good idea. Gotta have Roy show up at least a little bit, though in your second series...
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

BANNED

I'm bothered by the fact Star City has been mentioned in Catwoman #48, Teen Titans #16 & now Green Lantern #49. Why isn't Green Arrow in Star City then?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    seems interesting enough. tell more.
    I chose certain Earth-2 heroes for this crossover idea: Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Red Tornado and Hawkgirl... I don't want Red Arrow to appear at all... Oliver Queen is not joining the Earth-2 team, but I just thought it'd be interesting to give him a golden-age inspired costume.
    Last edited by Carloshll726; 02-07-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Personally, if I was gonna put Oliver on a team, I'd say it should be the new version of the Outsiders; make it a team book, comprised of the heads of each clan, forced to work together to police their secret societies while manipulating one another.

(Ollie, of course, would be the odd man out, by trying to NOT be a manipulative ass, but being forced into the situation because he and Katana are the only one's with anything approaching morality.)

Or maybe update the Seven Soldiers of Victory...wasn't he on that team in the Golden Age?
    Last edited by girlverine; 02-08-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by girlverine View Post
    Or maybe update the Seven Soldiers of Victory...wasn't he on that team in the Golden Age?
    Yep. I would personally love to see both Ollie and Roy in a modernized version of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yep. I would personally love to see both Ollie and Roy in a modernized version of the team.
    You should try sending some e-mail [on the DC Comics website] about it.

Green Arrow can probably work better with his own merry people rather than the soldiers of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Green Arrow can probably work better with his own merry people rather than the soldiers of victory.
    Last I checked, Queen was in Justice League United. Did Geoff Johns make him join Justice League (Supes, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc.) yet?

* Since we are talking about Green Arrow, I just want to say that today I thought up an interesting idea for that Earth-2 Red Arrow character! I e-mailed Jim Lee & Geoff Johns earlier. Would anyone like to hear about it?
    Last edited by Carloshll726; 02-08-2016 at 08:04 PM.