Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Lightbulb New Year's Eucalyptus

Oliver Queen is the one-and-only Green Arrow (DC Comics), just like Norman Osborn is the only true Green Goblin (Marvel Comics).

I have a secret belief that Green Arrow was inspired by the fabled Robin Hood, the wondrous archer in England who stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

This New Year's, my resolutions include the following:

1) stop smoking cigarettes
    2) decide how Green Arrow is superior to his longtime partner Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Lightbulb Robin Hood: Arrow Garments

Well, it's New Year's, and I feel good about my cigarette progress, and I also have a line on what sets Green Arrow apart from Green Lantern, even though the two heroes have been complemented nicely in joint comic book issues (one of which I received as a Christmas 2014 gift).

Green Arrow is America's version of Robin Hood, just as Batman is America's version of Sherlock Holmes.

America's rugged and varied terrain is prime for fantasies about targeting (and hence archery). Green Arrow becomes a natural American symbol of adaptive orientation, just as Robin Hood reminded Europeans of the conversational value of wealth tedium.

Newsarama has a preview for Green Arrow #38, which features a brand new cover by Bryan Hitch. I very much preferred the on that was solicited, though.

I liked the first couple of issues from this run, but this looks just dumb. And that robot thing reminded of the worst part of the #0 issue... Also, I found Hal Jordan showing up just for kicks a little bit annoying, as they've basically had zero interaction in the New 52 so far. I guess I'm not a Green Lantern fan to begin with, too.

Really hope there's a new creative team in place post-Convergence.

BANNED

I have a love/hate relationship with this current run. I'd be lying if I said that green construct suit wasn't cool. Hopefully, in this issue it will be explained. He won't be on here post-Convergence, Didio basically said that he'll be on for a couple of issues. I'm hoping Van Jensen, Cullen Bunn or Tony Daniel gets a shot at writing GA. Daniel already said that he was a long time fan, so why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Newsarama has a preview for Green Arrow #38, which features a brand new cover by Bryan Hitch. I very much preferred the on that was solicited, though.

I liked the first couple of issues from this run, but this looks just dumb. And that robot thing reminded of the worst part of the #0 issue... Also, I found Hal Jordan showing up just for kicks a little bit annoying, as they've basically had zero interaction in the New 52 so far. I guess I'm not a Green Lantern fan to begin with, too.

Really hope there's a new creative team in place post-Convergence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I'm hoping Van Jensen, Cullen Bunn or Tony Daniel gets a shot at writing GA. Daniel already said that he was a long time fan, so why not?
    I'd be intrigued by a GA book written by Cullen Bunn. Loving his Sinestro, and his Lobo book has grown on me considerably.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with this current run. I'd be lying if I said that green construct suit wasn't cool. Hopefully, in this issue it will be explained. He won't be on here post-Convergence, Didio basically said that he'll be on for a couple of issues. I'm hoping Van Jensen, Cullen Bunn or Tony Daniel gets a shot at writing GA. Daniel already said that he was a long time fan, so why not?
    Because Tony Daniel is a terrible writer. I wouldn't mind seeing him take over the art, but not the story.

Y'know, setting aside the fact that Hal and Oliver's friendship is non-existent in the New 52, seeing Hal in-action on Earth for once and teaming up with Oliver as if it was like old times (even when it isn't) is pretty awesome .

Makes me wish Hal would eventually show up in the DCTVU, or the Arrow-verse, someday despite the logistics against it .

BANNED

Now that I think of it. With the mention of Emiko in the past couple of issues, maybe Lemire's stuff is still in tact, Andrew is choosing to do his own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, setting aside the fact that Hal and Oliver's friendship is non-existent in the New 52, seeing Hal in-action on Earth for once and teaming up with Oliver as if it was like old times (even when it isn't) is pretty awesome .

Makes me wish Hal would eventually show up in the DCTVU, or the Arrow-verse, someday despite the logistics against it .
    I feel the same. Always felt that Ollie, Hal and Barry were like a mini-trinity on the League. Hope this sees some changes and makes the three close friends.

Also, you never know... they could introduce Hal as a pilot who becomes friends with Ollie and later on gets selected by a Power Ring. I would be happy with that... Not see him as a Green Lantern but being chosen and getting the ring.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I started picking up GA monthly at "Broken" thought it was okay at best and I prefer the new stand in creative team. Is Lemire's other arcs better? I am yet to see why his run on GA is highly praised.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Does anyone have any suggestions for good pre-52 stories for Green Arrow?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Green Arrow:Year One was pretty good.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Green Arrow:Year One was pretty good.
    Thank you Baggie I'll have a look into that and see if I can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I started picking up GA monthly at "Broken" thought it was okay at best and I prefer the new stand in creative team. Is Lemire's other arcs better? I am yet to see why his run on GA is highly praised.
    Broken was somewhat lackluster, you should read the rest of his run starting with issue #17. "The Kill Machine" and "The Outsiders War" are way better reads with a whole lot of really interesting world building.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Longbow Hunters is the definite and best Green Arrow story ever. If you like that you can continue with the rest of his run if you like. Other good ones are Year One and Quiver (and actually most of vol 2).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47