Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I certainly am since we will get more of Lemire's glorious Green Arrow.

Not to mention that we will get Harley Quinn and Damian's origins to boot.

It's mostly the same origins you know but told from a different perspective or exploring other aspects of them.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I'll definitely check it out.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It's an amazing pic!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

There's a promo in this week's books for the new Green Arrow creative team, with the first look at Felicity Smoak's debut. Not so much bending as they did with Diggle, so I guess they fixed the issue about owning the likeness to the actors. I was half-expecting her to look like her old self, but then I suppose there would be no point in introducing her if she wasn't going to look at least a bit like Emily Rickards. Anyway, it should be fun to finally have Team Arrow in the comic books, since Fyff and Naomi sucked.

While I'm not thrilled with Andrew Kriesberg as a writer due to the quality of his past work, Arrow has been good enough that I'm willing to give this a chance. And it's probably Ben Sokolowski who's taking the lead, and his digital-first issues were not terrible. Sampere's art doesn't look as bad as I expected, glad he has Jonathan Glapion on inks.

2014-08-13 07-39-47 - Batman (2011-) 034-022.jpg

Ultimate Member

I like Arrow but his Green Arrow/Black Canary run was AWFUL!! So I'm not sure how to feel about this creative change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I like Arrow but his Green Arrow/Black Canary run was AWFUL!! So I'm not sure how to feel about this creative change.

Well I'm going to give it a chance. It's stupid to judge people by what they did a thousand years ago.

Ultimate Member

More like five, and it's the last time that he's written GA in the mainstream DCU. So it's only natural to judge him based on that.

Ollie looks weird with the beard to me now.

Fantastic Member

i've recently started watching Arrow, and its slowly pulling me back to reading DC. i sure hope "Earth-Arrow" officially becomes a regular comic series in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Ollie looks weird with the beard to me now.
    Maybe not the full-on Van Dyke beard, but he's always had a stubble in the New 52. It was only when Sorrentino took over that he was shown with a baby face for some reason, but he kinda rectified that towards the end of the run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Maybe not the full-on Van Dyke beard, but he's always had a stubble in the New 52. It was only when Sorrentino took over that he was shown with a baby face for some reason, but he kinda rectified that towards the end of the run.
    The stubble was Cully Hamner's idea. It was drawn on him until the third issue of Nocenti/Tolibao's run. He was instructed to not draw ANY facial hair at all on the character. Then Freddie Williams was also told to keep his face completely clean.

They decided to bring back the stubble in Lemire's run, near the end. It's supposed to foreshadow his goatee/beard in the near future. Lemire opposed the beard, but staff decided it made him more recognizable.

Personally, I do miss the big curly goatee, but it doesn't fit his personality right now. He isn't a hipster in the New 52. I'm more of a fan of having a stubbly face for New 52 Oliver. He looks modern, but it still captures the slacker personality behind the character. Clean face SUCKS. Looks like a totally different person. I hate it in the golden age look and the recent version.
    Last edited by ReverseReverseFlash; 08-15-2014 at 10:59 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Wow, what an end to a perfect run Lemire! I might pick up #35, not sure. I bet I won't like it that much. I am very curious though...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    The stubble was Cully Hamner's idea. It was drawn on him until the third issue of Nocenti/Tolibao's run. He was instructed to not draw ANY facial hair at all on the character. Then Freddie Williams was also told to keep his face completely clean.

They decided to bring back the stubble in Lemire's run, near the end. It's supposed to foreshadow his goatee/beard in the near future. Lemire opposed the beard, but staff decided it made him more recognizable.

Personally, I do miss the big curly goatee, but it doesn't fit his personality right now. He isn't a hipster in the New 52. I'm more of a fan of having a stubbly face for New 52 Oliver. He looks modern, but it still captures the slacker personality behind the character. Clean face SUCKS. Looks like a totally different person. I hate it in the golden age look and the recent version.
    Yeah, not a fan of clean faced either. I like the stubble for youn Ollie, but I wish Lemire had left Robert Queen alive so that we could get the best from both worlds.

Just noticed that Comicvine has the solicitation for Green Arrow #36! This time it does show a Bryan Hitch cover like solicited last month, wonder if they'll change the already shown cover from Garry Brown for #35.

And is that Felicity Smoak in a super hero costume???

GREEN ARROW #36

Written by ANDREW KREISBERG and BEN SOKOLOWSKI

Art by DANIEL SAMPERE and JONATHAN GLAPION

Cover by BRYAN HITCH

On sale NOVEMBER 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Green Arrow can hardly catch his breath as he returns to Seattle to find new allies and a new mission. Some things never change, though, as Ollie is making new people want to kill him!