Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    really looks awesome.

BANNED

So this is how I see the tragically missing Arrow Family members right now:

Confirmed to Return:

Connor Hawke. Still very excited for whenever in the next year the superior Green Arrow re-appears.

Likely to Return (Relatively soon):

Cissie King-Jones: While nothing is set in stone obviously, I think that between her appearing in YJ animated and the suspicious lack of the YJ kids ('cept for Ray) in the current DCU, making me think an overhaul is coming up, I think her chances of returning are better than they've been in a long time.

Lian Harper: I REFUSE TO BELIEVE PERCY WOULD BRING BACK ROY AND JADE'S RELATIONSHIP AND NOT BE SETTING UP LIAN'S RETURN!

Unlikely to Return (Relatively soon):

Sin: More of a BoP character, but she still counts in my mind. I think Sin is awesome but I don't see her coming back any time soon.

Unsure:

Mia Dearden: Some may think she's still more likely to return than Cissie, but I dunno. Mia's great and I hope to see her again, but I haven't seen any evidence that makes me think one way or another about her chances for return, save for the fact that the Speedy mantle currently isn't filled by anyone. Hopefully she'll be re-claiming that soon.

Artemis: Really only a thing on the TV show, but she still appeared in the comics...to die. She's definitely popular in the mainstream, but she shares a lot of surface traits with Emi. Being perfectly honest, I'd be upset if she was added to the comic Arrow Family before all the others were back.

You guys agree or disagree?

Connor Hawke another New 52 casualty. I don't see why people over look Jeff Lemire ignoring all of Oliver's key supporting cast.

I miss the Green Arrow from the 80s-2005ish. From Grell's legendary run, Connor stepping up and kicking butt, and then Oliver's return and the fun Arrow family with Mia, Roy, Connor, Dinah, and Oliver. I gave Percy's run a chance but dropped it. I might check it out again when Connor returns, but I doubt any of the others you mentioned will be returning.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 08-07-2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Correction

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Connor Hawke another New 52 casualty. I don't see why people over look Jeff Lemire basically writing Connor out of exsistence, by having Shado hook up with Olivers father. That always bugged me.
    It's probably because Shado hooking up with Oliver's father has nothing to do with Connor's existence. Shado isn't Connor's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's probably because Shado hooking up with Oliver's father has nothing to do with Connor's existence. Shado isn't Connor's mother.
    Wow! I completely remembered that wrong. Thats for pointing that out. I corrected my above post.

But it still bugged me the way Lemire changed that from Grell's run and that Connor has been missing since the New 52.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 08-07-2017 at 06:59 PM.

I'd really like to see Mia come back. I think it would be nice to see Ollie with a more traditional sidekick/protege again since Emiko is Emiko and that relationship is just pretty different from that (with Emi being Ollie's sister and just being in general pretty fully-formed).

I also think there's the Speedy legacy to consider with Emiko using Red Arrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd really like to see Mia come back. I think it would be nice to see Ollie with a more traditional sidekick/protege again since Emiko is Emiko and that relationship is just pretty different from that (with Emi being Ollie's sister and just being in general pretty fully-formed).

I truly wouldn't mind seeing Mia merged somewhat with the concept of Thea from the show, so there's a bit of the familiar for the broader pop-culture fanbase but ultimately we'd be getting Mia back in action. I mean otherwise, between ... oh, Emiko, Cissie and Artemis, all of the other possible Thea character notes are pretty covered.

Other than that, I actually don't hope to see Tigress, Jade and Sportsmaster turn up here. I mean insofar as "BIG FAMILY STORYLINE". I loved loved loved the Roy/Jade interactions we got with the Horsemen but that might be a better storyline to tell in the Titans book that Roy stars in, and Sportsmaster would be a great recurring lower-tier villain for that book, the same way Slade has slid in and out of it. Obviously at one point the Roy/Jade/Artemis/Sportsmaster dynamics would have been just amazing to have happen in Red Hood and the Outlaws, but Jason's doing stuff with the OTHER Artemis now, instead of Roy.

Although maybe it'd be cooler to deal with in Roy's "home-base book" of Green Arrow, too. Keep it more 'in-the-family' as it were.

All I know is that if I were writing either title I'd be addressing that ****.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I would love to see Mia back as well. Not a big fan of Connor.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It made sense to exclude Connor because Ollie wasn't old enough to have an adult/older teenage son during the new 52. In the new 52 he was supposed to be 23/25/28 years old depending on the writer so Connor would have had to be a 10 year old.

You could have had him Ollie's half brother through his father and another woman but most Connor fans vetoed the idea in various "Bring Back Connor" threads.

I am curious about him coming back tho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-09-2017 at 04:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Batman doing detective things? That's how you know it isn't a Batman book :P

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Batman doing detective things? That's how you know it isn't a Batman book :P
    Taking shots at Batman? For shame!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Taking shots at Batman? For shame!
    Why? Taking well-deserved shots at Batman is fun.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Why? Taking well-deserved shots at Batman is fun.
    Like this?