Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Kin Shriner was amazing. Although Alan Tudyk isn't bad either and I have a great love for Stephan Amell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Kin Shriner was amazing. Although Alan Tudyk isn't bad either and I have a great love for Stephan Amell.
    Alan Tudyk is one of my favorite actors (To the surprise of probably no one, Firefly is one of my favorite things) but Shriner beats him out here. (It helps that JLU gave Ollie SO much attention and, IMO, better writing.)

If I had to rank Ollie's, I'd say:

1. Shriner
    2. Tudyk
    3. McDonough (I didn't watch Arrow season 4, but it IS amusing that he was basically fighting himself)
    4. Arnold Taylor
    5. Amell
    6. Hartley

Can't judge Diamantopoulos yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty true about my general tastes. There are obvious exceptions, but those traits and themes really do appeal to me.
    Glad to know I was pretty much spot-on .

I think it was a pretty definitive performance.
    Agreed. He's definitely someone I'd put on the level of Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, and the like even if he wasn't afforded the chance to reprise the role as much as they have.

Not there's much competition these days sadly, but yeah, I'll get to it.
    Fair point (though Marvel's cartoons have improved considerably from the Loeb years), but all the same I think it's a pretty great show.
    Alan Tudyk is one of my favorite actors (To the surprise of probably no one, Firefly is one of my favorite things) but Shriner beats him out here. (It helps that JLU gave Ollie SO much attention and, IMO, better writing.)

If I had to rank Ollie's, I'd say:

1. Shriner
    2. Tudyk
    3. McDonough (I didn't watch Arrow season 4, but it IS amusing that he was basically fighting himself)
    4. Arnold Taylor
    5. Amell
    6. Hartley

Can't judge Diamantopoulos yet.
    Poor Chris Hardwick .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Poor Chris Hardwick .
    I barely remember the JL characters on The Batman TBH. The show had gone really downhill by the time they showed up. That show is also why when "Clayface" was shown to be on the 'Tec team, I was excited, because the show had really made me want to see "Clayface" as a hero.(Even if what we ended up getting was completely different.) Bennett's arc was easily the best part of that show IMO.

I barely remember the JL characters on The Batman TBH. The show had gone really downhill by the time they showed up. That show is also why when "Clayface" was shown to be on the 'Tec team, I was excited, because the show had really made me want to see "Clayface" as a hero.(Even if what we ended up getting was completely different.) Bennett's arc was easily the best part of that show IMO.
    I think the only one I remember distinctly were Flash and Superman because they got old VA's back to play them, though I do remember the plots of the episodes more then I do the portrayals of the Leaguers in those episodes (and the series finale being underwhelming).

I did not know you were a fan of Ethan's storylines, but it does explain some things about your enthusiasm for Basil in 'Tec .

Incredible Member

Honestly if I had to rate it in terms of Arrow interpretations:
    1. Shriner
    2. Tudyk
    3. Hartley
    4. McDonough
    5. Hardwick
    6.Arnold Taylor
    7. Chris Diamantopoulos.
    8. Will Friedle
    9. Amell

Hartley was one of the only reasons I started watching Smallville. I wasn’t keen on the uniform but it was nice to see Green Arrow In a live action adapation.
    Does anyone remember this guy from the first Thor movie? When I first saw him, I thought he had the Green Arrow look!

68C5C8F4-E9BD-4AE2-A76B-77FC250FA127.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Hartley was one of the only reasons I started watching Smallville. I wasn’t keen on the uniform but it was nice to see Green Arrow In a live action adapation.
    Does anyone remember this guy from the first Thor movie? When I first saw him, I thought he had the Green Arrow look!

68C5C8F4-E9BD-4AE2-A76B-77FC250FA127.jpg
    Josh Dallas from Once Upon a Time. He does in Thor, not so much in other things.

I'd say things got hot this issue.

Astonishing Member

Killer homecoming issue. Sexy Black Canary stuff. Fun with Emiko and Shado. Nice melodrama with Moira. Neat plot point with Kate and Wendy. Fast paced, but G.A. is one of my favorite Rebirth books still, almost thirty issues deep.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

That is some great art. This run just keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Killer homecoming issue. Sexy Black Canary stuff. Fun with Emiko and Shado. Nice melodrama with Moira. Neat plot point with Kate and Wendy. Fast paced, but G.A. is one of my favorite Rebirth books still, almost thirty issues deep.
    Agreed, one of the few titles I can't wait to read. Shame it's going monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

It's like Percy is trying to outdo himself with how sexy he can make this couple .

(move over BatCat )

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like Percy is trying to outdo himself with how sexy he can make this couple .

(move over BatCat )
    Don't even go there bruh.

BANNED

Damn it...Percy's REALLY working to make me like Ollie and Dinah as a couple again.

Also, I dig Emi's new costume. I was pretty hard on it upon its reveal, but I've since realized I was looking at it wrong.