Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, I dig Emi's new costume. I was pretty hard on it upon its reveal, but I've since realized I was looking at it wrong.
    Honestly, just looking at it screams "Speedy" to me.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...45388160753665

Today's just a day full of teases regarding my faves.

Also, don't worry, this isn't official art, and someone already pointed out to him that Connor isn't supposed to be white.

Mighty Member

Also, don't worry, this isn't official art, and someone already pointed out to him that Connor isn't supposed to be white.
    That's cool. Of course, Otto Schmidt seems to be moving to Teen Titans at the beginning of the new year and he seems to be done with Green Arrow, so I doubt he's going to be redesigning Connor's look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That's cool. Of course, Otto Schmidt seems to be moving to Teen Titans at the beginning of the new year and he seems to be done with Green Arrow, so I doubt he's going to be redesigning Connor's look.
    Is that the case? Hopefully he still gets to keep putting his stamp on Emi, though, after Damian somehow manages to loosen up, admit his faults, and win her over.

I think I'm okay with it. I'm stoked for Otto on Teen Titans, to be sure, but I think the thing I wonder then is if Ferreyra is staying on Arrow, since it's presumably going monthly?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Is that the case? Hopefully he still gets to keep putting his stamp on Emi, though, after Damian somehow manages to loosen up, admit his faults, and win her over.

I think I'm okay with it. I'm stoked for Otto on Teen Titans, to be sure, but I think the thing I wonder then is if Ferreyra is staying on Arrow, since it's presumably going monthly?
    We'll see about Damian "winning her over".

Also, just saying, Teen Titans really doesn't deserve Otto at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

As far as I can tell Ferreyra is staying on Green Arrow. He's be back after the next issue.

We'll see about Damian "winning her over".

Also, just saying, Teen Titans really doesn't deserve Otto at all.
    Yeah, I like the idea of Emiko being Damian's first crush, but the idea of her reciprocating? Let's just say I'm not down with that. At best, she should find him amusing.

Also, not sure how Teen Titans doesn't deserve Otto.

BANNED

At best, she should find him amusing.
    Agreed

Also, not sure how Teen Titans doesn't deserve Otto.
    Eh, a bad word choice perhaps, but I don't think Teen Titans has very good writing. (And yes, I'm aware both books are written by Percy. Being written by the same person simultaneously doesn't stop there being a huge gap in quality between Aquaman and Titans either.)

So between Ollie, Roy and Connor how would you guys go about differentiating their skill set?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So between Ollie, Roy and Connor how would you guys go about differentiating their skill set?
    This is a case where you really don't even need to rely on headcanons; it's right there in the text.

Oliver: World's Greatest Archer. Weakest in H2H.
    Roy: Most balanced in archery and H2H. Most versatile when it comes to using projectiles.
    Connor: By far the greatest H2H fighter in the Arrow Fam. Worst archer.

Did not know Otto Schmidt was moving to Teen Titans. Awesome .

I don't think they'll change up Connor's classic look too much once he comes back.

BANNED

So That's another down how long until Mia returns properly? (Just pretend City Walls arc never happened). Or do people not like Mia?

Mighty Member

Eh, a bad word choice perhaps, but I don't think Teen Titans has very good writing. (And yes, I'm aware both books are written by Percy. Being written by the same person simultaneously doesn't stop there being a huge gap in quality between Aquaman and Titans either.)
    Oh, I definitely agree that a disparity of quality can be a thing. But I also think good art can elevate writing. The current artist is okay, but I like Otto much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did not know Otto Schmidt was moving to Teen Titans. Awesome .
    Interestingly, on twitter, he says he's still got Green Arrow work coming up too, but he's also filled his feed with his sketches of various Titans members.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So That's another down how long until Mia returns properly? (Just pretend City Walls arc never happened). Or do people not like Mia?
    Mia's got a decent sized fanbase I think ( I know Frontier is a big fan) Personally, she's not one of my favorites in the ArrowFam, but that's basically meaningless since there isn't a single bad character in the ArrowFam and I love most of them. Even if I don't really care about Diggle or Henry, they aren't bad characters.

Hopefully she'll come back soon, either before or after Lian and Cissie. (Sin is still the only one I think is just lost )

I'm a pretty big Mia fan as well. I loved Winick's run on GA and the following Green Arrow and Black Canary book. You had Ollie, Dinah, Connor, Roy, and Mia and I loved that family. To be honest that was really the last time I enjoyed a Green Arrow book. Everything since then, to me has been disappointing and it feels incomplete.

Honestly there's no reason why the new Green Arrow book shouldn't just be a Green Arrow and Black Canary one. As a fan of both(though i love Dinah more) I'd support in a heartbeat.