Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    This is why I want his New 52 gear toned-down a bit. It's over-complicated and difficult to draw. I've seen a couple of guys draw it well(Janin, Reis), but everyone else struggles with the odd leg and forearm plates and all of the weird lines on the torso.
    not only difficult to draw, but hard to wash and nearly impossible to iron. how does one sew patches on all those bullet holes and knife lacerations?

but seriously, it does tend to look busy at times, depends on the artist.

although i like the idea of ga wearing noticeable armor (which is hopefully light enough to wear during running and jumping off rooftops and durable enough to crash thru windows)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh hey, it was you! I was only criticizing it by the way.

And that's my only blog at the moment.
    You mean that article about Green arrow/Black canary? Ha, that was hilarious! I never read the run myself since it was so badly received but all of that does sound pretty bad
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You mean that article about Green arrow/Black canary? Ha, that was hilarious! I never read the run myself since it was so badly received but all of that does sound pretty bad
    Yep! Thanks for the kind words my friend, I think it made me a bit crazy-ier.

I'm not sure, Morrsion does it better with high concept books and I like my GA stories street level style. I love Morrison but I think Green lantern would fit better then Green arrow. I also wouldn't mind him again on the Flash book
    GA has been connected to sci-fi several times. It first happened under Kirby however he left since it was reduced to much by editors. Then it happened under Gerry Conway's World's Finest Comics run. No wonder since he liked pulp science fiction - he did the same with Daredevil) and again under Dennis O'Neil second Green Lantern/Green Arrow run. So he is not so rooted as a street level character that he hasn't been put outside of this. No to mentioned that he has been a part of JLA and has been up against bigger threats than street lever criminals.

I dunno, his Batman run was cemented mostly in reality (despite of having some pretty crazy concepts here and there), I think if he brought that kind of style he could be successful.

Although I must admit that I already thought of a similar premise to GA.
    I would say it is fair to assume that Grant Morrison would touch upon the sci-fi mythos since he loves to touch on weird history aspect of a character.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 08-20-2014 at 02:33 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    GA has been connected to sci-fi several times. It first happened under Kirby however he left since it was reduced to much by editors. Then it happened under Gerry Conway's World's Finest Comics run. No wonder since he liked pulp science fiction - he did the same with Daredevil) and again under Dennis O'Neil second Green Lantern/Green Arrow run. So he is not so rooted as a street level character that he hasn't been put outside of this. No to mentioned that he has been a part of JLA and has been up against bigger threats than street lever criminals.

I would say it is fair to assume that Grant Morrison would touch upon the sci-fi mythos since he loves to touch on weird history aspect of a character.
    Green Arrow can be done sci-fi, I just like my Green Arrow stories street level. That's why I rather have Morrison on another book like Green Lantern where I can get my sci-fi fix while I can get my street level fix from the Green Arrow book. I'd love to see a Green Arrow book with Sean Phillips on the art, maybe even get Brubaker as the writer. That would be one compelling read
    Yep! Thanks for the kind words my friend, I think it made me a bit crazy-ier.
    Then my job here is done *flies away*
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Green Arrow can be done sci-fi, I just like my Green Arrow stories street level. That's why I rather have Morrison on another book like Green Lantern where I can get my sci-fi fix while I can get my street level fix from the Green Arrow book. I'd love to see a Green Arrow book with Sean Phillips on the art, maybe even get Brubaker as the writer. That would be one compelling read

Then my job here is done *flies away*
    You could still have Green Arrow be a street level while have sci fi elements.

Mighty Member

i can't remember where i've seen this before...

do you guys know?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i can't remember where i've seen this before...

do you guys know?
    Justice League #8 variant cover (current series).

thanks. i knew i've seen it somewhere before.

So, it's been confirmed that DC is continuing the collections from Mike Grell's run with Green Arrow Vol. 3 The Trial of Oliver Queen!

While the previous two volumes have been six issues each, it sound like this one should include a couple more as that storyline ran through issues #19-20.

I'm really happy that they're finally reprinting this run, I hope they go all the way through. Now I can't wait for volume 4 so we can reach Blood of the Dragon, the yearly big Shado stories were my favorite parts of Grell's run.