Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1076

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that's surprising.

frontier is probably right. must be a relaunch. and maybe with dinah sharing the title.
    I really hope a Green Arrow/Black Canary book is in the cards. It would fill a void for me that hasn't been filled since Superman/Wonder Woman ended.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Great.
    Take the opportunity to reintroduce Connor, Roy, Lian and Mia back into the fold.
    THEN I'll be back on board every month.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that's surprising.

frontier is probably right. must be a relaunch. and maybe with dinah sharing the title.

While I'm hoping for this (Ollie and Dinah are one of the most iconic couples in DC and a great duo), the sales dipping under 20k tells me they're going for a big shake-up to stir up interest and post-Ric Grayson, who knows what that could mean. Still, I do hope you're right and that's in the cards... and that it fares better than their shared title pre-Flashpoint!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    1988? Strange that Wonder Girl has her original look there then, which was ditched not long after it was established she was Donna Troy and not the previous time displaced child version of Wonder Woman - two decades prior! And that's also Dick Grayson Robin when he was actually Nightwing by then, isn't it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Looks like I wasn't the only one that didn't enjoy this rebirth run. It was truly one of my least favorite runs on Green Arrow.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Looks like I wasn't the only one that didn't enjoy this rebirth run. It was truly one of my least favorite runs on Green Arrow.
    Really? I greatly enjoyed Percy's time on the book. What didn't you enjoy about it, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Really? I greatly enjoyed Percy's time on the book. What didn't you enjoy about it, if you don't mind me asking?
    To me his Oliver was not very likable, Oliver is abrasive but I didn't care for Percy's characterization at all. My next issue was the politics........listen I LOVED Grell's GA and most of O'Neil's stuff as well so I understand that Oliver is a character that has usually dealt with political issues. My problem was Percy was about as subtle with this as being hit in the face with a brick!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    1988? Strange that Wonder Girl has her original look there then, which was ditched not long after it was established she was Donna Troy and not the previous time displaced child version of Wonder Woman - two decades prior! And that's also Dick Grayson Robin when he was actually Nightwing by then, isn't it?
    Welcome to the wonderful world of reprints!

To me his Oliver was not very likable, Oliver is abrasive but I didn't care for Percy's characterization at all. My next issue was the politics........listen I LOVED Grell's GA and most of O'Neil's stuff as well so I understand that Oliver is a character that has usually dealt with political issues. My problem was Percy was about as subtle with this as being hit in the face with a brick!
    That's fair, he really did lay it on thick, but I never took Ollie as subtle so it worked for me.

Mighty Member

I wouldn't really call cancelling the title at 50 an indictment of Percy's run. He left the title over 10 issues ago. Anyway, this isn't the only title they seem to be cancelling at 50. There are probably plans for a relaunch or something.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

It was nowhere near as awful the New 52 relaunch, but it wasn't the greatest run of Ollie by any stretch.
    Some issues were pretty damn enjoyable though.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's fair, he really did lay it on thick, but I never took Ollie as subtle so it worked for me.
    Yeah, Ollie is pretty bombastic when it comes to his opinions, so it never really bothered me that much, and I think Percy balanced it well with the traditional Superheroics and character dynamics.

Always Rakzo

I'm still hurt by Percy's run. It was easily one of the most misguiden, heavyhanded and downright frustrating eras of the character. From the buzzwords that were not even used correctly, to the extremist political message that makes the 70s Green Arrow look subtle, to the aging of Emiko Queen that turned her into a more conventional teenager, etc. There were simply too many wrong things to count.

Was there anything salvageable from it? Well, at least Percy gave us "WEREWOLF MEANS PRIVILEGE!". Nobody will ever take that from him.

Actually, it is interesting that Curse of Brimstone says FINAL ISSUE, but Green Arrow doesn't.

We'll see just how cool those plans are. DC editorial leaves a lot to be desired of late.