Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    So, it's been confirmed that DC is continuing the collections from Mike Grell's run with Green Arrow Vol. 3 The Trial of Oliver Queen!

While the previous two volumes have been six issues each, it sound like this one should include a couple more as that storyline ran through issues #19-20.

I'm really happy that they're finally reprinting this run, I hope they go all the way through. Now I can't wait for volume 4 so we can reach Blood of the Dragon, the yearly big Shado stories were my favorite parts of Grell's run.
    i wasn't familiar with this arc so i checked the net. i read that oliver accidentally killed a minor in this arc although he got acquitted by a judge. man, that's heavy.

So, it's been confirmed that DC is continuing the collections from Mike Grell's run with Green Arrow Vol. 3 The Trial of Oliver Queen!

While the previous two volumes have been six issues each, it sound like this one should include a couple more as that storyline ran through issues #19-20.

I'm really happy that they're finally reprinting this run, I hope they go all the way through. Now I can't wait for volume 4 so we can reach Blood of the Dragon, the yearly big Shado stories were my favorite parts of Grell's run.
    Link I can't find any information about this. I hope they will release the wonder years soon.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Yeah, Dc is doing a great job currently on collecting all those older runs. Spectre, Martian Manhunter, Green arrow and now it has been announced that Nightwing by Dixon and Deathstroke by Wolfman (YES YES YES) are also being collected.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...rrow-season-3/

hmm.. the teaser shows oliver and felicity kissing, (but not under a tree mind you). another ploy perhaps?

thea gets to whack a vase.

Seems like the new writers Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski wont stay that long on Green Arrow wont. Makes sense since they are also written the TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah, Dc is doing a great job currently on collecting all those older runs. Spectre, Martian Manhunter, Green arrow and now it has been announced that Nightwing by Dixon and Deathstroke by Wolfman (YES YES YES) are also being collected.
    I would still like to see Wonder Years and Barr's Green Arrow released as a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Seems like the new writers Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski wont stay that long on Green Arrow wont. Makes sense since they are also written the TV series.

I would still like to see Wonder Years and Barr's Green Arrow released as a trade.
    I wonder who will take over after they are finished (and if Felicity and such are staying).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member

One hopes someone with a bit more background in sequential storytelling.

We started with some James-Bond style stuff. With Lemire and Sorrentino we had mystical crime comics. I suspect we'll have some straightforward superhero crime comics with the new team.

Perhaps the next step for the character is to try to bring back some social commentary, some relevance. With that in mind, someone like Ales Kot or Curt Pires I think could serve the book well.

I felt Didio was not confident in either Klarion or GA staying up in sales from that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    One hopes someone with a bit more background in sequential storytelling.

We started with some James-Bond style stuff. With Lemire and Sorrentino we had mystical crime comics. I suspect we'll have some straightforward superhero crime comics with the new team.

Perhaps the next step for the character is to try to bring back some social commentary, some relevance. With that in mind, someone like Ales Kot or Curt Pires I think could serve the book well.
    I would love a GA run by Greg Rucka. Would also love Brubaker and Phillips to give it a go if it weren't for the fact that they stopped doing Big Two work for the time being. Maybe it's time for a high profile writer to do a run, if only for a few issues to boost sales. I wouldn't mind a Azzarello or Snyder run myself. Tim Seeley would be awesome too.

As far as artists go... I guess I'd like Scalera to get some more work and Green Arrow would be awesome. Apart from that, Ivan Reis? Maybe even Capullo if/when he stops doing Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoniac View Post
    I felt Didio was not confident in either Klarion or GA staying up in sales from that interview.
    Well, Klarion is a new book and Ann Nocenti has got some negative reviews on her recent titles. However her DD has a some supernatural elements which works quite well. She introduced blackheart, Well Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow hasn't sold this well doing new 52 (well maybe the first couple of issues but not for a longer period) so of cause he expect the sales will go down when Jeff Lemire is one of the most popular writers at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I would love a GA run by Greg Rucka. Would also love Brubaker and Phillips to give it a go if it weren't for the fact that they stopped doing Big Two work for the time being. Maybe it's time for a high profile writer to do a run, if only for a few issues to boost sales. I wouldn't mind a Azzarello or Snyder run myself. Tim Seeley would be awesome too.

As far as artists go... I guess I'd like Scalera to get some more work and Green Arrow would be awesome. Apart from that, Ivan Reis? Maybe even Capullo if/when he stops doing Batman.
    Snyder is busy doing the Batman related books. I think he more or less has say in what direction the books needs to go (which is of cause planned with Didio, Jim Lee and Geoff Johns). So it is unlikely he will do Green Arrow. It seems like Greg Rucka is talking a break from the big two. Has his Kickstarter project been shipped yet? However I would like him on Green Arrow. I like Brian Azzarello and his crime noir style could fit with Green Arrow.

BANNED

Green Arrow never gets the big writers. What a shame!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    Green Arrow never gets the big writers. What a shame!!
    Kevin Smith? Jeff Lemire has just left the title which is one of the hottest name in the business at the moment. Judd Winick is/was not a unknown name either. Dixon in the 90's was the top writer. Mike Grell and Mike Barr was big names in the 80's. Dennis O'Neil is also a big name 8even though it was the Green Lantern series that Green Arrow appear it was much more street level and like a Green Arrow series than an cosmic Green Lantern series (however his second run was more science fiction than street level). So GA has had several big writers.

BANNED

Kevin Smith? Jeff Lemire has just left the title which is one of the hottest name in the business at the moment. Judd Winick is/was not a unknown name either. Dixon in the 90's was the top writer. Mike Grell and Mike Barr was big names in the 80's. Dennis O'Neil is also a big name 8even though it was the Green Lantern series that Green Arrow appear it was much more street level and like a Green Arrow series than an cosmic Green Lantern series (however his second run was more science fiction than street level). So GA has had several big writers.
    I'm not talking about has been writers. I'm talking about now. Present time and Jeff Lemire isn't really a big name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    I'm not talking about has been writers. I'm talking about now. Present time and Jeff Lemire isn't really a big name.
    Well, that wasn't exactly what you wrote. Jeff Lemire is probably the biggest new name to come in the industry within the last two or three years. All the work he has gotten at DC is a clear prove of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoniac View Post
    a portion of it didn't sound that encouraging. but at the moment i am not worried for GA. we just had an amazing lemeire run, and the tv show is on its 3rd season, i am grateful for all the attention GA is getting at the moment.