Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Kevin Smith? Jeff Lemire has just left the title which is one of the hottest name in the business at the moment. Judd Winick is/was not a unknown name either. Dixon in the 90's was the top writer. Mike Grell and Mike Barr was big names in the 80's. Dennis O'Neil is also a big name 8even though it was the Green Lantern series that Green Arrow appear it was much more street level and like a Green Arrow series than an cosmic Green Lantern series (however his second run was more science fiction than street level). So GA has had several big writers.
    Pretty much, I don't know how can anyone say that GA has never gotten big name writers, it has a pretty consistent track of great stories (you know, until that happened).

Despite of his flaws, I always thought that Snyder could write a pretty good GA run focusing on Star City/Seattle and the worldbuilding that implies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    Green Arrow never gets the big writers. What a shame!!
    You guys are not happy with Arrow producers/writers coming in to write for GA ?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Er, I'm not saying anything.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Nope, not at all. Kreisberg has a very bad track record comic book wise and his Green Arrow/Black Canary comic from some years ago is presumably very bad. I'd also like Arrow and the comic to be different, not exactly the same. And they replace Lemire and Sorrentino
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

The purists/pessimists aren't happy but people like me are keeping an open mind.

I'm not happy since Lemire/Sorrentino got me into GA, but I'm not mad. I'm just waiting to see how this group is going to handle the book.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I'm not happy since Lemire/Sorrentino got me into GA, but I'm not mad. I'm just waiting to see how this group is going to handle the book.
    Have you checked out some of the earlier stories? Jeff Lemire has borrowed quite a few characters from Mike Grell's run that is a good place to start. Andy Diggle's Year One is another. If you wanna god further back you can read The Green Lantern/Green Arrow by Dennis O'Neil. Kevin Smith's run is going to be released in a trade here in september which I'm going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Pretty much, I don't know how can anyone say that GA has never gotten big name writers, it has a pretty consistent track of great stories (you know, until that happened).

Despite of his flaws, I always thought that Snyder could write a pretty good GA run focusing on Star City/Seattle and the worldbuilding that implies.
    I'm not quite sure. Are you thinking of New 52?

Not totally unhappy..Lemire broke GA and built him back up.If the new writers had gone with the flow i'd be getting it.But the solicits and intro of new characters probably means they are going to break him again.Lemire took several people out in his first issue,odds are one or both of Fyff/Naomi will leave/die so as to get Felicity in the team.Getting rid of an already built up team again just to bring in a character that you like doesn't give me positive vibes going forward.
    I hope i'm wrong and the run is good.I might get the trade if so,but the art on those covers and in the back pages preview is not encouraging one bit

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Have you checked out some of the earlier stories? Jeff Lemire has borrowed quite a few characters from Mike Grell's run that is a good place to start. Andy Diggle's Year One is another. If you wanna god further back you can read The Green Lantern/Green Arrow by Dennis O'Neil. Kevin Smith's run is going to be released in a trade here in september which I'm going to get.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm definitely going to check those out. I'm also thinking of getting some Conner stuff because I remember reading him with Kyle when I was a kid and enjoying it. Plus I always enjoy watching someone continue a legacy.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm definitely going to check those out. I'm also thinking of getting some Conner stuff because I remember reading him with Kyle when I was a kid and enjoying it. Plus I always enjoy watching someone continue a legacy.
    Chuck Dixon's run on Green Arrow hasn't been collected. Except for this miniseries. Connor became Green Arrow in issue 102 and it ended in 137. There was a few appearance here and there but nothing major until Kevin Smith took over. There is several reason for the gap between the two runs (Kevin Smith was rumour on the title already in 1998). Kevin Smith needed to finish dogma and then later on he released DD for Marvel. DC then wanted him to write 8-9 issues because Levin Smith had a rumour of being late (which has later been proven to be correct we are still waiting for him to end his Batman story, it took a long time for him to finish his Spider-man/Black Cat story: The Evil men do and the Bullseye miniseries he was supposed to do had only one issue released and will most likely never be finished because the Bullseye story was instead told be Bendis - Yes, it is that long ago).

Connor was pretty awesome in JLA by Morrison. Apart from that I don't know much about him. For Ollie I'd definitely recommend the Longbow Hunters and the rest of the Mike Grell run. And you can't go wrong with most of the vol 2 run, especially the first issues by Kevin Smith.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Connor was pretty awesome in JLA by Morrison. Apart from that I don't know much about him. For Ollie I'd definitely recommend the Longbow Hunters and the rest of the Mike Grell run. And you can't go wrong with most of the vol 2 run, especially the first issues by Kevin Smith.
    Yeah I liked the few JLA Conner issues and thanks for the suggestions.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

One of the guys at comicvine did a best of Lemire/Sorrentino list and I thought it was cool enough to share.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/th...s/1100-149723/

My favorite moment was Shado's flashback explaining Oliver's father and his connection to the island and Komodo.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

One of the guys at comicvine did a best of Lemire/Sorrentino list and I thought it was cool enough to share.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/th...s/1100-149723/

My favorite moment was Shado's flashback explaining Oliver's father and his connection to the island and Komodo.
    Mine was a tie between Vertigo, The Longbow Hunters assembled and the Outsiders war

Always Rakzo

My favorite moment is definitely the revelation of the different clans.

That was a game changer for the entire franchise.