Default X-Men Recommendations

Hey, I'm fairly new to X-Men comics. I've read Marvel comics for years so I have some general familiarity but I was always more of an Avengers/Fantastic Four guy. But I recently read Joss Wheadon's run on Astonishing X-Men and Jason Aaron's run on Wolverine & the X-Men and I loved them both. So what should I read next? The X-Men universe is kind of overwhelming. My favorite X-Men are probably Beast and Kitty Pryde (and I would also love to read more about Armor).

BANNED

I can't help much because Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is my all-time favorite X-Men story, but I can try.

I don't think Armor has been in a heck of a lot (she's still a student in Claremont's current Nightcrawler ongoing for some reason) but for her and Beast I would try the second volume of Astonishing by Ellis (it's next on my list for the next time I get discount Marvel Unlimited). Just don't read current X-Men because Beast isn't being portrayed very positively.

For Kitty I would try to track down the Shadow and Flame miniseries. I actually think the Kitty there has a very similar voice to Whedon's. Excalibur is also fun, if weird and somewhat dated.

Also I haven't read it, but apparently the X-Mem fought Dracula in the last decade of stories. That's something I find worth checking out.

There are tons of experts on Kitty's appreciation thread who can help you further

Thanks! I'll definitely check out Ellis' Astonishing run (I love his work on Moon Knight and Secret Avengers already).