Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Niffleheim

I remember reading one review that didn't like how young Ororo looked in the cover. What are the ages for the O5 and main X-Men?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I remember reading one review that didn't like how young Ororo looked in the cover. What are the ages for the O5 and main X-Men?
    Not sure but Storm and Jean seemed like they were technically among the oldest. Of the O5 and current main X-Men Storm is canonically older than Colossus, Iceman, Rachel, Firestar, Magik and Nightcrawler (close to the same age as Jean). I am not sure if she is older than Warren, Hank, Northstar, Psylocke, or Cyclops.But hey that reviewer has to recognize that black don't crack .
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Not sure but Storm and Jean seemed like they were technically among the oldest. Of the O5 and current main X-Men Storm is canonically older than Colossus, Iceman, Rachel, Firestar, Magik and Nightcrawler (close to the same age as Jean). I am not sure if she is older than Warren, Hank, Northstar, Psylocke, or Cyclops.But hey that reviewer has to recognize that black don't crack .
    I believe Uncanny 159 (Dracula story) established Storm as being in her mid-20s. Since we know comic characters don't age unless they are babies like Luna and Franklin, or young teens like Shadowcat, its safe to say that Storm is in her mid-20s now.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I believe Uncanny 159 (Dracula story) established Storm as being in her mid-20s. Since we know comic characters don't age unless they are babies like Luna and Franklin, or young teens like Shadowcat, its safe to say that Storm is in her mid-20s now.
    Lol Storm is not in her mid-20s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Lol Storm is not in her mid-20s.
    According to Jean, Storm has an old soul. Storm is in her mid-20s and has an old soul. So, she's just very mature and wise for her age. Consider this, Grant Morrison established Emma Frost to be 27 or 28 years old (I forget which), so Storm being about 25 makes sense. Emma has always seemed to be older than Ororo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    According to Jean, Storm has an old soul. Storm is in her mid-20s and has an old soul. So, she's just very mature and wise for her age. Consider this, Grant Morrison established Emma Frost to be 27 or 28 years old (I forget which), so Storm being about 25 makes sense. Emma has always seemed to be older than Ororo anyway.
    Yeah, it was 27 and i'm not gonna put much stock into that. Emma's deffo in her mid-40s though (ahahaha). But it's awkward. Storm being 25 years old is just...awkward. Jean was 24 at the time of her first death, which was in 1980 and so Storm should have been 29 at the very least considering Claremont also established that Ororo was born in 1951 and at the time, Claremont very much aged his characters in sync with real time until his departure. I mean, Storm...25? Pfffffft.

Well the time scale in comics is wonky. I remember reading in that issue where Xavier gave Storm her X-Treme X-Men uniform as a gift (or was it Yukio with that "gotcha" on the signature card...?) Ororo mentioned she had picked Xavier's pocket like 10 years prior to her joining the X-Men. Or something along the lines of indicating she had been on the team less than 10 years at that point. It didn't fit in my mind because I think she joined the team in her early 20's, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. All of the main X-Men are most likely their 20's to 30's. I think Ororo looks pretty youthful in all of her covers so I am not really seeing why the reviewer felt she looked younger on the cover of #7.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Isn't Storm one year older than Jean? I remember someone telling me that Jean died at 25 which made Storm 26 at the time or something.

Anyway, I loved this issue. Page after page of action

My only issue would be the inker.... Barrionuevo is actually a good artist. The inker isn't doing anything positive for his work though.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Storm is currently probably between 24-26

No way Ororo is in her twenties. Ororo is about the same age as Scott Summers (I think she was a year older), who was already a married man with a son when Kitty Pryde was still 14. Kitty was old enough to drink when she was living in Muir Island with the rest of Excalibur ages ago, and was old enough to be made co-headmistress of JGHS during Schism, so I would say Kitty is at least 20 now and Storm is in her thirties.

Storm is in her early 30s.

BANNED

I think Storm is 25 years old.