Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Black Wood: Garry Brown? I thought he was working on Catwoman
    Brown has also been been drawing The Massive at Dark Horse (written by Woods) being published concurrently to his Catwoman work. (Which makes him one of two artists I know of doing two titles per month)

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    So is From Under Mountains going to run concurrently with 8House?
    Sounds like it yeah, it would make sense - 8House currently has 12 issues planned, as does From Under Mountains. Weirdly I don't think we've had a definitive launchdate for From Under Mountains though? But yeah fingers crossed they both start in April. It'll be so cool to suddenly go from basically no comics work by Marian Churchland since her graphic novel Beast, to suddenly have her writing a series and drawing the first arc of another series simultaneously. And I bet Graham's asked her to contribute to Island as well. Good times.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Stephenson really toned down the jabs at the competition here this time, I don't really see the complaints of some here. Anyway it's the Image publisher delivering a speech at Image Expo. Bound to toot his own horn a bit right?
    [EDIT: It's slightly annoying he kinda skims over the pricing though. I get it, stuff gets more expensive, but a lot of Image debuts at 3.50 or 3.99 nowadays, or gets raised to that. Not holding it against them, but it's slightly weird to then explicitly mention how you're trying to keep prices low.]
    Marvel and DC are starting to butt up against the $5 price point more and more as of late. I was half-considering picking up the new Ant-Man book, but balked when I saw they'd decided to launch at $5. Right now, you usually get a few extra pages of story, but I wouldn't be surprised if that starts getting gradually peeled back until $4.99 becomes the new norm.

Yes (8): Black Wood, Pretty Deadly, AD, We Stand on Guard, Sons of the Devil, Revengeance, I Hate Fairyland, Paper Girls
    Maybe (3; depends on the preview): Heaven, Plutona, Ludocrats
    No (11): Spawn, Savior, Airboy, Starve, 8house, Island, Tadaima, Monstress, Run Love Kill, No Mercy, Kaptara

I like the above system! For me:

Yes: Island, Pretty Deadly, Monstress, Paper Girls, We Stand on Guard, Ludocrats
    Maybe: 8house, Revengeance, I Hate Fairyland, Heaven, Tadaima, Run Love Kill, Sons of the Devil, Kaptara, Savior
    No: AD, Plutona, Black Wood, Starve, No Mercy, Spawn, Airboy
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Yes: Black Road, Pretty Deadly Volume 2, AD, Heaven

Maybe: Pretty much everything else.

Pretty underwhelmed with most of these! But it's cool, so long as they keep on publishing the books I love!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I like the above system! For me:

Yes: Island, Pretty Deadly, Monstress, Paper Girls, We Stand on Guard, Ludocrats
    Maybe: 8house, Revengeance, I Hate Fairyland, Heaven, Tadaima, Run Love Kill, Sons of the Devil, Kaptara, Savior
    No: AD, Plutona, Black Wood, Starve, No Mercy, Spawn, Airboy
    I too really like this system!

Yes: Starve, Black Road, Pretty Deadly 2, Plutona, A.D., We Stand on Guard, the Ludocrats, Phonogram 3, I Hate Fairyland, Paper Girls
    Maybe: 8house, Island, (at least for Rios' work), Monstress, Kaptara, Revengeance
    No: Spawn, Savior, Airboy, Heaven, Tadaima, No Mercy, RunLoveKill, Sons of the Devil