Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

[/QUOTE]One question about this series (I'll not get it till the print editions come out): does it follow the continuity of Diana Prince moving to LA or is it still Washington based? Wonder if the boy who knew her secret still knows her secret.[/QUOTE]

Issue #1 begins with Diana and Steve at IADC headquarters in Washington, D.C.

I can't imagine any good reason to pick up on that L.A. angle. I suspect Andreyko will quietly ignore that.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post

Issue #1 begins with Diana and Steve at IADC headquarters in Washington, D.C.

I can't imagine any good reason to pick up on that L.A. angle. I suspect Andreyko will quietly ignore that.
    I think he is already tampering with the TV show canon by having Diana superjump without her belt on.

'Silver' as a woman's name in the 1970s, ..and especially for a pop singer, ..actually works! Silver Swan and the Starlings! I ..LOVE it!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I think he is already tampering with the TV show canon by having Diana superjump without her belt on.
    It would be funny if Andreyko had Diana make a casual remark to Steve about "That regrettable time I moved to Los Angeles..."
    Last edited by Largo161; 01-09-2015 at 12:21 PM.

The only woman I can see playing a 1070s TV Silver Swan is MORGAN FAIRCHILD! She would have been perfect casting, and it would be great to see her likeness used in this comic.

Lee%u00252BMeriwether.jpg679-10341.jpg8.jpg

Then, with Lee Meriweather (recast) as Queen Hippolyta, ..Renee Auberjonois as Lord Hermes, ..Edward Mulhare as Zeus AND Valerie Bertinelli (recast) as Princess Drusilla/ Wonder Girl, the Wonder Woman show might have lasted three or four more seasons! Really hoping I would get to see Lynda Carter interacting with Zeus, Wonder Woman's father, for WW77 comic, but not counting on seeing that happen, here.

Still think the 'Papi Zeus' thing would have worked very well for the TV show, also.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-09-2015 at 02:03 PM. Reason: better photo
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Farrah Fawcett would have been a perfect Silver Swan

020513-Farrah-Fawcett-400.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Farrah Fawcett would have been a perfect Silver Swan

020513-Farrah-Fawcett-400.jpg
    That could have been nice. I believe they were both competing for the most sold poster at that time.

That could have been nice. I believe they were both competing for the most sold poster at that time.
    Yeah, everyone had this poster ... I read somewhere that it sold something like 10-15 Million copies! She was a truly stunning beauty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Yeah, everyone had this poster ... I read somewhere that it sold something like 10-15 Million copies! She was a truly stunning beauty.
    I was a Jaclyn Smith/Tanya Roberts fan. But Farah was a beauty.

I thought it was a nice bit of escape.

Speaking for myself, I still think that some of Drew's figure work can come off as "blocky" and he still has problems with portraying action. It isn't always apparent who is hitting who.

The likenesses were hit and miss.

Will be interested to see if the story turns out to be something that I would be willing to pay more than 99 cents a week for. But I certainly like the tone that has been set.

The one thing about the dialogue is that it really didn't "sound" that much like 70's to me.

@iblogalot,

I read your review of the issue and I'm unclear about one thing you wrote. Do you realize that the scientist WW rescues in the beginning of the story is a different guy than the one they track at the disco?

I actually posted this yesterday in the DC Comics forum.
    Didn't remember there was a Wonder Woman forum and wondered why no one commented on it. LOL.

Read the first issue today (yesterday now).
    Pretty fun.

It may be a bit early to really form an opinion, though. Perhaps after #3.
    I have to say the villain that's given the Dazzler treatment was a perfect fit.

The art was spot-on and the personalities appeared faithful to the show.

I had completely forgotten about I.R.A.

And I liked how there's a nod to the fact that Wonder Woman isn't American. He devotion to the world and not any one government looks like a possible subplot forming. Especially considering the current storyline.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Who I hope to see...

Cheetah
    Captain Wonder
    Dr. Psycho
    Angle Man
    Wonder Girl
    Artemis
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I enjoyed the artwork and thought it captured the vibe of the show perfectly.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I was a Jaclyn Smith/Tanya Roberts fan. But Farah was a beauty.
    I loved all the Angels ... Except Cheryl Ladd ... She was just a poor woman's Farrah (jk)