Super Moderator

Default Comic Book Legends Revealed: Did Marvel Kill A Character This Week Over Film Rights?

Did Marvel kill off a major character this week over movie rights? Plus, did Wolverine really get re-drawn as Storm in an issue of "X-Men?"

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member

Seems a little odd to jump on that movie rights one so quickly without really any concrete information about it. I mean I do not know why Marvel does what it does and how much is influenced by other media rights but it seems Marvel does not have the freedom to just use the character, which if one buys into the conspiracy theories, would mean Marvel might still kill that character off if only because it is a character they have no use for in the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Seems a little odd to jump on that movie rights one so quickly without really any concrete information about it. I mean I do not know why Marvel does what it does and how much is influenced by other media rights but it seems Marvel does not have the freedom to just use the character, which if one buys into the conspiracy theories, would mean Marvel might still kill that character off if only because it is a character they have no use for in the bigger picture.
    For some people, it seems that if anything they don't like happens in the comics, their first move is to blame the movies, somehow.

BANNED

If there's anything to be cynical about it's the cheap ploy of using "death" to add artificial drama to the story. If nothing else though it will serve to bury the hatchet (in Namor's chest, bwahaha) between T'Challa and Namor going forward. When he's resurrected (assuming he's actually dead for more than a few issues) they can go back to a more equal, professional relationship.