Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    I'm rather surprised that the 17th issue available on ComiXology since it's less than a month since the last one. My only complain is that I was waiting for some twist before the battle was finished, but I suppose sometimes plans really work exactly as planned.
    The release date was for late November I recall, but I'm not gonna complain! Yes, and I'm please it actually did, the allies suffered enough. The war in the pacific is over, next stop, Berlin. We'll see what Götterdämmerung truly is and given the name, I suspect a weaponized catalyst that deactivate and kill Ubermensch and human alike.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moeru View Post
    The release date was for late November I recall, but I'm not gonna complain! Yes, and I'm please it actually did, the allies suffered enough. The war in the pacific is over, next stop, Berlin. We'll see what Götterdämmerung truly is and given the name, I suspect a weaponized catalyst that deactivate and kill Ubermensch and human alike.
    I suppose I expected that not activating the brothers Rivers to their battleship level of potential will have consequences for the US, but that has yet to happen.

Mighty Member

The hard copy also shipped this week. (I flipped through it. But, payday ain't until tomorrow. And, I am still working on comics I bought two weeks ago. so....)

One possible consequence of the Rivers brothers not being fully upgraded is that civilization's most powerful weapon is a turncoat German. A German would be happy to kill his former Japanese allies. But, he might be more squeamish about killing the his volk-fellows. And, Claudia is still alive. (Correct me if I am wrong, but she has the highest kill and incapacitation rate.) She will clobber the Rivers brothers with one arm. (And, unlike Werner, she still has two arms.)

Is there anything in the narration to indicate if superhumans survive the war? We know from the Free Comic Book Day issue in 2015 that some kind of advanced civilization survives. There is written language, functioning typewriters and a long-distance postal service on at least one continent. (The in-issue letter mentions "the Great Burn" in the past tense, and implies that that war has been over for at least a few years.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    One possible consequence of the Rivers brothers not being fully upgraded is that civilization's most powerful weapon is a turncoat German. A German would be happy to kill his former Japanese allies. But, he might be more squeamish about killing the his volk-fellows. And, Claudia is still alive. (Correct me if I am wrong, but she has the highest kill and incapacitation rate.) She will clobber the Rivers brothers with one arm. (And, unlike Werner, she still has two arms.)
    Considering what happened to him and the narration, I would say that Werner is permanently out.

Claudia is the most experienced battleship and has amazing luck when it comes to surviving impossible odds, but it's her against not only Rivers bothers, but Leah with fixed leg and Tamara. Unless German's secret plan is something that will make her more powerful, she's probably once again will be used as a way to buy them time to finish whatever they're making.

Mighty Member

I only flipped through the issue, so I definitely missed the narration you are talking about.

My guess is that Leah and Tamara are out. (Leah seemed more interested in protecting Tamara from Stephanie et al than winning the war.)
    Last edited by CentralPower; 11-09-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

Mighty Member

Finally managed to read the most recent issue.

Barring a fortunate run-in with Maria, it is safe to assume that Werner is out of the game. (On a related note, it is ironic that Maria's benevolence has most directly helped Klaudia, considering that Claudia's attack in the zero issue crippled Maria.)

Speculation: The twist at the end is going to be the characters realizing that the technology they are using can be applied more productively to construction and art, rather than warfare. There are hints of this in the early issues (the Sieglindestrauss bridge, use of halo effects for cosmetic and medical purposes, Werner's gift to Hitler...).

Spectacular Member

Uber is most likely on some kind of a break because it's not in any solicitations including March 2019. Asked Gillen about it on his blog, but for now he hasn't given any answer.

Only four more issues, but we may wait for a while to get the ending if there is something preventing them for being finished.

Alright, thank you Celestin.

Mighty Member

A delay would be preferable to having a botched, or even sub-par, ending.

Spectacular Member

Gillen once said that he could end Uber within a single issue, probably doing it like a history book, and that was a few years ago. Maybe he will get a chance to do that, but it's not up to him since he doesn't own the series.

Now, it's just my speculation, but I'm guessing it's Avatar Press that either has some publishing problems or is doing reorganization in their plans. Their solicitations are rather empty and they aren't announcing any new series.
    Last edited by Celestin; 01-16-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Mighty Member

I thought that Gillen did own Uber. (I recall him saying that he had to shop it around to several publishers over the course of several years, before Avatar picked it up.) \

Of course, if Avatar Press is in trouble, it might not matter who owns what.

I thought there were enough issues for Vol 7? Where is it?

Waiting for it so i can buy 6 and 7 .

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I thought there were enough issues for Vol 7? Where is it?

Waiting for it so i can buy 6 and 7 .

It appears Avatar may be having financial trouble as their releases have heavily slowed and theyÂ’ve been liquidating inventory. Invasion is supposed to be 21 issues so 4 to go...

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I thought that Gillen did own Uber. (I recall him saying that he had to shop it around to several publishers over the course of several years, before Avatar picked it up.) \

Of course, if Avatar Press is in trouble, it might not matter who owns what.
    I'd heard it was Avatar that approached Gillen with the idea, but that was years ago, so my memory might be faulty.

BANNED

Oh man, it would totally suck if Avatar went under and Gillen wouldn't be able to finish Uber. This is and has always been his best work if you ask me...