Anyone is reading it?

It's easily one of my favorite comics published right now. While I usually stay away from Avatar Press publications because of their excessive use of violence in them, the premise of alternate take on WWII with militarized superhumans involved got my attention from the moment it was announced and I didn't want to miss it.

And Gillen definitely delivered. You can tell that he put a huge amount of hours into researching historical background, but what's equally impressive is how strict he is with the pseudo-technical aspect of the Ubers. This allows the readers to try predict the outcome of upcoming battles depending on various strategies. All this without ignoring a human part of the comic.

Surprising enough my favorite character is Sieglinde. While my enthusiasm for her is a little diminished by her allegiance, there is something about amazonian beauties that draws me to them. And then there is something satisfying in witnessing a housewife (or at least I'm guessing from her origin that she would be one) showing herself to be more capable than her male companions and overcoming any odds. I was quite already surprised that she won against HMH Colossus and just as much surprised that the writer let her survive the eleventh issue. That probably will change soon.

Siegmund's actions were unexpected and made the year two of Uber completely unpredictable, at least for now.

Siegfried is simply insane.

There is not much to say about Maria yet, even after the current (13th) issue, but she reminds me a lot of The Female from The Boys. Though if I was to speculate about her transformation I would say that Russians accidentally made the first Zappy Battleship.

As for Cohen, she clearly is a determined woman who wants to help win the war, no matter her personal costs. But I'm surprised that they decided to go with strength instead of zappy aspect of transformation. One would assume that an ability to kill your enemies from a far distance would be a lot more useful, especially with already existing Heavy Tank Men capable of protecting her physically, if only for a moment.

Stephani I don't like as a person, but she has my respect for the fact that she somehow manages to not become a total wreck after everything she witnessed.

Alan Turing rocks.

Razor may be a fascinating character once he gets his powers.

From what was already announced there will be one more issues about events happening shortly after the conclusion of the 11th, then in the 15th we will learn what happened to Sieglinde (will she somehow survive for the third time?) and what news is everyone hearing about (a simple information that Sieglinde was killed or managed to escape wouldn't be enough to shock Stephani). Then we will get spy action with a new kind of Ubers. And lastly the atomic bomb in the 18th issue. My guess is that it will not just be not enough to stop the Battleship, but whoever will be caught in the blast will do something unexpected with all of the released energy. Create something?