Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been reading the new post but couldn't find anything worth to reply as you/we usually dissect every issue pretty well and tbh, there isn't a lot to dissect in the last few issues and with the end of the war approaching.

Issue 9 was amazing! General Patton is becoming my favorite character behind Maria. I look forward to go back to Russia and see what had happened to the camp trainee. The war is almost over but then the German still have a plan to maybe unleash Götterdämmerung (Twilight of the Gods) essentialy Ragnarok with the Uber as the Gods?

Siegfried was 14 year old and Tamara is 13. The Activation process naturally make the subject shoot through puberty without any ill side effect and essentially give them fully mature body as shown with Siegfried. But what about their mental function, do they retain their child like persona but reach psychological maturity? What happen if the subject is younger?

Siegmund defection was something I totally expected to happen but not at Razor expense. I hope the US develop Halo based chirurgical treatment ASAP or maybe they've already done it on the side? The narrative is so focused on how to stop the Invasion that we haven't been shown what happen to injured or disabled Uber and how they're treated. I'm sure this is something Gillen reserve for the very end of the War. I really don't want this comic to end and would love for it to continue after the war with a faster publication. I hope it will not leave some loose end and the Enhanced Human technology will fully explained or discovered.

Speaking of Halo Surgeon. The Halo effect facial remodeling don't seem to last or Scheele isn't powerful enough for it to be permanent without side effect. Also Scheele, the poor girl have a grim future ahead of herself, she may see the end of the war to only live as a cripple. We saw the Nazi's cruelty on a large scale with the Great Burn, we see it happening again this time from the inside. Nobody is safe.

Melchior, you're right about Maria but if the event don't follow your scenario trying to get rid of Maria may become Russia downfall. They're desperate to produce more Uber and control the mean of catalyst production so if Olesya (the new catalyst maker) isn't able to kill Maria and I don't think she will, Katyusha may become like you've said the modern Baba Yaga and decide to take some head in Moscou.

Tamara is certainly on the high-end battleships curve, she was born from 2 catalyst positive after all (Her mom had a Tank men potential and her father a Destroyer). Now is not the time for experiment, they must build at least a few fully activated and stable 12/12 Battleships before trying new mix with candidate of that potential.

We're in early January judging by the estimation General Groves give, we can assume the time needed to screen out, find Battleship potentials and ship them in secure location would take weeks given the state of the country and all the logistic involved to secure intel and shipments. By mid to end January, they could round up a few candidates of multiple classes of Uber and one month from then, Battleship candidates.

It take 23 days at 1 activation a day (First and second activation happen the same day) to produce a Battleship then around 60 days of maturation that's 84 days. Then add 2 weeks of training and we're in June, add the fact that it's very unlikely they'll find all potential Battleship at the same time, their development period will be off by weeks. So yeah, no Battleships unit until Summer to early Autumn BUT it can be sooner than that! It's about damn time the good guys get lucky.

For Battleship Zero, I got the idea that they want to use Sieglinde to dig up a tunnel to the east to invade Russia so they must kill it first. But I like you're idea, that would be a decisive element of surprise if they find a way to contain it that is....

CentralPower, I don't find the portrayal of Nazi sympathetic at all but more neutral in a War setting, just a side trying not to lose and not portrayed as the usual cliché big bag ultra vilain that is usually done with the WWII context. We don't focus on the deeds (that we already know) but on the military aspect of the war itself and the R&D around Enhanced Human technology. Gillen made it very clear: the Nazi lose in the end, he would not feed us thing we already know from real life history and Uber is not black and white. Sankt and Scheele were sympathetic, Claudia too; But the rest are just pure evil Nazi bastard.

Hahahaha what happened to the decoys? HMH Churchill (Leah) teared them appart in Issue 9 with the Fastball Special. Uwe Gunther (the guy) survived the encounter and became a prisoner of war and live now as a limbless torso and Elke Gutrune is probably dead as Leah tore off most of her torso up to the rib cage and threw her at Sieglinde, with her guts and most vital organs gone there is very little chance she survived.
    Last edited by Moeru; 10-13-2018 at 04:50 AM.