Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

I recently discovered Uber. I purchased both trades and several issues which come after tpb #2. I was only able to read trade #1, because #2 is not arriving until September. I have enjoyed it so far.

I have been a Marvel reader since I was a child. And I am still a big Marvel reader. But the passed few years I have found a lot of great independent trades. Independents have been great for science fiction stories and more grown up super hero stories. I think Marvel is trying so hard to attract young readers that they are forgetting me.

Incredible Member

Its a different and a good read.
    Last edited by gwhh; 08-30-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moeru View Post
    Hey i was looking for a forum that was discussing Uber, but there not a lot of people in this thread...
    Unfortunately, this is a problem with most comics series even these that were quite popular before. Fables for example had a whole forum that right now is almost completely deserted.

As for Maria being a Battlecruiser? After finding how this class is different from battleships in real world, I would say this name would fit her.

Anyway, we have another type of Ubers. A spy one. My guess is that they can completely change their appearance. Will be very tricky to find them if that's their ability.

The next issue will deal with the atomic bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a problem with most comics series even these that were quite popular before. Fables for example had a whole forum that right now is almost completely deserted.

As for Maria being a Battlecruiser? After finding how this class is different from battleships in real world, I would say this name would fit her.

Anyway, we have another type of Ubers. A spy one. My guess is that they can completely change their appearance. Will be very tricky to find them if that's their ability.

The next issue will deal with the atomic bomb.
    I'm sorry to reply so late i've read your post the day of the release but couldn't find the time to reply. Well let's try to keep this tread alive because this comics is very interesting and somehow challenging to the reader.

Finally the Uber spy was exactly what i've guessed, you were spot on too. She project herself as someone through interpretation and force other people to see her that way or someone they subconsciously desire her to be.
    But my theory was that power came from the Distortion Halo at the cost of its destruction power but this is super strength that she lack and used a V1 Halo type to destroy the Uranium Enrichment Plant making Uber spies extremely dangerous if their cover is blown.

The Jap's got The bomb now, this is going to be scary because the Nazi or the Soviet could get the bomb that's it if Japan doesn't keep it from them.

I loved to see Oppenheimer & Bainbridge in that historical moment of the Trinity test. The inner monologue of the spy bring humanity to the character and summary all the devotion a spy must have to complete his mission its a complement to what we know from Stephanie. I have never read anything that addressed this issue before and i'm glad Uber did it for both camp.

Next time we're going to see the start of the American Uber Program. **** yeah!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moeru View Post
    Next time we're going to see the start of the American Uber Program. **** yeah!
    American just wasted their chance to easily win this war because of racist issues. It could be three plus two (Russian and British) Battleships against just three.

If Japan finds more than one, they will regret this decision even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    American just wasted their chance to easily win this war because of racist issues. It could be three plus two (Russian and British) Battleships against just three.

If Japan finds more than one, they will regret this decision even quicker.
    Yes but like the survivor of the USS Indianapolis he will be rescued in time. I am really interested of his potential as a Battleship class.

The fact that they are cutting both of the African-Americans back to 18 activiations rather than the 24 possible upsets me, but thinking of some of the things my Grandmother used to say (bless her heart), I can kinda see where they are coming from in a historical setting.

Ironically, I think both of them would be good candidates for a positive role model.

I would feel less annoyed if they were not going with a balanced mix, seeing what's happened to HMS Churchill. On the otherhand, weren't the other activations somewhat unstable/fragile until the final one.... actually, that brings to mind two questions for down the road. First, is there a hard finalization you have to do? If not, then I think the two brothers will go to 18 activations, get involved in a battle with Battleships, and then the survivors get bumped up to a full load if possible. The second, is there a chance that the final few activations might reinforce Leah back into full usefullness again.

Still not liking her chance of surviving her first engagement, or rather, being able to go out on more than one. Leah's going to clean house when she does, though.

As for the Japanese and the bomb, I do wonder how big a deal it will be. They will need time to decipher the tech, figure out what broke when it landed, and build the infrastructure to make more. I have a feeling they have one shot before the war is over. Whether the US gets any more is another question.

Now, as for Turing.... that might be really interesting. Gut says he's on to one of three things. First, I was wrong with an earlier thought, and he has found a high-mobility/flight mod. Two, he's gotten a support mod on the plate - either a catalyst maker like Maria, or something on the other side of the spy. A mentat, a human computing machine. That would be especially fitting considering who he is. The final thought.... the section is not on how to make activations, but is from whatever left the stuff in the first place. The "To Serve Man" section, so to speak.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

BANNED

i thought issue 19 was the best one in a while.

maybe it's just because Canaan White is back, idk...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    I would feel less annoyed if they were not going with a balanced mix, seeing what's happened to HMS Churchill. On the otherhand, weren't the other activations somewhat unstable/fragile until the final one.... actually, that brings to mind two questions for down the road. First, is there a hard finalization you have to do? If not, then I think the two brothers will go to 18 activations, get involved in a battle with Battleships, and then the survivors get bumped up to a full load if possible. The second, is there a chance that the final few activations might reinforce Leah back into full usefullness again.
    I suspect that there is a limited period of time when you can add more Catalyst and it's shorter for people with less activations. This would explain why they didn't discover middle Ubers while testing subjects and it may be too late to upgrade two brothers after they are deployed.

And they should probably add 6Z (zappy) activations to Leah and maybe stabilize her instead of adding another 6S (strength) and risk breaking her. Maria is probably 18Z/6S and she's doing good.

As for the Japanese and the bomb, I do wonder how big a deal it will be. They will need time to decipher the tech, figure out what broke when it landed, and build the infrastructure to make more. I have a feeling they have one shot before the war is over. Whether the US gets any more is another question.
    Japan may send the bomb back to US after they are done with studying it. Which city they would choose?

Now, as for Turing.... that might be really interesting. Gut says he's on to one of three things. First, I was wrong with an earlier thought, and he has found a high-mobility/flight mod. Two, he's gotten a support mod on the plate - either a catalyst maker like Maria, or something on the other side of the spy. A mentat, a human computing machine. That would be especially fitting considering who he is. The final thought.... the section is not on how to make activations, but is from whatever left the stuff in the first place. The "To Serve Man" section, so to speak.
    An origin of the discovery would be good, but it will probably be another unique unit.

Spectacular Member

A good issue, but it's the next one that I'm waiting for. Once again Klaudia will need to fight very hard for her survival, but will she prevail? I was expecting her to lose in the first fight between battleships, but she got a little lucky. Then she managed to finish her suicidal mission in London and escape from England. But since she's not even at her full strength, she probably doesn't have any chance against Maria.

All-New Member

Love this series and if I have it right, the Battleship fights should mirror the lower level ones. So Cohen should beat all 12:12's (on the basis that heavies beat panzers) and 12:12's should be an effective counter to Maria given the right terrain / conditions. Taking it a step further, Maria should be an effective counter to Cohen.

That being said - I reckon Claudia wants out of the war and Maria wants revenge in a big way.

Maria for the win every day of the week.
    Last edited by Damo; 01-14-2015 at 04:14 PM.

I just ordered issues 1-20 plus the special issue for $25.49. I love dollar sales!

Spectacular Member

Klaudia didn't have much chance against Maria and now she's MIA. It's going to be hard to find a good strategy against sniper Battleships if you can't surprise them.

As for the cliffhanger all Stephanie needs is to run to Leah who can easily deal with the attacker. The question is how much damage he will create before that.

This issue was fantastic i've never been so excited about reading something.

The research on the surgical application of the distortion halo seams to have taken a giant leap with Scheele skill and Maria show the power of a fully activated distortion halo; Air to Steel transmutation? Are you kidding me! The prospect of a mastered halo of this yield is unfathomable! Not really surprising since it's matter manipulation.

I'd hate to see Klaudia die she's such an interesting character, but now i am more worried about Stephanie and hope she get to Leah in one piece.
    Last edited by Moeru; 01-24-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Spectacular Member

SPOILERS.

The last issue had a few big twists and revelations.

Klaudia managed to survive and in quite a good shape considering who she was facing. Right now I would say that she has the best odds to get out of this series alive unless it will be Razor who kills her.

A twists with Turing was quite surprising. What kind of Uber is he though? I doubt he's just a Tank because why bother activating him then? I could be for a protection, but then why wouldn't they did the same with equally, if not more, important Stephanie.

Goebbels plan was crazy, but it worked and now there is a new Fuhrer in charge.

And Maria was just Maria.