Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

More spoilers -

Klaudia.... I still think she's going to be the only survivor of the three original Battleships, though it will be arguable whether that will be a good thing for her. Though I will admit she took more damage from Maria than I thought.

Turing.... either a Blitz or a Geltz, I think. Unless Maria is something other than the apex of a Blitzmensch.... he might have stumbled on her tranformation. As for why.... I think it was probably a choice taken out of his hands. I thought his issues were due to the medicine he was taking to "cure" his homosexuality, but the activation might have been optioned for him as an alternative. They probably used a different activation from standard to try and pick up more data.

Or he's a standard Ship, and he's only just started, but his accuracy seems oddly high.

Goebbel's plan.... was expected, though I did not figure on a spy as the stopgap. A crafted lookalike, yes, but I thought he was already prepared, not only finished now. I guess the question is whether or not Goebbel will be more sane than Hitler, or if opera will rule.

And Maria made sense to me. She's such a deterrent that even Goebbels is directing his Great Burn to the West instead of the East.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    SPOILERS.

The last issue had a few big twists and revelations.

Klaudia managed to survive and in quite a good shape considering who she was facing. Right now I would say that she has the best odds to get out of this series alive unless it will be Razor who kills her.

A twists with Turing was quite surprising. What kind of Uber is he though? I doubt he's just a Tank because why bother activating him then? I could be for a protection, but then why wouldn't they did the same with equally, if not more, important Stephanie.

Goebbels plan was crazy, but it worked and now there is a new Fuhrer in charge.

And Maria was just Maria.
    Yup - didn't see any of that coming at all.

This is a really good series.

Spectacular Member

Just how powerful is Maria? I compared the explosion caused by her blood to the explosion caused by Leah's when they discovered destroyers and cruisers and even taking into an account protection that Stephanie put around it, it was way bigger. It suggests she's has more than 24 units. Unless it was supercharged because she has more zappy units while Leah had only strength units by that time.

Other than that Nazis have advantage right now, but it's just a matter of time before the US gets fully involved and they start losing (though Americans made it a lot harder for themselves by not fully activating their two battleships). Especially if Russians attack too. Once the technology got leaked, they had no way of winning this war. Difference from normal history once its over will be that they list of completely destroyed cities is a lot longer with Nazis doing to them what they did to Warsaw (intentional eradication of its existence).

The question is how Japan is doing right now because they could take away more US attention from Europe than they did previously.

Soviets future actions remain a mystery too. With his own army of Ubers and without worrying about an atomic bomb, Stalin may want to get a lot more once Nazis are done than he did in the normal history.

I love this series but I think I need to go back and re-read it. So much has happened and my memory ain't the best.

Does anyone know how long this series is supposed to last? The story has such a detailed structure and Gillen most definitely has most everything planned out.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Does anyone know how long this series is supposed to last? The story has such a detailed structure and Gillen most definitely has most everything planned out.
    Gillen said in early interviews that it will have around 60 issues and lately mentioned that the ending of the Great Burn (27th issue if I'm not mistaken) is a halfway point of the series.

Spectacular Member

Spoilers for the newest issue.

Nazis have four Battleships which is big since this means they have one more than the Allies (US really screwed up). If Japan reveals that they have at least one too (which I expect to happen soon), this will give them a massive advantage for few more months.

Uber - The First Cycle revealed that after the Great Burn comes Invasion and right now it appears that it will be invasion on Britain (my second guess is Japan deciding to bring the fight to US). I suspect that the next issue will end with it as a cliffhanger to make a six month break that Gillen is taking from the series feel even longer.

Any guesses who may be revealed as a new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom? Clement Attlee appears to be an obvious choice, but maybe changed events allowed/forced someone else to take this job.

All-New Member

Is the fourth battleship Maria-esque? It was throwing down some serious heat...

Next PM is a great question - Atlee was deputy but labour.

I'm thinking either a military leader or maybe Lord Beaverbrook.

Probably not Chamberlin?

That being said - if the great burn continues - who's to say there's a leader at all...

Four battleships makes the Germans pretty unstoppable.

Spectacular Member

Spoilers.

I'm unsure if it was pointed out in the comics itself, but I somehow assumed that they were hiding their faces to keep a morale of their people. No need to be aware how badly damaged is Klaudia or who is the guy with a missing arm. To present it as a game of deception between two fighting sides was a really good twist. I suspect it managed to surprise most of the readers and because of that it's presented as something that could surprise US.

All-New Member

hmmm, This series caught my eye the other day and I said eh, what the heck and took the plunge. I generally stay away from comics about the past though, although I don't know why really. I'm a huge sci-fi fantasy nerd, but when I read WWII comics and the like I usually love them...

So many comics, and only 1 me heh.

Anybody know what's going on with Uber?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I know it was on temporary hiatus while they researched, built up storyboards, and worked on getting things done. Not currently seeing anything about when it starts back up again, though the original plan was sometime this year.

Been wondering myself, actually.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    I know it was on temporary hiatus while they researched, built up storyboards, and worked on getting things done. Not currently seeing anything about when it starts back up again, though the original plan was sometime this year.

Been wondering myself, actually.
    Yeah I actually forgot about it.

If it comes back I'm going to have to re-read the series so I know what's happening.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Kieron Gillen is writing the ongoing Star Wars: Darth Vader since Febuary 2015, the series is scheduled to end in August so we can expect Über to return in October or November. I dread comics hiatus, Ferals still haven't returned when it was announced to do so in 2014. Anyway does some people are familiar with wikia? Its way past the time to create an Über wikia.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeru View Post
    Kieron Gillen is writing the ongoing Star Wars: Darth Vader since Febuary 2015, the series is scheduled to end in August so we can expect Über to return in October or November. I dread comics hiatus, Ferals still haven't returned when it was announced to do so in 2014. Anyway does some people are familiar with wikia? Its way past the time to create an Über wikia.
    If one is created I'll be the first to bookmark it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Gillen went back to Phonogram, though! He's a busy guy but seems to follow through.

TW&TD is going to wrap soon, I'm sure we'll see more from Uber!