Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Hopefully.

It's a great series that's worth the wait.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    TW&TD is going to wrap soon, I'm sure we'll see more from Uber!
    have they confirmed how many more issues of WicDiv will be released? I enjoy it but I want more Ueber!

I found this interview from May 2016 while web browsing, he said that volume two would start in August and... did he just spoiled what Japan will do in America? Meh we already supposed that anyway. The release date isn't confirmed on Avatar Press website so far but we have a time frame August-September, earlier that I expected.

Uber will return in 2017 as Uber: Invasion

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../uber-invasion

BANNED

I really don't understand the need of Kickstarter.

Dig some of those bundles, they're pretty outrageous. It's being used as a pre-order store with exclusive goods, basically. It's got some pretty cool options if you're just approaching the series now.

I backed Avatar's campaign for Cinema Purgatorio, but I hadn't realized that the book was going to be coming out either way at the time. I'll pick up Invasion #1 with my LCS.

Mighty Member

Have they gotten away from "shock value because it is Avatar Press", or are they still doing that? (The first year or so was one of the smarter series on shelves. But, after that, it turned in to just about every other Avatar Press book that I avoid. Disappointing, as I really liked the first 6 months to a year.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I'm happy that UBER has once again begun publishing and to celebrate I ordered issue #0 (which is the only issue I was missing from vol. 1) as a Christmas present to myself. Once I get it I plan on re-reading the whole series to get myself reacquainted with the story. I'm also glad that there is another Avatar comic that I want to buy since they are one of my favorite publishers!

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

I really liked Uber. It was one of those titles I really waited for. Marvel (which had always been my favorite comic company) has been getting on my nerves for years, with all their kiddy stuff and with replacing their heroes. So, whenever I found something like Uber, I ate it up. I really missed it. I had no idea it was going to be on such a loooong hiatus. I am glad it is back. My comic company, which is about an 1.5 hours away, did not order the first issue, because the owner had gotten out of the habit of purchasing it. So I have not read the first issue of Invasion yet. Cannot wait.

Still very much enjoying this, to include the first two issues of Invasion. However, the interior paper quality is now on par with Marvel...

Well, Über Invasion kick hard from the start. America will have to send their three partially activated Battleships potential in combat sooner than desired, as Siegmund and Siegfriend are ready to burn down New York. But the arrival of Stephanie and Alan with a new class of über raise the chance of the Allies to regain control of the War. Also Tamara is the new Battleship potential, if Italy is still a safe place for Allied forces we'll definitely see her return fully activated. I loved all 4 issues and I am definitively hyped for the next ones!

I just finished reading issue 5 and later realized that I missed the previous ish. (My comic shop doesn't order many copies so if I don't get down there right away I sometimes miss out!) The fact that I didn't notice makes me wonder if I really need to special order #4 - what do you think? Did anything super important happen in that issue that will make me confused later? I'm guessing it was mostly Steph and Alan getting introduced to the Americans and the Germans not attacking NYC yet, but the post above mentions something about Italy so now I'm wondering if I should hunt down #4. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gordongordon View Post
    I just finished reading issue 5 and later realized that I missed the previous ish. (My comic shop doesn't order many copies so if I don't get down there right away I sometimes miss out!) The fact that I didn't notice makes me wonder if I really need to special order #4 - what do you think? Did anything super important happen in that issue that will make me confused later? I'm guessing it was mostly Steph and Alan getting introduced to the Americans and the Germans not attacking NYC yet, but the post above mentions something about Italy so now I'm wondering if I should hunt down #4. Thanks!
    Non not really. Issue 4 was interesting and explained what Stephanie and Alan had been doing and how they got to America. Also everything in this comic is about build up and foreshadowing so by missing an issue you're not enjoying the journey, don't be that guy who skip certain things and come back later only for the good parts. You should get the digital copy and decide later if you want to buy this particular issue or not.
    Last edited by Moeru; 10-01-2017 at 07:08 PM.

So, it's like no one want to talk about Uber anymore. Don't let this thread die guys! The passing is still slow but the story keep being interesting.

Spectacular Member

If there is one complain I have about Uber: Invasion, it's these longer breaks between some issues.

Nazi's attack on US probably could let them, if not win, destroy America enough to make sure there will not be invaded again for few more years. With Japan joining in and two battleships not being fully activated, it could end even worse for the Allies.

Then it's time for Turing to save the day.

While I like super fast versions of Uber, as Gillen points out it himself, unless it has a certain limits or everyone have it, super speed breaks most of the settings. And Uber isn't a type of a comic that can simply ignore this fact.

What limits there are is an open question for now.

That apparently all Ubers are capable of learning how to create the Catalyst is a surprise, but it doesn't change the overall situation that much.