Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Spectacular Member

Avatar announced a new series a few days ago. That's not much, but at least suggests they're working instead of completely closing.

Mighty Member

A new "Uber" series, or something else?

Last time I checked, Gillen has not mentioned "Uber" for at least a few months.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

The impression I got from Gillen was that he'd completed his work on the series and it's more or less out of his hands as to when it comes out. I can't remember if it's been drawn or not, but, I think the holdup is 100% on Avatar and not the creative team.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    A new "Uber" series, or something else?

Last time I checked, Gillen has not mentioned "Uber" for at least a few months.
    Something else. It's a series about a warrior nun called, no surprise, Warrior Nun.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The impression I got from Gillen was that he'd completed his work on the series and it's more or less out of his hands as to when it comes out. I can't remember if it's been drawn or not, but, I think the holdup is 100% on Avatar and not the creative team.
    I have a different impression about whatever the series is completed. Previous comments by Gillen suggest that while he has a detailed outline of what's going to happen, he doesn't write his scripts that much ahead of the artists. At best he has the 18th issue completed and given the other work he has, he probably won't write another unless the artist start working on it. And the last time he mentioned Gete, he said he was drawing some miniseries at the moment.

I do agree that it's Avatar that stops the series from being finished for some reason and not the creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    I have a different impression about whatever the series is completed. Previous comments by Gillen suggest that while he has a detailed outline of what's going to happen, he doesn't write his scripts that much ahead of the artists. At best he has the 18th issue completed and given the other work he has, he probably won't write another unless the artist start working on it. And the last time he mentioned Gete, he said he was drawing some miniseries at the moment.

I do agree that it's Avatar that stops the series from being finished for some reason and not the creators.
    https://tinyletter.com/KieronGillen/...gineered-ennui

It does appear I was misremembering Kieron's phrasing on it.

UBER: INVASION
    Four issues left in Uber. I've no news when the next issue will be, and as soon as I know, I'll mention something in here. I have to chat to Avatar in the near future, so hopefully it'll be a news update sooner rather than later. The release will be a while off – I've yet to write the issue, Daniel is off drawing a Crossed mini, and it'll have to go through the solicitation system. There's a possibility that the final year may be released as two trades, but I'll update you on that too.
    That's the last word I found from him on it.

I love this series and wish it had been a bigger hit. Would make for a fantastic TV show.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gordonm View Post
    I love this series and wish it had been a bigger hit. Would make for a fantastic TV show.
    These days many less popular comics are getting shows, maybe Uber will be one of them once someone realises its potential.

It's WWII with superpowers and a half of the main characters are women which is very unusual for a war setting. They don't play usual roles and instead act as other standard heroes who happen to be females in this series.