Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mwriteword View Post
    Something just occurred to me:

In Scarlet Spiders, Johnny Storm sees Kaine's face and immediately recognizes him as Peter Parker, saying "[he'd] know that face anywhere". Granted, most of the Spider's the inheritors bring are versions of Peter, but not all of them are. My thought is why would Johnny Storm be so confident in identifying Peter if that world's Peter was hidden behind a mask in the Inheritor's home? Again, maybe he's just used to seeing alternate reality Peters, but he doesn't recognize Ultimate Jess Drew. To me, that means he knows the Peter of his world, or at least knew.

I have a new working theory on the Master Weaver's identity: I think it's a future version of Karn. Here's why:

Peter might be the obvious choice and I could just be reading into it a little too hard, but I took a look back at Superior Spider-Man #33. This is the issue where it gives Karn's backstory, and illustrates the original capture of the Master Weaver. The Master Weaver speaks only to Karn, and never addresses anyone else in the scene. His only lines are: "True, Chosen One. But I have nothing to fear from you. The one who is not like his siblings. The one who takes no pleasure in death. The one who would wish to build, not destroy." I knew the second I read this issue that Karn had a much larger role than it might seem.
    He refers to him as "Chosen One", and "The one who would wish to build, not destroy", and I mean, there's only One master weaver who Builds (or rather Spins) the great web of life.

I can't say exactly how this will go down in the end, how Karn will become the Master Weaver, or how the Spiders get rid of the inheritors. But I do know that the Solicits for ASM#14 reads: "The Prophecy is coming to fruition but Superior Spider-Man has something up his sleeve". Considering that SpOck was originally being hunted by Karn, not Morlun or the others, and Karn's story is told in the early SSM#33, I think there's some kind of connection going on there. The potential pitfalls of this theory lie in the fact that these characters are jumping through portals, and at specific times in these universes. It's unclear whether or not the Master Weaver is able to affect time or not, but if he is it might explain Karn becoming the Master Weaver (in a cyclical, back to the future/Final Fantasy I kind of way) and SpOck being sent back to the present in SSM#19.

tl;dr. Johnny Storm seems very familiar with Peter Parker for that world's Peter to be the Weaver. Karn is the Weaver because of reasons.

Again, I might just be reading into all this a bit too much. But that's my theory/rant... guess we'll have to wait til February to find out.
    That also makes perfect sense

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mwriteword View Post
    Something just occurred to me:

In Scarlet Spiders, Johnny Storm sees Kaine's face and immediately recognizes him as Peter Parker, saying "[he'd] know that face anywhere". Granted, most of the Spider's the inheritors bring are versions of Peter, but not all of them are. My thought is why would Johnny Storm be so confident in identifying Peter if that world's Peter was hidden behind a mask in the Inheritor's home? Again, maybe he's just used to seeing alternate reality Peters, but he doesn't recognize Ultimate Jess Drew. To me, that means he knows the Peter of his world, or at least knew.
    I have a new working theory on the Master Weaver's identity: I think it's a future version of Karn. Here's why:

Peter might be the obvious choice and I could just be reading into it a little too hard, but I took a look back at Superior Spider-Man #33. This is the issue where it gives Karn's backstory, and illustrates the original capture of the Master Weaver. The Master Weaver speaks only to Karn, and never addresses anyone else in the scene. His only lines are: "True, Chosen One. But I have nothing to fear from you. The one who is not like his siblings. The one who takes no pleasure in death. The one who would wish to build, not destroy." I knew the second I read this issue that Karn had a much larger role than it might seem.
    He refers to him as "Chosen One", and "The one who would wish to build, not destroy", and I mean, there's only One master weaver who Builds (or rather Spins) the great web of life.

I can't say exactly how this will go down in the end, how Karn will become the Master Weaver, or how the Spiders get rid of the inheritors. But I do know that the Solicits for ASM#14 reads: "The Prophecy is coming to fruition but Superior Spider-Man has something up his sleeve". Considering that SpOck was originally being hunted by Karn, not Morlun or the others, and Karn's story is told in the early SSM#33, I think there's some kind of connection going on there. The potential pitfalls of this theory lie in the fact that these characters are jumping through portals, and at specific times in these universes. It's unclear whether or not the Master Weaver is able to affect time or not, but if he is it might explain Karn becoming the Master Weaver (in a cyclical, back to the future/Final Fantasy I kind of way) and SpOck being sent back to the present in SSM#19.

tl;dr. Johnny Storm seems very familiar with Peter Parker for that world's Peter to be the Weaver. Karn is the Weaver because of reasons.

Again, I might just be reading into all this a bit too much. But that's my theory/rant... guess we'll have to wait til February to find out.

edit: Another thing I realized: Solus refers to his family as the "Inheritors of Reality", a family which Karn is exiled from. If you consider that the family captured the weaver, the true 'holder of reality', that might make them 'false' inheritors. If Karn is "the one who is not like his siblings", that would make him a 'true' inheritor, and this becoming the Master Weaver would mean he is the 'true' inheritor of reality. Something to think about...

With Karn being a Peter Parker, makes sense for him to come back into the fold and replace the current Master Weaver. Solus will probably execute the other dude after he discovers his treasonous ways. So then you have Karn rebuilding the Web and trying to create new Spiders to replace the Dead ones.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    probably either peter, uncle ben, ben reily, young ben parker, or a male version of madame webb
    i'm just wondering what the parkers will do when they can't name anyone after an uncle or aunt anymore. ben II. may jr. benjamay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i'm just wondering what the parkers will do when they can't name anyone after an uncle or aunt anymore. ben II. may jr. benjamay.
    Gwendolyn.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Gwendolyn.
    peter's list of dead people doubles as a baby name book.

BANNED

peter's list of dead people doubles as a baby name book.
    Wee Burglar.

Burglarette if it's a girl.

Wee Burglar.

Burglarette if it's a girl.
    hahahaha. "boots likes this"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Does anyone else think the Master Weaver is actually that Earth's Peter Parker? Because I have this crazy feeling that it is.
    I have the same feeling Mike.

I'm thinking Stan Lee, but you're probably right.
    That would be hilarious.

BANNED

I wonder if the master weaver is Dan slott.

Has anyone guessed that it might be Peter's Father, Richard Parker?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    I wonder if the master weaver is Dan slott.
    Agreed. Given how SpOck is playing an important part, the Master Weaver being an alternate Otto would make sense.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Agreed. Given how SpOck is playing an important part, the Master Weaver being an alternate Otto would make sense.
    What was it that Spock was about to say when he gets back in SSM #19? I'm the real doc ock or something? Maybe you're on to something?

He says "I'll find a way! You haven't heard the last of Doctor!... What? Where am I?" So idk... I don't think its a version of Otto but man that would be some twist...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

I think that just means Master Weaver sends him back and makes him forget that eventually Peter gets his body back.

Amazing Member

Baby Lance Bannon may one day grow up to be Spider-Man.