Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: IXth Generation, #1

"IXth Generation" #1 gives readers a whole new universe to latch onto as writer Matt Hawkins, artist Stjepan Sejic and letterer Troy Peteri add to the legend of these Top Cow characters.

Full review here.

Incredible Member

Wow, this was great. I had some complaints about the Aphrodite IX ongoing, but this seems like a big improvement. I really wasn't expecting another major time jump but considering the scope of this series 25 years is nothing really. Only thing is, now I'm not sure if we'll see the surviving Gens. Surely, they must sill have a role to play in all this.

I don't know how I feel about this issue. It was an enjoyable read with great art but the direction doesn't really excite me plus I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Hawkins didn't really want to combine too much of the Artifacts mythology with this series any more than just a few easter eggs here and there. Although that doesn't change the fact that I'm definitely in for the long haul.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

well clearly he changed his mind....

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    well clearly he changed his mind....
    lol touché
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Lol not trying to be rude but it makes sense. Top Cow is known for the Artifacts makes sense to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Lol not trying to be rude but it makes sense. Top Cow is known for the Artifacts makes sense to use them.
    Don't worry that's not the impression I got from it.

From the little amount of work that I've read from Mr. Hawkins, he tries very hard to keep his fiction closely tied to what can become reality even when delving into the fantastic. I've always gotten the impression that what he love about science fiction is that these ideas can become possible within even our lifetime. Plus in my original comment I admit I could be wrong about hearing that the Artifacts would stay in the far background.

This new direction just surprised me even though it shouldn't have with the darkness being involved a few months back. To be honest the most connection I expected was going to be with Cyberforce and maybe a little of the mystical.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Yeah I gotta say as a general thing I am not really a fan of mixing magic with sci-fi. The Force is the closest I allow the line to be towed. Beyond that I am going to new some psuedo science bs about activating psychic powers or something.