Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Celebrates Deadpool's 250th Issue By Killing The Merc With A Mouth

The Merc with a Mouth meets his end this April in the oversized "Deadpool" #250 from series writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn.

Full article here.

Right, like they are really going to kill him off a la Wolverine.

But it may be a "good" idea to remove him before his solo film and the Secret Wars.

All-New Member

WHAT?! Manzoukas with Paul Sheer on this issue?! they should have June write a story too while they are at it

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This just confirms the rumor of his dea th and ending of the series from BC. I 4 hi k they will kill him. However if they don't then fine lol I wouldn't be suprized if they dont. I won't be suprized if they do kill him either
    X-Men Forever

Mighty Member

So they'll keep an alternate reality one after Secret Wars? What's wrong with this one? Seems like a strange move for something doing so well.

What??? NOOOOOOOO! Sad face.
    Duggan breathed all the life back into a character Daniel Way sucked all the joy from and now we're going to roll the dice again on whether we get a decent writer for the inevitable relaunch.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Amazing Member

I have a feeling that with Deadpool, unlike a Wolverine for instance, being dead isn't big dramatic thing. He'll probably be up and walking around the next month in a new volume's issue 1. Especially considering Deadpool's whole "break the fourth wall" aspect. It'll be death with a wink.

I was fine with Wolverine's death because he needed a bit of a break and (in my opinion) his ongoing at the time wasn't that good. Deadpool on the other hand has had an amazing run thanks to Duggan and he's had many amazing mini-series over the past few years, killing the guy off could actually lose marvel money.

Then again the aftermath stuff, similar to death of wolverine, may sell well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Let's just back up a minute here. So the plan is, we have a character who is incredibly popular, who sells well, is pretty much enjoyable, has been having such a great and dramatic run lately and was one of the only enjoyable characters to read in Axis, which otherwise did poorly, among countless other benefits he brings, and we're going to kill him? I don't think I like this plan.
    This will hopefully be reversed. It has to be, this is too big of an issue. Also, what about Shiklah? Or Ellie? Or the Prestons? Or Evan?
    Wait, can we get a Genesis series focused on Evan now? Or at least put him in something? Seeing as he lives in deadpool's house now this will be kind of a big impact on him. I think he's running out of people he can trust far too quickly.
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

BANNED

I expect this will be pretty much instantaneously reversed. This is not going to be a drawn-out return, more like in the next issue he's back. I just hope the current creative team remains. They've made me a DP fan and I don't want anyone else guiding Wade's exploits.

Please be an elaborate, yet cruel April Fool's Day joke!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shibori78 View Post
    Please be an elaborate, yet cruel April Fool's Day joke!
    I was thinking the same thing, but considering how people thought that Deadpool's Wedding was just an April's Fool joke...

Hopefully for the aftermath, my silly predictions in that one thread won't come true.

i hope this is revered or just a joke in the issue becasue this has been a really good run for deadpool i could understand if this was done with way was writing in becasue that deadpool volume sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I expect this will be pretty much instantaneously reversed. This is not going to be a drawn-out return, more like in the next issue he's back. I just hope the current creative team remains. They've made me a DP fan and I don't want anyone else guiding Wade's exploits.
    It would be very difficult to return to the book unless the creative team.. or someone worthy (Soule, Remender) did as well.