Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Ant-Man's Big Week and Long-Term Inhumans Plans

Axel Alonso talks "Ant-Man" #1 and the teaser trailer for the film of the same name, "Uncanny Inhumans" and plenty more.

Full article here.

Really interested in finding out about the Dr. Strange creative team! Hurry Up Marvel!!!

BANNED

Is that the scarecrow?

Waiting to Take Over... Charles J. Baserap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Axel Alonso talks "Ant-Man" #1 and the teaser trailer for the film of the same name, "Uncanny Inhumans" and plenty more.

Full article here.
    He's right; 250 IS a lot of issues for a character from the 90s. But does it REALLY count as a big deal if you've relaunched half a dozen times and use minis to pad the numbers? Let's not pretend this is what we'll never see from Marvel again: a series that goes longer than 50 issues without a relaunch.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Sanders View Post
    Really interested in finding out about the Dr. Strange creative team! Hurry Up Marvel!!!
    Ditto! Hopefully Axel will be excited enough about them to give them a push.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I like the sound of those Young Avengers plans. Hopefully the creative team will be competent; Gillen and McKelvie are a though act to follow.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Fantastic Member

CBR: Why is now the right time to broaden that franchise with a second ongoing series, alongside "Inhuman?"

Alonso: This was always the plan.

I'm so tired of hearing this. I get that Marvel does plan ahead for many things, but it has become such a throw-away, immediate response to everything in these interviews that I no longer believe it. Frankly, I would find it more believable that Inhuman just isn't getting the attention or sales that Marvel hoped it would and they are "phasing" it's story into another new series (with the senses-shattering "Uncanny" in the title) in hopes of salvaging their push for people to start caring about the Inhuman brand as a mainstream thing.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

BANNED

Dr. Strange is getting an ongoing? Guess it's time to sweep the murders under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    I like the sound of those Young Avengers plans. Hopefully the creative team will be competent; Gillen and McKelvie are a though act to follow.
    Not that I really want to crush hopes, but to be clear he said there were plans for some of the CHARACTERS, not the team. They may be joining the Avengers proper, or guest starring for an arc or two somewhere, or... who knows what

So there's 2 cyclops with their own storylines, multiple male titles of the same character, but having 2 of one of their most popular females? Not Enough Room?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    So there's 2 cyclops with their own storylines, multiple male titles of the same character, but having 2 of one of their most popular females? Not Enough Room?

Its bullcrap

I just can't fathom why its taking this long

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Well there are two Cyclops because the older one was still alive when the OXM came here from the past, the same isn't true for adult Jean. Maybe you can hope for something like Wolverine & Phoenix: Netherworld Aventures.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    Well there are two Cyclops because the older one was still alive when the OXM came here from the past, the same isn't true for adult Jean. Maybe you can hope for something like Wolverine & Phoenix: Netherworld Aventures.
    Netherworld Adventures, haha... At this point I'll take what I can get! I disagree with the rest of your comment, though. I don't think the status of the adult characters at the time the OXM appeared is relevant to what is happening with Jean.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    Until we know what Secret Wars leads to, I am still very worried about some of those characters.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Sanders View Post
    I wonder if Charles Soule is the writer.

He had that blog post where he said he had four Marvel books in the works: the Nerve Wracker, the Oh My God, the Tricky One, and the Romantic One.

Romantic One is a mini, it seems clear that the Tricky One was Uncanny Inhumans, the Nerve Wracker certainly sounds like Daredevil.

From his description of the Tricky One, it could most definitely be Doctor Strange: we know it's a solo book of a character Soule believes to be "underexplored" and that he hopes he can make people want "much more of this person." He also says that the moleskin notebook for it is light blue and Strange does wear blue.