Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I've read online that the Elektra creative team (Blackman/Del Mundo) will be taking on Dr Strange which would be excellent!
    I'll be happy with this choice if it's true.

Amazing Member

Leave Jean dead, please.
    Last edited by macicenuke; 01-10-2015 at 09:26 PM.

I guess that Marvel has the mindset that if they bring Jean back, it has to be a Phoenix story.

And considering the...things that have come out of Phoenix stories lately, they probably don't wanna touch that. At all.

As for Deadpool dying... good riddance
    WTF?!?!?!?!?! No Deadpool, NO CARE! No really, I've lost 95% of the interest I had in Marvel thanks to this one line from him. Now I'm convinced this guy is eating lead paint chips.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I've read online that the Elektra creative team (Blackman/Del Mundo) will be taking on Dr Strange which would be excellent!
    Wow, that would be great. Have really enjoyed Elektra and of course that art is incredible, can see it working really well with Strange's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    Wow, that would be great. Have really enjoyed Elektra and of course that art is incredible, can see it working really well with Strange's world.
    Del Mundo's art would be perfect for all the out there magical imagery! They just brought Jennifer Kale back in Elektra so they could bring her across to the book if they are indeed working on it.

Did he really call the new Inhumans book a good jumping off point? That's a pretty funny slip if it's not a transcription error.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

to be fair, the characters of the other O5 characters, cyclops especially, are much farther removed from their modern versions than jean. And then there's the power level to consider. Jean being alive would be a big deal, whereas one extra dude flying around... not so much. It's the oldest argument about removing/ keep ing Jean out of the comics; her power can be too great to consistently find compelling stories for. Finally, because she is such a popular and important character, yo bring her back and you're obliged to highlight her. If nothing else, the renegade cyclops story doesn't need one more subplot to deal with.

Spectacular Member

I would love to have Jean back, but I would make her a cosmic character who does good to show the universe that the Phoenix-Force is about life and rebirth, not just death and destruction. As for the younger X-Men, I really want them to go back to their own time now.

The Squirrel-Girl book was ok. I only had two problems with it. The first is I'm not a fan of the "Etta Candy face" (the original one) look that Doreen has now. It's such a change from how she was drawn for years. You know other artists are going to draw her as fat now whenever she appears in other books. The other (and not too serious about) was her fight with Kraven. For someone who took out Wolverine in seconds, she should have done better.
    Not Peter David.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guac View Post
    to be fair, the characters of the other O5 characters, cyclops especially, are much farther removed from their modern versions than jean. And then there's the power level to consider. Jean being alive would be a big deal, whereas one extra dude flying around... not so much. It's the oldest argument about removing/ keep ing Jean out of the comics; her power can be too great to consistently find compelling stories for. Finally, because she is such a popular and important character, yo bring her back and you're obliged to highlight her. If nothing else, the renegade cyclops story doesn't need one more subplot to deal with.

I agree with you. That's why I say Jean needs her own book set off-world, for the most part.
    Not Peter David.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guac View Post
    No one said Jean needed to stay on Earth and/or be connected to the X-franchise as much. There are a ton of super powerful characters that have no problem having one or more ongoing series: Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman, etc., etc.