Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    Justice League: Futures End 1 and Fury of Firestorm 15
    Okay, then why are you otherwise posting stuff from Atom's post crisis era alongside them?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Probably Pre Flashpoint Martian Manhunter. His TP ought to be strong enough (though Vegeta has a very strong "resist mental screwery" feat and Goku has some very low-end telepathy), and he can phase to avoid attacks while that's coming in.
    While he has absolutely 0 offensive telepathic feats (other than Babidi's mind control, the only really offensive telepathic feats I can think of in the entire series is Gohan's and Kuririn's telepathic sparring match, and Goku's trained with all of both of their teachers, and then some, by the start of the Cell Saga), I think interstellar/dimensional telepathy, the ability to just read weeks/months of memories with a touch the first (and admittedly only) time he tries that trick without the telepathic dude he was doing it to even realizing anything was happening, and the mentally asking for power from every living/non-living and non-living thing on a planet/solar system put Goku's pure telepathic oomph to the "fairly impressive" levels.

Of course, he's still pretty low level compared to the likes of Kaiou-sama, who tapped Goku, Vegeta, and Mr. Satan into the minds of everyone on Earth and in the afterlife and cheerfully offered to hook him up with the entire universe if he'd like, but still...

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Sorry, reading the mind if someone who has no real tp resistance AND who isn't resisting isn't really all that impressive.

And taking power via Spirit Bomb charging isn't a telepathy feat either.

In any case, that's just not going to cut it against someone on the Xavier level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Okay, then why are you otherwise posting stuff from Atom's post crisis era alongside them?
    I usually argue composite feats, so I post whatever feats I can find

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    I usually argue composite feats, so I post whatever feats I can find
    We don't count feats from completely separate continuities/incarnations of a character for that character up in here. It's why for instance Post Crisis Superman is not given the stuff he did Pre Crisis or in NuDC and vice versa. There was a total setting reboot inbetween NuAtom and Post Crisis Atom.

Mighty Member

Somebody like Shadow King should be able to do it, since he is default incorporeal (and thus cannot be harmed by Vegito) and has an ability that can ultimately win.

Or Malice, for that matter.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I guess its possible that Vegetto could use the Genki Dama to drain the life force from some intangible opponents(*), but he doesn't have the feat for it, and its possible that the Vegeta half would keep him from being pure enough to use the Genki Dama in the first place.

(*) Yeah, I know that the one time he drained anyone significantly with it was with their permission, but that was likely because Goku's too polite to drain people almost unconscious/dead without asking, seeing as how he has repeatedly used that trick to drain power from people/things in smaller doses without them even realizing its happening and the first person we saw consenting was a normal schmoe who got drained almost into collapsing the moment he agreed with no idea of what he was agreeing to.

Could the spirit bomb maybe bypass intangibility? It targets the evil in ones spirit right? Not that it would help much since it takes time to set up.