BANNED

Default Stjepan Sejic's Darkness Falls Cancelled!!!

Stjepan Sejic / Nebezial (who does have a account on cbr) anounced on his deviant art that the previously solicited Darkness Falls Mini Series which would have Sara Pezzini - The Witchblade Kill her former lover and father of her child jackie Estacado - The Darkness, has been Canceled, and the story will be told in the witchblade ongoing without sejic himself

""this was a project that failed.
    it was a pity. personally david hine's run on the darkness was among the best but the book lost it's readership over time and in the end even though i was announced i would make the end of darkness arc with Hine... harsh truth was sales numbers just weren't there
    now this storyline will be handled within the pages of witchblade, and if nothing else, i am left with an interesting style test""

he posted some of the gloriously dark and sad toned and brilliantly drawn collective art he did so far for the series.

Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 01-10-2015 at 04:06 AM.

BANNED

Mr Sejic if you come by this thread, i just wanna say ""interesting style test"" is a blistering understatement.
    this brutal sad image will stick with me, its among my favorite images you'v done.

this whole series could have been black and white and lost nothing, these pages the layers of black to grey, and the darker shade, incredible work, bravo sir bravo.

sorry this and ravine did not work out as you hoped, best of luck with volume 2.
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 01-10-2015 at 04:17 AM.

WITCHBLADE #180
    STORY: DAVID HINE
    ART: LAURA BRAGA
    COVER A: DALE KEOWN
    COVER B: STJEPAN SEJIC
    NOVEMBER 26 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99
    DARKNESS FALLS IN WITCHBLADE’S 19TH ANNIVERSARY!
    In another life Jackie Estacado was Sara Pezzini's lover and the father of her child. Now he has used the power of the Darkness to endanger the whole of human existence and only the Witchblade can stop him. Here at last is the untold story...the Death Of Jackie Estacado!

WITCHBLADE #181
    ART / COVER A: LAURA BRAGA
    DECEMBER 24 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99
    The one where Jackie dies! This is the way it had to end. Sara Pezzini goes head to head with Jackie Estacado and the Darkness. Sometimes there are no winners...
    TOP COW UNIVERSE

Witchblade 180 2/4
    Last edited by juan678; 01-10-2015 at 04:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    WITCHBLADE #180
    ART: LAURA BRAGA
    COVER A: DALE KEOWN
    NOVEMBER 26 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99
    DARKNESS FALLS IN WITCHBLADE’S 19TH ANNIVERSARY!
    In another life Jackie Estacado was Sara Pezzini's lover and the father of her child. Now he has used the power of the Darkness to endanger the whole of human existence and only the Witchblade can stop him. Here at last is the untold story...the Death Of Jackie Estacado!

WITCHBLADE #181
    ART / COVER A: LAURA BRAGA
    DECEMBER 24 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99
    The one where Jackie dies! This is the way it had to end. Sara Pezzini goes head to head with Jackie Estacado and the Darkness. Sometimes there are no winners...
    TOP COW UNIVERSE

Witchblade 180 2/4
    thanks man i was unaware the exact witchblade issues had been solicited yet.

BANNED

also this is kinda off topic but whatever happened to that teen witchblade thing announced last year for February 2015?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    also this is kinda off topic but whatever happened to that teen witchblade thing announced last year for February 2015?
    T-Witch, im not sure, i think he is still planning on doing it, have not read or heard anything to suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Nebezial Coment
    think it's starting in may i will continue spamming pages on deviantart in january

Yeah this has been known for a while. It sucks, but at least Hine gets to wrap up his Darkness plots. Maybe. Still not sure whats going on with Hope.

Also, wrong forum dude. You want the Image section.

Well that's a whole load of suck right there. I would've loved to read that.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

That's unfortunate, the dream team that wasn't, arts amazing, them pre-orders gotta be up though...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Incredible Member

The GN was supposed to be 128 pages too, now we're getting only 64 pages. Will probably feel rushed as hell.

BANNED

Don't get me started. I was mad looking forward to this. I hate everyone for not buying Darkness. Hine's run was awesome. And this would have been fantastic.

Amazing Member

The art posted by sejic is really fantastic. it's exactly the type of art i've been looking for as a fan. Too bad we won't get to see more. The thing I miss most about the 90's was that great art could turn a books sales around in a few months.

Wait... the story is being wrapped up in Witchblade? I thought even that was scrapped. I'm so confused.