Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Muscle Means Nothing

From the Tv Tropes website:

Regardless of how frail, small or seemingly underpowered the Action Girl might look, when the chips are down she is the embodiment of badassery in a small packet, whether for good or evil. Normally used with a lot of acrobatics and turns while fighting, probably implying some kind of mystic martial arts that focuses on agility and precise hits.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaifFu

Now I can understand that for some people certain things break their suspension of disbelief. But it seems that this issue of "no one that small could take on someone that big" is only ever a problem when it comes to female characters. I certainly don't recall any complaints about Spider-Man, Aang from A:TLA, pre-DBZ Goku or Dre Parker (Jaden Smith's character in the 2010 Karate Kid film) being too skinny to be effective fighters.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-10-2015 at 03:26 PM.

I thought this was going to be about those weird girlfriend pillows that those creepy Reddit guys have. I'm simultaneously relieved and disappointed.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 01-10-2015 at 03:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I thought this was going to be about those weird girlfriend pillows that those creepy Reddit guys have. I'm simultaneously relieved and disappointed.
    But it's totally not pathetic as long as it's a threesome with an actual human!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Now I can understand that for some people certain things break their suspension of disbelief. But it seems that this issue of "no one that small could take on someone that big" is only ever a problem when it comes to female characters. I certainly don't recall any complaints about Spider-Man, Aang from A:TLA, pre-DBZ Goku or Dre Parker (Jaden Smith's character in the 2010 Karate Kid film) being too skinny to be effective fighters.
    I'm playing the last Ys game right now, and half of the dialog in the last town was about how slim and unmanly the main character looks. With his companions stepping in to remind people that he's really tougher than he looks. And it's @#$%ing annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    But it's totally not pathetic as long as it's a threesome with an actual human!
    Why not a threesome with 2 pillows instead?

Is there anyway I can change the title of the thread?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Why not a threesome with 2 pillows instead?
    And if 3 pillows have a threesome, and there's nobody around to hear them, how do we know if they talk dirty or not?

BANNED

Is there anyway I can change the title of the thread?
    If you contact a mod and tell them you want a title that better clarifies that this is a thread about how men are unfairly treated in fandom, I am sure they'll oblige.

If you contact a mod and tell them you want a title that better clarifies that this is a thread about how men are unfairly treated in fandom, I am sure they'll oblige.
    I requested a name change on the Q&A board, does that help?

BANNED

From the Tv Tropes website:

Regardless of how frail, small or seemingly underpowered the Action Girl might look, when the chips are down she is the embodiment of badassery in a small packet, whether for good or evil. Normally used with a lot of acrobatics and turns while fighting, probably implying some kind of mystic martial arts that focuses on agility and precise hits.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaifFu

Jaden is fighting people his age roughly.
    Spidey has superpowers that enhance his physical abilities and a danger sense
    Aang has superpowers and is like 10, how buff do u expect him to be?
    Goku again superpowers and like 10 and Goku was still buff for his age.

And if 3 pillows have a threesome, and there's nobody around to hear them, how do we know if they talk dirty or not?
    That's just some good ol' fashioned pillow talk.

I'll get me coat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    That's just some good ol' fashioned pillow talk.

I'll get me coat.
    I'm down with that.

I'll just be over here literally dying.

BANNED

I was sure we had us a waifu thread here.