View Poll Results: Who should play as Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaliyah Alexandra Shipp

13 76.47%
  • Zendaya Coleman

4 23.53%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who should play as Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse?

According to this article: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...-storm-actors/

"Meanwhile, Storm’s replacements supposedly include recent Lifetime TV movie Aaliyah Alexandra Shipp and Disney Channel alum Zendaya Coleman."

So who would you prefer to play as Storm between the two? Aaliyah or Zendaya?

Aaliyah Alexandra Shipp

Zendaya Coleman
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 01-11-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Photoshop their hair white and eyes blue and then we'll talk

The first one.

Zendaya! You hear nothing bad about her. Zendaya was on a Disney show and now starring in another Disney show. So it's complicated.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Only two options... :x

Not to totally hijack your thread, but...

Kat Graham.

And here's a couple of gifs that are vaguely Storm-ish, with lightning and wind and such:

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

I pick none of them. I want a full BLACK Woman with brown skin to play Storm. Not a bi-racial hoe. I'm tired of Hollywood doing this stuff. Storm is not Biracial or Light-skinned so they need to stop with the fuckery!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    I pick none of them. I want a full BLACK Woman with brown skin to play Storm. Not a bi-racial hoe. I'm tired of Hollywood doing this stuff. Storm is not Biracial or Light-skinned so they need to stop with the fuckery!
    If I ignore the ignorant parts of this comment, then I'd agree.

Neither of them scream Storm, although neither does Halle Berry.

BANNED

There's nothing wrong with being biracial nor getting a biracial actress to play as Storm. Same with africans who have lighter skin.

Incredible Member

I'd give it to Tracy Ifeachor.

She's got the look, the aura, and the proper accent, just needs some oomph to her voice.

BANNED

Anyway, please do not think that I like the lighter-skinned black actresses as Storm. It just so happens that I think they can play better as Storm. (Halle, Tyra, Zoe, etc.) I do also like darker-skinned black actresses like Naomi Campbell and Nyong'O.

NOw that we've been given only two names who could play as a young Storm in X-men: Apocalypse, let's just think who between the two of them would you like to play as Storm, not suggest other actresses or look for other actresses who could play as Storm.

As for me, Aaliyah may have a nearer resemblance to Storm but I feel that she will not stand out as Storm. She's kinda lack interesting features especially her face. I'm not saying she's not beautiful. I just don't find her an appealing/likable actress.

Zendaya doesn't resemble Storm much (especially the shape of her eyes) but she looks interesting. I think she would rock the mohawk.

I believe they can make Zendaya look darker. If she needs too, she can tan her skin too.

[/center]
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 01-11-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Amazing Member

Zendaya Coleman. She absolutely has the aura of storm about her.She could pull if off

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Black women whose parents are both black come in all varieties in terms of features including skin tones(light and dark); I have women in my family on both ends of the spectrum. I don't mind a fairer skinned version of storm but the Storm I envisioned looks more like iman or Naomi Campbell (they both happen to be darker skinned women) and these girls dont have that look or presence. Ive also seen both of them act and they seem too mousy for what storm should be. However if they are trying to go for the status quo Halle berry version storm then either would be fine.

I think why we are even in this situation is because Halle was casted as Storm instead of Angela Bassett who was the original chose
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2015 at 01:31 AM.

BANNED

Personally, Coleman is too light skinned in my book.

Neither.

Besides the colorism problem, you can't seriously add a Disney star or a damn Lifetime movie actress to a cast made of Oscar nominees and critical darlings. That's just setting yourself for failure.

Aim higher. Please and thanks.

I want the better actress who has the skillset for the role.

Since I am familiar with neither of these women, I can only judge based on the pictures presented in this thread. Under that context, I feel that Aaliyah has the better look.

In the end, despite the fact that she was completely miscast and miswritten from the get go, Halle is MY Storm. Same as James is MY Cyclops, and Famke is MY Jean. Seeing these characters played by new actors is just... not going to be right in my mind.

It will be like the new Star Trek movie series which, as far as I'm concerned, is not really Star Trek and isn't counted as part of the franchise in my eyes.