View Poll Results: Who should play as Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaliyah Alexandra Shipp

13 76.47%
  • Zendaya Coleman

4 23.53%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Only two options... :x

Not to totally hijack your thread, but...

Kat Graham.

And here's a couple of gifs that are vaguely Storm-ish, with lightning and wind and such:

Love this. I think she definitely has some potential.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post

I mean just Google it. It's been happening. You're really just not paying attention.
    If it doesn't effect me, it's not a problem. #whiteprivilege #ignoranceisbliss
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

In the end I'd love an actress from Storm's home continent to get the role - there are so few roles written for African women and so many talented, stunning actresses from Africa, but I'm a realist too - it's easier for a studio to sell someone people already know.

I'll be happy as long as whoever they pick, can just get the accent right. Nope, sorry Miss Berry, Ororo is not South African...or whatever that was suppose to be in X-Men....

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    In the end I'd love an actress from Storm's home continent to get the role - there are so few roles written for African women and so many talented, stunning actresses from Africa, but I'm a realist too - it's easier for a studio to sell someone people already know.

I'll be happy as long as whoever they pick, can just get the accent right. Nope, sorry Miss Berry, Ororo is not South African...or whatever that was suppose to be in X-Men....
    Who was Hugh Jackman before X1? I think getting unknown actors can really make the character come to life. With Hugh, we said, wow, there's [a very tall] Wolverine! With Patrick, it was like, oh, there's Captain Picard! With Halle, it was like, oh, there's Halle in a bad wig!

I would love for them to go and find a real African girl, maybe from the Rendille, tall and dark, maybe even with naturally blue eyes(they do exist, look it up)!

But, this is soulless Hollywood we are dealing with. Disney mind-controlled ciphers it is drones then...

BANNED

Well Patrick was established and appearance wise he is a perfect match for Xavier so that was like the easiest casting choice ever.

Storm yeah the problem is colorism, only light skinned black actress get a shot at the role.....that is a problem. I honestly dont know why Hollywood gets called Liberal, its pretty sexist and racist just because they are not hung up on selling lots of sex and violence does not make them Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well Patrick was established and appearance wise he is a perfect match for Xavier so that was like the easiest casting choice ever.

Storm yeah the problem is colorism, only light skinned black actress get a shot at the role.....that is a problem. I honestly dont know why Hollywood gets called Liberal, its pretty sexist and racist just because they are not hung up on selling lots of sex and violence does not make them Liberal.
    Hollywood is just a CIA mind-control platform. They get called liberal because it suits their designs for the media(another branch of the project) to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Who was Hugh Jackman before X1? I think getting unknown actors can really make the character come to life. With Hugh, we said, wow, there's [a very tall] Wolverine! With Patrick, it was like, oh, there's Captain Picard! With Halle, it was like, oh, there's Halle in a bad wig!

I would love for them to go and find a real African girl, maybe from the Rendille, tall and dark, maybe even with naturally blue eyes(they do exist, look it up)!

But, this is soulless Hollywood we are dealing with. Disney mind-controlled ciphers it is drones then...
    I sincerely hope I wasn't the only person who always thought Patrick was perfect for Xavier...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I sincerely hope I wasn't the only person who always thought Patrick was perfect for Xavier...
    Trust me, you're not. Stewart may even have been my first pick.

I actually like 10005 Xavier better than 616. He's flawed without being the hypocritical and manipulative jerkass 616 Xavier has been portrayed as.

Not sure if this has already been suggested or notr, but how about Nicole Beharie from Sleepy Hollow?
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Not sure if this has already been suggested or notr, but how about Nicole Beharie from Sleepy Hollow?
    Unfortunately she is too old, as now we know the ages of the actresses they are looking for. They have to be or at least look around 16-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Unfortunately she is too old, as now we know the ages of the actresses they are looking for. They have to be or at least look around 16-18.
    Why is that?
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Lupita Nyong'o is my choice. Give her a more serious look and she would be perfect!

lupita.jpg

That Zendaya looks better suited for Oya.

[EDIT]

Didn't realise they were looking for people who look 16-18. Lupita is 31 but I think she could still pull off the 16-18 look....maybe!?!?
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 01-12-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Lupita Nyong'o is my choice. Give her a more serious look and she would be perfect!

lupita.jpg

[EDIT]

Didn't realise they were looking for people who look 16-18. Lupita is 31 but I think she could still pull off the 16-18 look....maybe!?!?
    She's part-Kenyan, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupita_Nyong%27o

She could pass for twenty-something, certainly. 16-18 if we're being generous and telling ourselves it's just a movie. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Yes!! She has also won multiple awards for her role in 12 Years a Slave.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 01-13-2015 at 11:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post

lupita.jpg

[EDIT]

Problem is you're already casting an older actress, which means she's going to age out of the part much more quickly depending on how long they want to stay in the 80s (so far we don't know if it will be for only the one movie or not).