Page 206 of 237 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I have kept silent during this discussion because all of you are totally spot on. Thank you all for representing the Hulk so well.
    Squatch, is your avatar the last page of the current issue? I admit, I loved that drawing of Hulk more than any I have seen for a long time.
    It looks like it. He beat me to it.

Lee Garbett did fantastic work on this issue.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    GreenScar1990 my buddy where is this from?
    Spider-Woman #11, my Gamma Chum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    As Gamma Irradiated Being, Green Scar, Ptrvc and myself have been saying, Hulk is incredibly powerful, that's not a problem; it's part of the nature of the character. The other unique characteristics he has are not exactly anything new; they are only being explored in depth; his ability to see ghosts, his unnatural sense of direction, his transformation, the potential for unlimited strength have always been there.

You could see not only at the comics, but even in the handbooks, theories about his nature: where does the extra mass and dynamic energy comes from? Physically this shouldn't be possible, so it was theorized, more than once that it could come from extra-dimensional sources. Even theories about his strange metamorphosis and shapeshifting were elaborated. In the old marvel.com site, during the 90s, there was a section where the Beast (McCoy) talked about the characters and he says similar stuff we've been saying; he even theorizes that, in his view, Banner is in fact a metamorph of the highest order.

There are many other elements that can be played by the hands of capable writers, like PAD, Ewing and Pak. They only add to them and offer their unique take about them.
    Bravo, good sir! Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Jumping into this thread to say Team Sad forever. That issue of Spider-Woman is a must read.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I have kept silent during this discussion because all of you are totally spot on. Thank you all for representing the Hulk so well.
    Squatch, is your avatar the last page of the current issue? I admit, I loved that drawing of Hulk more than any I have seen for a long time.
    Yeah, my friend; it is! This is a fantastic Hulk, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Thank you.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

I have to admit, I am just as impressed with Al Ewing's Bruce Banner as I am of his Hulk. His Banner is moody, edgy but confident. I like it when as much detail is put into Banner as it is in Hulk.

BANNED

I have to admit, I am just as impressed with Al Ewing's Bruce Banner as I am of his Hulk. His Banner is moody, edgy but confident. I like it when as much detail is put into Banner as it is in Hulk.
    A great Hulk comic gotta have equaly interesting Bruce and Hulk; it is one of the unique things about the character and his dynamics.

Even though I liked the Merged Hulk from the 90s, I think it lost some of these elements, and that's why He's not one of my favorite incarnations.

I agree. A distinct, but interesting Bruce and Hulk make a better book than any "merged" Hulk I have read. These issues are so good I find myself wishing it was next month already.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Hulk fans are the coolest!
    Honestly Yes, yes you are. Is weird how the fans of the character most known for his rage are at same time the ones with the most cool head and surprising polite, even when disagreeing.
    what is your secret guys?!?

The secret is just give them the facts. :-)

As far as Merged Hulk goes, I liked him in his first few issues, assertive, intimidating and scary. Somehow he lost some of those traits that made him unique. He became just another tough guy superhero. Any merger of Banner with Hulk personality should make for an edgy character in my book.

I haven't been a fan of the wandering Banner for some time now, but somehow Al Ewing is making it work. Must be because Bruce is being proactive?

Man!!!! Every new issue gets better!! Can’t wait for the next issue!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Honestly Yes, yes you are. Is weird how the fans of the character most known for his rage are at same time the ones with the most cool head and surprising polite, even when disagreeing.
    what is your secret guys?!?
    I guess it's because of how fascinating the character is; there's so many angles you could explore with him, so there are many interesting things to talk about even if we don't always agree.

Also, He's the strongest one there is. That gives us confidence when dealing with a few haters.

BANNED

The secret is just give them the facts. :-)

As far as Merged Hulk goes, I liked him in his first few issues, assertive, intimidating and scary. Somehow he lost some of those traits that made him unique. He became just another tough guy superhero. Any merger of Banner with Hulk personality should make for an edgy character in my book.

I haven't been a fan of the wandering Banner for some time now, but somehow Al Ewing is making it work. Must be because Bruce is being proactive?
    I agree about the Merged Hulk.

About Bruce, it's always about depth. Give him a distinctive personality and explore it, respecting the past of course. Ewing is doing that and I'm sure he will develop Banner much in the future.

One thing, for example is: how always coming back from his death affects Banner? Is he the same guy after each resurrection?

Your mind is wrong then. You can't make up meanings of words. Infinite means having no limit as in Hulk has no limit to his power.
    To be fair you have to account for hyperbole as well. Which is why feats are the strength standard and not words. I don't see anything unreasonable about saying Hulk cant match elder gods in raw strength but his limits are so unknown that its "effectively limitless". Obviously Stan Lee gives the term more direct/literal weight, but to keep a story going its perfectly fine to reign the big guy in a tad (just little though)
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 09-22-2018 at 04:47 PM.