Page 148 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Avengers #684 preview - The Immortal Hulk

And Mr. Ewing is already adding to the mythos, using continuity! I'm so pumped for this!

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-avenge...eye-hulk-kill/
    I think that Ewing is Marvel's best writer at the moment and needed more opportunities like this to display his skill with writing to a bigger market. Not to say I didn't enjoy his Ultimates run but unfortunately, nowadays, when a movie or TV series isn't attached to a book, it's hard to gain interest in comic book readers. Back to Ewing, If you've read one of his comics before, you know he always is able to create a new wrinkle with each character he writes while at the same time paying respect to continuity without being too heavy handed. The fact that he's a fan of the Hulk is a plus. Hulk comics have been in a state of disarray for a while. This might be a new turning point for the comic and the character.
    Last edited by Anonymousmc; 03-08-2018 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    I think that Ewing is Marvel's best writer at the moment and needed more opportunities like this to display his skill with writing to a bigger market. Not to say I didn't enjoy his Ultimates run but unfortunately, nowadays, when a movie or TV series isn't attached to a book, it's hard to gain interest in comic book readers. Back to Ewingm If you've read one of his comics before, you know he always is able to create a new wrinkle with each character he writes while at the same time paying respect to continuity without being too heavy handed. The fact that he's a fan of the Hulk is a plus. Hulk comics have been in a state of disarray for a while. This might be a new turning point for the comic and the character.
    Agreed, Anonymousmc. I believe this run can be the next step forward for the character!

Btw, Ewing would write an hell of a Blue Marvel solo, don't you think?

Agreed, Anonymousmc. I believe this run can be the next step forward for the character!

Btw, Ewing would write an hell of a Blue Marvel solo, don't you think?
    Checking out my avatar, huh? Lol. I would love him to take a shot. I enjoyed his take on him and his additions (via added family members and additions to his mythos in the Ultimates) or maybe even novelist Marlon James (paired with a co-writer or an experience comic artist initially).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Checking out my avatar, huh? Lol. I would love him to take a shot. I enjoyed his take on him and his additions (via added family members and additions to his mythos in the Ultimates) or maybe even novelist Marlon James (paired with a co-writer or an experience comic artist initially).
    I follow the Blue Marvel thread.

Astonishing Member

The new Hulk comic book by Ewing is a two in one for me.
    First as a Hulk fan i think this creative team is great and secondly the new Hulk comic book being writen as a horror comic book is great as well,because sadly Marvel is not publishing horror comic books curently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The new Hulk comic book by Ewing is a two in one for me.
    First as a Hulk fan i think this creative team is great and secondly the new Hulk comic book being writen as a horror comic book is great as well,because sadly Marvel is not publishing horror comic books curently.
    Indeed, it's two by the price of one! I am seeing a lot of excitement in most of the big Hulk fans I know, btw.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It's crazy that they took Wein of the book. I wonder if it was creative differences or something more. I wonder what they had planned for her ascension into another form.

For this Al Ewing run, I am curious as to see what characters connected to Hulk/Bruce they will bring along beside Sasquatch. I think it would be interesting if they brought back Caiera but instead of interacting with Hulk, she actually interacts with Bruce (which I think only happened once, briefly). Who else would you all like to see in the Ewing run?

BANNED

Can't believe Avengers #684 is out tomorrow! So excited!

Btw, talking about horror/monsters, Ewing told (in his twitter) that We'll be seeing a new creepy monster already in Immortal Hulk #2!

BANNED

Just read Avengers#684! Wow! Not only a great story, but an awesome set up for the Immortal Hulk. You can see Ewing's love for the character (He even give us the issues where every Banner/Hulk's death/resurrection happens!). Also, Bennett's Hulk is amazing and scary: it will be perfect for the horror themed book!

About the beginning of The Hulk's rampage; well, it's simply brutal! He massacred the rest of the Lethal Legion and He's making short work of the present avengers (even the Pod/Enigma is brutally beaten)! Can't wait for the next issue(s), where more avengers will follow the battle!

*Favorite lines*

To let him know what He is.

The opener of the door.

The scream that cannot stop.

The rage that will not die...

The Immortal Hulk

Just read Avengers#684! Wow! Not only a great story, but an awesome set up for the Immortal Hulk. You can see Ewing's love for the character (He even give us the issues where every Banner/Hulk's death/resurrection happens!). Also, Bennett's Hulk is amazing and scary: it will be perfect for the horror themed book!

About the beginning of The Hulk's rampage; well, it's simply brutal! He massacred the rest of the Lethal Legion and He's making short work of the present avengers (even the Pod/Enigma is brutally beaten)! Can't wait for the next issue(s), where more avengers will follow the battle!

*Favorite lines*

To let him know what He is.

The opener of the door.

The scream that cannot stop.

The rage that will not die...

The Immortal Hulk
    Last time I was this excited for a Hulk comic was at the beginning of Greg Pak's run on the Hulk.

BANNED

Even more fascinating stuff!

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-no-surr...ager-identity/

Avengers: No Surrender Writers Talk Hulk’s Return & Voyager’s True Identity

CBR: One of the big moments in Avengers #684 is of course the return of the formerly Incredible and now Immortal Hulk, Bruce Banner. The issue opens up with a special 10-page prologue by Al and his Immortal Hulk collaborator artist Joe Bennett that explains the Hulk’s ability to resurrect. What inspired this “Immortal” take on the Hulk?

Al Ewing: This is something that’s been brewing for a while – the last time I was in the Marvel “writer’s room,” way back at the start of last year, we were talking about the Hulk. And I pitched the idea that he was resurrecting so often because that’s just what he does. Like, we don’t need a MacGuffin or magic or Hydra science every time – he just comes back. That’s what he does. That’s what he is. I don’t think it went anywhere at the time, but when I sat down on my own and really thought it through, that led very naturally into the idea that when the gamma bomb went off, Bruce died… and then he came back. The birth of the Hulk was also the first demonstration of his immortal nature.

I had to go through a pitching process to get the Hulk book, but once I did and I had the basic ideas locked in place, I was doing my usual thing — I did it with Iron Man for Fatal Frontier — trawling through the very earliest appearances to get a handle on the primal vibe of the character, and also absorbing any weird synchronicities that came my way. I heard the old Frankie Vaughn song “Green Door” on the radio, and that kind of wormed its way into things. “Green door, what’s that secret you’re keeping?” There’s a whole thing with the Green Door that’s going to bubble up through the early issues of the book, and end up introducing a new, terrifying enemy for the Hulk, and for the Marvel Multiverse. You’ll have to wait for the July solicits for the first mention of that one…

CBR: What can you tell us about the evolution of the Hulk’s role in this story? Was he always part of the plan? Who first came up with the idea to make him a major player in the story?

Ewing: Hulk was locked in by the end of the first sit-down meeting, the day after that “writer’s room” I mentioned. He was definitely on his way back, and we kind of claimed that beat for our own, because we knew it would grab hold of people at the halfway point. And that was very early on – so almost right from the start, we were building a couple of big action scenarios around the return of the Banner Hulk, and you’ll be seeing those play out in month three. Essentially, we had the idea of a whole squad of Avengers against the Hulk, and at first that was going to be all the heavy hitters – which would have been exciting, but would also have had the scent of pro-wrestling to it. Like, if we know the Hulk’s going to beat the hell out of everyone – and we do know that, he’s the Strongest One There Is – it’s much more interesting to pit him against the weak and the wounded, back at HQ. It turns it from an exhibition match into a desperate last stand. (And it is going to be the last stand for a couple of Avengers. There are casualties. You’ve been warned.)

CBR: I noticed the Hulk doesn’t say a single word in this issue. It gives him an incredibly sinister aspect. What can you tell us about his current state of mind and consciousness? Is this a classic savage Hulk? A more calculating one like his grey hued incarnation? Or something new that we haven’t seen before?

Ewing: It feels like something new, in that I’m not consciously doing anyone else’s Hulk. When I wrote the Maestro for Contest Of Champions, it was very much Peter David’s Maestro – lots of quips, lots of wordplay. But if I’m channeling anything for this Hulk, it’s those very first issues, when he was new and strange and unknown and very much a horror character. I’m kind of opening myself up to all that weird, old, dreamlike stuff and letting it drive the bus a little bit. And one thing that stands out is that everyone was really scared of the Hulk in the very early days, in a way they haven’t been since – they were afraid of what he might do, because they had no idea what he could or would do.

That’s our Hulk. He’s a terrifying mystery – and I’m going to hold off on revealing any of that mystery here. The next three or four issues of Avengers will answer all your questions.

Welcome back Lonely Man.

I don't really know who any of these people Hulk is smashing are outside of Quicksilver, and sort of Cannonball. Still its been years I'm ready to see some smashing.

The best part is probably how he dispatches them so quickly, and with such obvious contempt. Particularly Enigma and Lightning. I will never get tired of seeing people talk trash to the Hulk only to get trashed by the Hulk.

Ewing said in one of the interviews there will be casualties, and I'm really hoping its not the Hulk killing anyone who doesn't deserve it. Murdering the innocent really isn't the Hulk's thing, despite multiple writers seeming to get confused on that point.

That said, this a good whetting of the appetite I want to get to the main event though and see Hulk take it to the main Avengers team.

Also, while I did like the look into Hulk's history, I do feel like it's worth mentioning that all those times in the past Hulk never actually *died* even in he comic sense. He was declared dead for a scene, maybe as the cliff hanger at the end of the issue or something to that nature. Until the abomination that was Civil War II Hulk had never actually died (In he comic book sense of big publicity stunt.) which at this point made him kinda unique up until now.

Ah well.

Overall I really enjoyed this issue, and want to see more of Ewing's take on the Hulk.