Page 201 of 237 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3547
    BANNED

Defender epicness to come in December!

Read “THE BEST DEFENSE” in order!
    An unsolvable murder. An aquatic doorway to nothingness. A wanderer at the end of time. And a cosmic train of planetary proportions.
    Four seemingly-unrelated events that will require the powers and insights of the members of the greatest Non-Team of them all, the original DEFENDERS, to connect the dots and challenge the strange power behind these disconnected happenings – before all of reality pays the price!
    Doctor Strange! Immortal hulk! Namor the Sub-Mariner! The Silver Surfer!
    Don’t call them a team – call them the DEFENDERS!

IMMORTAL HULK: DEFENDERS #1
    AL EWING (W) • SIMONE DI MEO (A)
    Cover by RON GARNEY
    Variant Cover by Joe Bennett
    VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JACK KIRBY VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    “THE BEST DEFENSE” STARTS HERE!
    • Stephen Strange is dead. A charred skeleton in an abandoned barn on the edge of a deserted town.
    • Bruce Banner wants to know why. And he won’t stop until he has the truth in his hands…
    • …with or without THE IMMORTAL HULK.
    40 PGS./one-shot /Rated T+ …$4.99

BANNED

DEFENDERS: THE BEST DEFENSE #1
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A)
    Cover by RON GARNEY
    Variant Cover by ART ADAMS
    VARIANT COVER BY KEVIN NOWLAN
    REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY SAL BUSCEMA
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    “THE BEST DEFENSE” FINALE!
    • The lost Atlanteans. The Train. The bedsheet man. Dead Steve. The Stock Exchange of Souls. Trust us, it all makes sense.
    • In fact, it makes enough sense to destroy our entire solar system… Unless four very different heroes can come together to stop it.

BANNED

Holy crap!

IMMORTAL HULK #10
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    FANTASTIC FOUR VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    CONAN VS MARVEL HEROES VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    • Gamma Flight was too late. Shadow Base is infiltrated. Crusher Creel is damned. And the One Below All walks upon Earth.
    • Now, in the place he was born, the Immortal Hulk is the last thing standing between the world of the living…
    • …and the GREEN DOOR.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The Hulk and Defenders solicitations look good.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

who is the One Below All? Is this an all new villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is the One Below All? Is this an all new villain?
    We don't know too much about him/her/it yet. All we know that it exists in a dimension behind the green door that gamma-affected beings have the ability to see. It has been shown that the One Below All has the ability to possess an individual and cause others to go crazy. It's not clear what's the source of his/her/it's power, but it seems supernatural. Whether they are related to either of the two One Above All's also remains to be seen.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I was surprised to see Wendigo in there too. As a fan of him as a Hulk foe, I hope that he becomes more of a threat to Hulk as he once was. He's one of the few characters that Hulk has not definitively beaten one on one. I'm not sure what happened to the character in that tale, but hopefully he's still around. Wendigo is one of those characters that need the mythos fleshed out (no pun intended).
    Yeah he's really inconsistent, one day he can hold his own again the Hulk and the next day he gets demolished by Sabretooth. Maybe it has something to do with the hosts.

Just finished reading the last issue of Immortal Hulk, it was great:

spoilers:
    Banner and the Hulk are not appearing a lot, it's mostly an issue dealing with the consequences of Hulk actions during the first five issues and it set the stage for the big fight with the Avengers. We also got a mention of the one below all and some cameo from some importants characters related to Bruce and Thadeus Ross.
    But one thing I didn't like was how they put the blame on Banner about what happened during Civil War II, also Jen's reaction after seeing her cousin alive for the first time since his death was really disappointing.
    end of spoilers.

By the way nice twist on that famous hulk catchphrase from the movie lol.
    Last edited by Hush; 09-19-2018 at 06:12 AM.

BANNED

Man, I'm having a hard time deciding if #5 or #6 are the best issues! The writing, as usual, is amazing and the art was great too!

The new Shadow Base has a lot of potential! The One Below All gets mentioned one more time (by Shaman)! And that last page...Wow!

BANNED

First glowing review:

https://comicsverse.com/immortal-hulk-6-review/
    (95/100)

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Solits continue to be epic. I don't say this enough cause everyone is already saying it but this series is awesome! Super stoked to learn what lies beyond the green door.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah he's really inconsistent, one day he can hold his own again the Hulk and the next day he gets demolished by Sabretooth. Maybe it has something to do with the hosts.

Just finished reading the last issue of Immortal Hulk, it was great:

spoilers:
    Banner and the Hulk are not appearing a lot, it's mostly an issue dealing with the consequences of Hulk actions during the first five issues and it set the stage for the big fight with the Avengers. We also got a mention of the one below all and some cameo from some importants characters related to Bruce and Thadeus Ross.
    But one thing I didn't like was how they put the blame on Banner about what happened during Civil War II, also Jen's reaction after seeing her cousin alive for the first time since his death was really disappointing.
    end of spoilers.

By the way nice twist on that famous hulk catchphrase from the movie lol.
    Wendigo needs to return to his original portrayal of near invulnerable raw power. He is one of the villains I'd place in the "evil" category as opposed to someone that is "bad".

This issue was excellent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Man, I'm having a hard time deciding if #5 or #6 are the best issues! The writing, as usual, is amazing and the art was great too!

The new Shadow Base has a lot of potential! The One Below All gets mentioned one more time (by Shaman)! And that last page...Wow!
    Anybody that has read Jeff Parker's Red Hulk comic will recognize somebody. I was shocked at two people that showed up in the issue. Al Ewing knows how to make the MU feel like it's actually one universe. There's a few things mentioned that will make me check out other books. Nicely done on the writing and art!!!

Skaar got a mention.

Hope he shows up.

Anyone else super intrigued by the fact that Mirror-Hulk cracked the mirror? With everything else that happened in this issue it got a bit brushed over.

Yes, it's good to see that Ewing is not just writing off or brushing off pertinent people in Banner and Hulk's life. I wonder if Lyra and Hiro-Kala will get bought up at some point.

I have to admit, I like what EIC C.B. Cebulski is doing across the line. It feels like the early days of Marvel Comics all over again. Events that occur in other books are bought up even if they don't directly affect the story you're reading. Footnotes, Marvel in story politics, greedy corporations Marvel style, etc... are making these books fun again.

BANNED

I agree, Gamma. Marvel does feel very exciting again, like it hasn't been in a long time, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Defender epicness to come in December!

Read “THE BEST DEFENSE” in order!
    An unsolvable murder. An aquatic doorway to nothingness. A wanderer at the end of time. And a cosmic train of planetary proportions.
    Four seemingly-unrelated events that will require the powers and insights of the members of the greatest Non-Team of them all, the original DEFENDERS, to connect the dots and challenge the strange power behind these disconnected happenings – before all of reality pays the price!
    Doctor Strange! Immortal hulk! Namor the Sub-Mariner! The Silver Surfer!
    Don’t call them a team – call them the DEFENDERS!

IMMORTAL HULK: DEFENDERS #1
    AL EWING (W) • SIMONE DI MEO (A)
    Cover by RON GARNEY
    Variant Cover by Joe Bennett
    VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JACK KIRBY VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    “THE BEST DEFENSE” STARTS HERE!
    • Stephen Strange is dead. A charred skeleton in an abandoned barn on the edge of a deserted town.
    • Bruce Banner wants to know why. And he won’t stop until he has the truth in his hands…
    • …with or without THE IMMORTAL HULK.

I can't wait to read this. Jonathan Hickman let me down when he had both Banner and Strange in the New Avengers title. Stupid Magician was always someone even the Savage/Childlike Hulk could seek out for help. As it turned out he was one of those that voted to send him on that botched up journey that ended up being the events that lead to Planet Hulk. Where Jonathan Hickman comes in is that I don't think he touched on that and I expected more from him in that aspect. Hopefully Hulk and Strange will come to some closure about those events.