Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
Hulk is like a monster, evidently in more ways than one and like any good monster, Vampires, Wolfmen, Zombies, you name it they are for the most part Immortal.

Hulk is not "your" typical comic book character.
Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
We got a lower powered Hulk post-Pak to this run.

(Well when he wasn't dead at any rate.)

Those runs weren't all that great and the sales kept petering out.

While Immortal Hulk dropped off a bit after #1 it's actually been gaining readers the last few issues. Fans are coming back.

And yeah being the toughest guy in town is a big part of who the Hulk is. While I certainly don't think he needs the Power Gamma or the Rageforce or something like that, he is the guy who challenges things beyond mortal ken with nothing more than his two fists and an endless well of rage.

It's a bummer that we don't get Hulk Thing fights anymore. But to be honest, Been has been left behind by the rest of the Marvel Universe, not just Hulk. Dude is the least powerful person on Fantastic Four, and not by just a bit either. Pretty sure Sue could kill Been in about a second at this point.

She-Hulk has never been considered a peer in power to her cousin until, what last issue of the Avengers? And she has had a series of power ups since she was first introduced.

Thor has lost Mjolnir which does weaken him a lot. But Thor without Mjolnir has never been a match for Hulk.

And even with all that, ultimately, Hulk shouldn't be kept weaker in his own book and his own stories for the benefit of crossover fights. Fun as they may be I'd rather forgo those for good Hulk stories than the reverse.

Long story short, I think Hulk is at his best when he is a powerhouse.
You guys nailed it