Page 209 of 237 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I think Al Ewing said he was going to tweak that ability. The Maestro has since regenerated from being blown apart, and last issue it seems that Banner knows exactly where to go to find it.
    Hulk (and Banner) can track radiation now right? Down to tracking individual people.

I assume a former bomb test site has to stand out. Particularly that one

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk (and Banner) can track radiation now right? Down to tracking individual people.

I assume a former bomb test site has to stand out. Particularly that one
    Could be, or it could be that the Gamma Bomb opened a green door to the regular MU world. Much like in issue #4 Department H's gamma experiments opened a green door in the Arctic Circle? Maybe that's the reason?
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Could be, or it could be that the Gamma Bomb opened a green door to the regular MU world. Much like in issue #4 Department H's gamma experiments opened a green door in the Arctic Circle? Maybe that's the reason?
    Didn't think about that.

Very likely.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Hulk apparently also has a natural inclination or urge to return, or be near the site of his "birth" (according to PAD it's because of the Maestro's corpse directing him or something). Hence probably why he sticks around the midwest most of the time too.
    You sure about that? Because Hulk could find the New Mexico bomb site in PAD's Hulk novel, with no Maestro corpse.

BANNED

I was the one to post the question and, yet didn't post my answer.

Here my favorite creative teams:

1. PAD - McFarlane; PAD - Keown
    2. Mantlo - Buscema
    3. Pak - Pagulayan
    4. Englehart - Trimpe
    5. Friedrich - Severin

*Ewing - Bennett are climbing up fast towards the top 5. I believe they are gonna to be very close to number 1 after they complete their first year!*

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

2. Mantlo - Buscema
    3. Pak - Pagulayan
    4. Englehart - Trimpe
    5. Friedrich - Severin

*Ewing - Bennett are climbing up fast towards the top 5. I believe they are gonna to be very close to number 1 after they complete their first year!*
    Cool.

I should have also mentioned that Roy Thomas had a big hand in the development of the Hulk too. The only problem with his run was that his Hulk was a little too goofy at times for me, but he has to be credited with giving Hulk some of his greatest incredible abilities.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

Yeah, Roy Thomas wrote a pretty powerful Hulk. Roger Stern, from what I remember, too.

Amazing Member

Sorry guys, but I'm getting a little worried that they're just setting this great run up so the Hulk can get jobbed by the juiced up She-Hulk because the trend these days is to make female heroes the lead/depower male heroes. Are you guys getting that feeling or is it just me? If that is the case, how will you feel about it?

Was not thinking about that at all. But thanks for adding that nightmare to my thought process LOL.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Yeah, Roy Thomas wrote a pretty powerful Hulk. Roger Stern, from what I remember, too.
    Roy Thomas can be credited with Hulk's ability to adapt. His Hulk was speaking under water and could be seen in space for weeks. He also wrote that Hulk had an incalculable recuperative ability. While Roger Stern wrote my favorite Hulk feat. In issue #242 Hulk grabbed an intangible energy field and made it tangible. A feat the narration said should be "impossible".

Quote Originally Posted by madeforTV View Post
    Sorry guys, but I'm getting a little worried that they're just setting this great run up so the Hulk can get jobbed by the juiced up She-Hulk because the trend these days is to make female heroes the lead/depower male heroes. Are you guys getting that feeling or is it just me? If that is the case, how will you feel about it?
    We'll soon see. I think all gammas should be legitimate omega level threats...but that's just me.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-27-2018 at 05:52 PM.

BANNED

It won't happen. Specially in Ewing's Hulk. Hulk alone is more than a match for any team.

She should be careful. Otherwise, Hulk will absorve her gamma and leave her powerless too. From the pics we have so far, the avengers won't be in good shape after the fight. LOL.

And I don't believe this bs about "female heros being written as getter than male heroes".

That is an ever present scratching on the inside of my skull.

We had two replacements for Hulk awhile back. Neither caught on, but it does feel as if Aaron is trying to do the same thing with She-Hulk as what he did with Jane-Thor.

I'm hoping that Marvel, and Ewing will avoid that. A big thing is that while Jane-Thor had sales, none of the other replacement characters have been able to replicate that.

I'm hoping we don't see that in the next issue or after, but I don't think we can rule that out. Thor fans were riding high while we were suffering through the lackluster Post-Pak period. In the end I think we git the better end of that stick. Hulk took a short dirt nap while Thor was drug through the dirt, and worse.

The thing is Ewing has been doing well so far, and I feel that a loss to Jen here just to put her over would be a misstep. A big part of Hulk's place in the greater Marvel U is that he"s this force that is insanely powerful and uncontrollable.

He's at once an element of chaos and uncertainty for Earth and its heroes, and something that stands again and again, as a bulwark against annihilation and subjugation.

If he could be shut down easily by any of the heroes, you lose the first part, and if he can easily be replaced you lose the second. And then, what is the point of the Hulk?

I think Marvel has backed off this kind of push as of late. We're not seeing characters, beloved for generations, thrown out for new characters who will, whatever their merits may be, be scorned because of the treatment of their predecessors.

What worries me more is that if the rumored 'Hulk gets trashed by Captain Marvel' scene takes place, that will be it.

Marvel has been hell-bent to get themselves a Supernan for awhile. The fact that the fans don't want this, the general public doesn't want this, that they have several powerhouses that already fit that kinda of rolls in different be ways, or even the fact that DC quite honestly isn't sure what to do with their Superman doesn't seem to matter.

If Hulk gets trashed by Carol in the next movie, I'm positive that the comic Hulk will finally be transformed into the Avengers giant green pet who gets his ass kicked to show how tough the threat is.

"I can't wait to see you again Barbra. I just can't wait"
    "Don't worry, you ain't"

I'm watching the episode 'Two Godmothers' from season 5 of the Kenneth Johnson show, and I found this quote to be just too delightful to not share with anyone.

2. Mantlo - Buscema
    3. Pak - Pagulayan
    4. Englehart - Trimpe
    5. Friedrich - Severin

I'll add the PAD - Gary Frank team-up to your first choice.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Amazing Member

If he could be shut down easily by any of the heroes, you lose the first part, and if he can easily be replaced you lose the second. And then, what is the point of the Hulk?
    Unfortunately, sometimes the point of the Hulk is to save the world, and other times its to sacrifice him to demonstrate the elevated threat (Red Hulk) or heroism (Thor, Silver Surfer, etc.) of whoever jobs him.

I agree with you, though. The Hulk should stand as the greatest mortal power, capable of rising to face cosmic-level threats. No, I don't think he should be able to defeat Galactus, but defeating a Cyttorak-powered Juggernaut, holding his own with Thanos and even threatening the likes of Zeus in physical battle should be in the cards at Hulk's highest levels.

Marvel has been hell-bent to get themselves a Supernan for awhile. The fact that the fans don't want this, the general public doesn't want this, that they have several powerhouses that already fit that kinda of rolls in different be ways, or even the fact that DC quite honestly isn't sure what to do with their Superman doesn't seem to matter.

If Hulk gets trashed by Carol in the next movie, I'm positive that the comic Hulk will finally be transformed into the Avengers giant green pet who gets his ass kicked to show how tough the threat is.
    Yeah, I hate to sound like a pessimist, but my gut tells me Hulk will get jobbed by Jen or Carol and then be "allowed" to come back to face the green door threat because the unique gamma characteristics make him the better hero to face that particular threat, not because he is the strongest (that will be Jen and/or Carol).

I hope I'm wrong and the Hulk whips the lot of them! But movie money (the need to pump up the next MCU hero in the comics) and societal trends are telling me to bet otherwise...

(As for the movie, I don't consider the Hulk in the MCU the same power level as, say, the Green Scar from the comics. He's more like the Grey Hulk, and they've been pretty consistent with that. He did lose to the Hulk Buster Armor after all! That should never happen to ANY green hulk.)

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Btw, people; what your favorite creative teams (a top 5, maybe) of the HULK?
    Oh hell. How do I rate that?

For me, my sweet spot would be #179-426.
    You've got Wein/Stern/Mantlo -- followed by Byrne, Milgrom and PAD.
    Artistically, you've got Trimpe, Buscema, Mignola, Byrne, Milgrom....

Ugh...tough to say.