Page 219 of 237 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3547
    BANNED

Considering a weaker incarnation has a feat like that

Immortal Hulk should be able to take much more damage and keep going!

BANNED

Marvel Knights #6 Variant - Mike Deodato Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I am super excited for this !!! This defense has always been formidable !!!
    https://www.cbr.com/ewing-zdarsky-du...nse-interview/

This is gonna be awesome! It'll be great to have the true DEFENDERS back in action! Now let's cross our fingers and hope that in the near future, Al Ewing will be writing a DEFENDERS ongoing series featuring The Immortal Hulk, Doctor Strange, Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Silver Surfer!

BANNED

Banner

I'm really digging this art featuring Bruce Banner. I wonder what the artist' take on the Immortal Hulk will be like? I'm sure it will be quite incredible.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    LOL!!

How can the article NOT be the be all - all discussion? It lists EVERYTHING!! There is nothing on the internet that is more complete or exhaustive or thorough.

And the writer is a historian that writes for a bunch of comic history magazines including ALTER EGO and BACK ISSUE which are the most respected comic history mags in the world. Plus the writer is Roy Thomas' protege?? Roy FREAKING Thomas!?! The absolute authority when it comes to comic history! How can you argue with that?

What have you done to change my mind on this? Buy a bunch of comics like me? LOL!

And yes, the Hulk made the Abomination cry and whimper like a baby. Just like he did to Hercules by WWH.

Herc only has a win because he had 11 Avengers backing him up and the Hulk was getting weaker. That's not a real win and it's stated so. Herc got treated like a kid by the Immortal Hulk. It was embarrassing. Herc can't even beat Wolverine and has been defeated by him just about every time.

No arguments here.

Peace and love.
    Easy - because it's still someone's opinion on the subject. And that is also what I mean about consistency.

Abomination also beat Hulk and Herc one shot him. As far as WWH goes? It's not a fight if one person is not fighting back.

Herc when he's not holding himself back can stand toe to toe with the Hulk. It's just a fact. Every time they've gone one on one when Herc is at full power, there has been no clear cut victor. And when the fight was through, Herc was none worse for the wear. Clear and simple.

Didn't Hercules nearly break his hand fighting the Hulk last time they met up. Didn't Hulk basically walk past Hercules, Jane, and Rogue as if they weren't there?

Here's the difference, when Hercules doesn't hold back he can wreck Thor in a wrestling match.

When Hulk doesn't hold back, planets crack under his footsteps, and class 100s turn to powder.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by soxtalon View Post
    Easy - because it's still someone's opinion on the subject. And that is also what I mean about consistency.

Abomination also beat Hulk and Herc one shot him. As far as WWH goes? It's not a fight if one person is not fighting back.

Herc when he's not holding himself back can stand toe to toe with the Hulk. It's just a fact. Every time they've gone one on one when Herc is at full power, there has been no clear cut victor. And when the fight was through, Herc was none worse for the wear. Clear and simple.

LOL!!!

And the hits just keep on coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Didn't Hercules nearly break his hand fighting the Hulk last time they met up. Didn't Hulk basically walk past Hercules, Jane, and Rogue as if they weren't there?

Here's the difference, when Hercules doesn't hold back he can wreck Thor in a wrestling match.

When Hulk doesn't hold back, planets crack under his footsteps, and class 100s turn to powder.
    Pretty much this. And, yes, Immortal Hulk was basically ignoring them; thor, herc, rogue and eveybody else. They could do nothing to stop them, Even the Vision, whco can give any of these avengers a lot of trouble, was easily defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

I think this discussion a is stronger than b are just intellectual exercise with not really any deeper meaning.
    Of course Hulk is stronger than everyone, its his gig, "the stronger there is". But the point of the hulk is not having someone that is stonrger than him, but using the mind to put him in a situation where strenght is not the main factor of victory(similar story for Superman if you think about). Sure cool battle are the best, but Hulk best stories is when just strenght is not the final solution. And when hulk is the "villain" is using anything but strenght to take him down. Unsuprisingly the one that hurt Hulk most are the opponents that just..talk to him. And of course Banner. Banner can beat hulk when he want to. "Want to" to the key word.
    Banner willpower is his weakness, but nonetheless he is the reason that somehow Hulk never killed any innocent bystanders.

Herc is the prince of strenght, and he deserve way much more care and love by Marvel. But his strenght had always got up and down(like all efffin heroes by the way). At his peak he can go toe to toe with Godzilla. But the pivotal trait is that he is the embodiment of "classic" hero. He is like the avatar of all 80's action movie packed in a glorious awesome humanoid sized demigod. Aaaand he has some sad, self defeating trait that make him interesting character but are his achilles heel(at time Herc look like a warhammer dwarf berserk, craving a glorious death in battle)

BANNED

Even more praise from Immortal Hulk. Considered one of the best comics from 2018!

IMMORTAL HULK, VOL. 1: OR IS HE BOTH?

It’s easy to forget, given his modern film appearances — and given the likability of Mark Ruffalo — that the Incredible Hulk is a monster, and he always has been. While it’s true that the monstrous sympathetic is an important part of the monster story genre, Hulk stories have always owed themselves to the myth of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the struggle with the monster within us all.

It was this philosophy that animated Al Ewing’s Immortal Hulk, an ongoing series exploring the life of Bruce Banner in a living hell, after he realizes that he cannot die. If he is killed, he simply rises as the Hulk at the next sunset.

Ewing’s series has a general narrative that he’s taking his time with, but issue-to-issue, he and artist Joe Bennett are crafting one-shot Hulk horror stories on par with the output of any classic EC Comics horror anthology. Bennett’s art knows exactly when to bust out the full page spread, and how to go close on the Hulk without sacrificing sense of scale. Reading the first arc of Immortal Hulk was an exercise in never knowing what kind of story I was going to get next, and that’s something I can wholeheartedly recommend.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/...rvel-dc-batman

BANNED

NASA named new constellations after The Incredible Hulk and Godzilla

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...U0Pew2DuOz2T2E

How cool is that?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...U0Pew2DuOz2T2E

How cool is that?
    Mildly cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by soxtalon View Post

true enough, it may be detailed and considered, but it's conclusion is still just an opinion

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post

How cool is that?
    I only knew about the Godzilla one at first so I was wondering when the Hulk would be next. Good job!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I am super excited for this !!! This defense has always been formidable !!!
    https://www.cbr.com/ewing-zdarsky-du...nse-interview/

That is absolutely fantastic. I was going to get it based on Dr. Strange alone, but I am even more excited now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark