Page 184 of 237 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3547

I know it's been ten days since release, but I finally got to read Immortal Hulk #4 today. I am really loving this series. It's a slow burn, taking its time to set up the (new) rules of the world in which it's set and to build the personalities of the players involved. There's also a really nice mystery here: What changed? Sure, you could argue that it was always this way for the Hulk. In fact, in issue 1 or 2, the book essentially tells us that, that the green door has always been there to let the Hulk back (and, it seems, bring Banner back with him). But with Walter and Sasquatch, this implies that something about the rules of the world changed. The green door is not unique to the Hulk.

And it sure seems that Tanaraq is the one that opens the door for Walter...

(And Bennet's art really shines on that final splash page of Sasquatch!)

Question

Anyone know where this image is from? It looks REALLY familiar. Couldn't find it on reverse google images, etc.

DkHrwFSWsAAFSN9 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sweetxsecret View Post
    Anyone know where this image is from? It looks REALLY familiar. Couldn't find it on reverse google images, etc.

DkHrwFSWsAAFSN9 (1).jpg
    indestructible hulk 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    indestructible hulk 4.
    Thanks! I haven't checked out that series (yet) because of mixed feelings on the concept of Bruce joining SHIELD, but the art looks incredible!

Anyone else here excited about when Jade Jaws meets Weapon H?

I hope it is a cross over comic, because I cannot wait to see Pak write Hulk again!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I've had to come in and clean up a bit. Some of what I saw and subsequently deleted was not good. Not good at all.
    Please keep discussion in the spirit of appreciation for the character we assume you're a fan of.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Thank you Matt! We all need to keep it about our love for the Hulk in all his forms.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Old school Byrne; Hulk vs. Sasquatch...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    I know it's been ten days since release, but I finally got to read Immortal Hulk #4 today. I am really loving this series. It's a slow burn, taking its time to set up the (new) rules of the world in which it's set and to build the personalities of the players involved. There's also a really nice mystery here: What changed? Sure, you could argue that it was always this way for the Hulk. In fact, in issue 1 or 2, the book essentially tells us that, that the green door has always been there to let the Hulk back (and, it seems, bring Banner back with him). But with Walter and Sasquatch, this implies that something about the rules of the world changed. The green door is not unique to the Hulk.

And it sure seems that Tanaraq is the one that opens the door for Walter...

(And Bennet's art really shines on that final splash page of Sasquatch!)
    I think, more than anything, it's the individual themselves that decides what happens when gamma strikes them.

Gamma transformations are a reflection of the subconscious. Hence how 'Hulk' existed with Banner long before the bomb, while Dr. Samson gained the powers of his namesake, etc.

More than that, opening mystic portals doesn't require super powers at all. Remember, technically speaking. Dr. Strange has no powers at all, just training that could (in theory) be accomplished by anyone else.

So, I'm betting that Hulk is subconsciously summoning Satannish, allowing the devil to be attuned to gamma gifts. He is a devil Banner's dealt with in the past, and well, 'Green Door'.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think, more than anything, it's the individual themselves that decides what happens when gamma strikes them.

Gamma transformations are a reflection of the subconscious. Hence how 'Hulk' existed with Banner long before the bomb, while Dr. Samson gained the powers of his namesake, etc.

More than that, opening mystic portals doesn't require super powers at all. Remember, technically speaking. Dr. Strange has no powers at all, just training that could (in theory) be accomplished by anyone else.

So, I'm betting that Hulk is subconsciously summoning Satannish, allowing the devil to be attuned to gamma gifts. He is a devil Banner's dealt with in the past, and well, 'Green Door'.

Thoughts?

I like your hypothesis. I can see that being the case. Good call.

Amazing Member

I just read 1-4 yesterday. Have to say this is strong. Best since Planet Hulk. Could easily end up on par depending on where it goes. There are a dozen and a half ways they could screw up this "green door" concept, though, so I'll hold final judgement until it's wrapped up. Great so far, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've had to come in and clean up a bit. Some of what I saw and subsequently deleted was not good. Not good at all.
    Please keep discussion in the spirit of appreciation for the character we assume you're a fan of.
    Appreciated.

BANNED

IMMORTAL HULK November solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #8
    AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY CARLOS PACHECO
    Bruce Banner is dead. His corpse has been dissected, his organs catalogued, and his inner workings are being studied by the scientists of Shadow Base.
    Bruce Banner is no longer a threat.
    That just leaves the IMMORTAL HULK…

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

IMMORTAL HULK #9

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT & MARTIN SIMMONDS (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY ART ADAMS
    Carl Creel was just trying to live. But sometimes trying isn’t enough.
    Now, to save the life he built for himself — and maybe everything else — Carl Creel has to do the impossible.
    The Absorbing Man has to kill the IMMORTAL HULK.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Man, Ewing is going mental with this! Can't wait for Immortal Hulk #8!

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

While the cover art had been amazing, i am going to remove Immortal Hulk from my pull list. Im a fan of the hulk and this isnt the hulk to me, its some new gamma powered detective vigilante. No thanks.

BANNED

I get it. To me, this is the best Hulk since PADs run.