Page 214 of 237 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3547

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    spoilers:
    Great now the Avengers blow up cities with weapons of mass destruction. How did we come to this?

As far as I know the immortal Hulk had not done anything so serious to be necessary blow up a town. Could anyone tell me if he did something bad lately ?
    end of spoilers
    Two factors:

1. Brian Banner has been shown to hype up the aggression of anyone in the area.

2. The Avengers have always had a preoccupation with controlling the Hulk.

BANNED

Stark already built Sol's Hammer which fall under the same ball as Helios but the only difference of this weapon was that it was portable ,therefore that was not much of surprise of Stark to use that again since Bruce already showed his chaos during WWH . BTW like Supes's weakness to Kryptonite , i think that Bruce's weakness is UV rays or easy words Sun rays , if i am not wrong .

"Look! It's Captain Hydra! When I rip off your head, will two more take it's place?"

I laughed out loud reading that. Fantastic issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Stark already built Sol's Hammer which fall under the same ball as Helios but the only difference of this weapon was that it was portable ,therefore that was not much of surprise of Stark to use that again since Bruce already showed his chaos during WWH . BTW like Supes's weakness to Kryptonite , i think that Bruce's weakness is UV rays or easy words Sun rays , if i am not wrong .
    I recall Monica used every form of em radiation against the savage hulk except gamma to no real effect

if he is vulnerable to uv it's a new thing, or at least a return of something he got over, but it could link back to the nocturnal changes of this current and the original hulk

spoilers:
    Great now the Avengers blow up cities with weapons of mass destruction. How did we come to this?

As far as I know the immortal Hulk had not done anything so serious to be necessary blow up a town. Could anyone tell me if he did something bad lately ?
    end of spoilers
    Was Hulk trying to kill the Avengers or was he doing just enough to put them down?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Nah.

Well not exactly. When the Hulk comes out at night, as happened back in the Joe Fixit days, Sunlight turns him back into Banner. (Even moonlight weakened Joe Fixit's control.)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I recall Monica used every form of em radiation against the savage hulk except gamma to no real effect

if he is vulnerable to uv it's a new thing, or at least a return of something he got over, but it could link back to the nocturnal changes of this current and the original hulk
    Why would Savage Hulk care about UV?

It's kind of a Magic Feather situation. The current situation in Banner/Hulk's mind reflects on his form/abilities/possible weaknesses.

If Rage triggers Hulk, calming down triggers Banner.
    If Night/Darkness triggers Hulk, Light/Daylight triggers Banner.

Sometimes Banner either elects to let the Hulk drive full time, one time he even committed psychic suicide, which led to a primitive "mindless" Hulk at all times.

TLDR Banner/Hulk is a crazy guy who sets weird rules for himself, and then changes his mind later.

Sometimes you can exploit these rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Was Hulk trying to kill the Avengers or was he doing just enough to put them down?
    Looked like he wasn't going for the kill. He did seem to be relishing causing them pain though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Nah.

Well not exactly. When the Hulk comes out at night, as happened back in the Joe Fixit days, Sunlight turns him back into Banner. (Even moonlight weakened Joe Fixit's control.)
    Why would Savage Hulk care about UV?

It's kind of a Magic Feather situation. The current situation in Banner/Hulk's mind reflects on his form/abilities/possible weaknesses.

If Rage triggers Hulk, calming down triggers Banner.
    If Night/Darkness triggers Hulk, Light/Daylight triggers Banner.

Sometimes Banner either elects to let the Hulk drive full time, one time he even committed psychic suicide, which led to a primitive "mindless" Hulk at all times.

TLDR Banner/Hulk is a crazy guy who sets weird rules for himself, and then changes his mind later.

Sometimes you can exploit these rules.
    I don't think he did care, which Monica was stressing when she said it did nothing

Iirc it was when Hulk and Bruce had been separated and silver iron man, hercules, namor and wonder man had first cracking at him, around hulk 315 I think

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I don't think he did care, which Monica was stressing when she said it did nothing

Iirc it was when Hulk and Bruce had been separated and silver iron man, hercules, namor and wonder man had first cracking at him, around hulk 315 I think
    Right, I was making a joke.

Basically the UV radiation will only weaken Hulk when he decides it does. Or to be more percise when the internal logic that governs the juggling if his personalities deems that it does.

Which at the time it didn't. Most of the time it doesn't. But right now it does, and it was at certain times in the past.

Edit: I've been reading the Hulk for a lot of years, and have read basically all the backlog before that.

There have been a lot of different set ups over the years and even I have trouble keeping track if them all.

If Hulk has one consistent "kryptonite" over the years it's the fact that generally you can use his psychological/emotional state against him.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 10-10-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Looked like he wasn't going for the kill. He did seem to be relishing causing them pain though.
    Thanks for the info. I don't think the Hulk has ever been this devious and strong. Devil Hulk is a good name for him.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-10-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

I don't know. I think it was pretty clear that murder wasn't off the table in this fight.

As for the issue as a whole - holy crap!! Ewing and co. have been killing it all along but this issue really saw them upping their game. One of the most brutal superhero battles ever.

And that last page!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't think the Hulk has every devious and strong. Devil Hulk is a good name for him.
    Ehrmmmmm...the name is already in use by a different personality in Hulk's head, and Brian Banner's monster form.

It's not terrible, it,'s just kind of confusing, like the two Mindless Hulk's.

While this Hulk has yet to show truly Incredible feats in the vein of the Green Scar or peak Savage Hulk, and he has yet to surpass Joe Fixit's cunning, combining those true traits together is pretty brutal.

What's worse is that with the implied intuitive abilities, he's intentionally causing suffering in the Avengers here.

Hitting Thor hard enough to crack his skull and not kill him. Hitting Cap hard enough to draw blood through the shield, while bringing up Hydra. Letting Tony think he's going to die in the suit. Hitting BP just hard enough to let him know that Hulk could kill him if he wanted.

Breaking Jen emotionally before knocking her unconscious.

He's not killing them, but Hulk is brutally, even abusively, beating on them physically, and psychologically.

Remind you of anyone?

Carol ran away, but I can just imagine what she would have gotten. She must have predicted how that would have gone down.

BANNED

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Didn’t a fight between the Hulk and the Fantastic Four lead to him being exiled and to the events of Civil War ?

Isn’t this just deja vu all over again ?
    end of spoilers

Ehrmmmmm...the name is already in use by a different personality in Hulk's head, and Brian Banner's monster form.

It's not terrible, it,'s just kind of confusing, like the two Mindless Hulk's.

While this Hulk has yet to show truly Incredible feats in the vein of the Green Scar or peak Savage Hulk, and he has yet to surpass Joe Fixit's cunning, combining those true traits together is pretty brutal.

What's worse is that with the implied intuitive abilities, he's intentionally causing suffering in the Avengers here.

Hitting Thor hard enough to crack his skull and not kill him. Hitting Cap hard enough to draw blood through the shield, while bringing up Hydra. Letting Tony think he's going to die in the suit. Hitting BP just hard enough to let him know that Hulk could kill him if he wanted.

Breaking Jen emotionally before knocking her unconscious.

He's not killing them, but Hulk is brutally, even abusively, beating on them physically, and psychologically.

Remind you of anyone?

Carol ran away, but I can just imagine what she would have gotten. She must have predicted how that would have gone down.
    WOW! Thanks for the breakdown. Sounds like Hulk is on a new level. Can't wait to get it.

BANNED

Can't praise this issue enough! Best fight I've seen in a long time! And the characterization was amazing: particularly, this Hulk is really mean; brains, cunning and immense physical power.

I loved how he dealt with the Avengers: dismissed Ghost Rider, easily destroyed the Hulk Buster and overloaded Panther's vibranium! Thor had his skull cracked and even the most powerful of the team, She-Hulk, was defeated!

They really had to use Helios! It was cool because it was a huge solid laser with a lot of UV rays, which would certainly weaken a Hulk who only comes out at night (much like the Grey Hulk). Also, as Panther observed that, if not for the drones launching sunlight constantly, the Hulk would come back rested and stronger; it wouldn't be pretty for them.

Another thing to note, as some have mentioned, is that Brian Banner really brings the worst from everyone who's close to him!

In my opinion, this issue cements Immortal Hulk as the best title from Marvel, with Venom, somewhat close, in 2nd place. Amazing Spider-Man would be a distant 3rd place.

Ewing and Bennett are just too good!