Page 146 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3547

They seem to be implying that Bruce can "die" during the day, but the transformation can still be triggered at night, which will-as it has in the past-'heal' Banner's body. I'm guessing that's maybe part of the "immortal" part.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They seem to be implying that Bruce can "die" during the day, but the transformation can still be triggered at night, which will-as it has in the past-'heal' Banner's body. I'm guessing that's maybe part of the "immortal" part.
    It's exactly that: Banner can "die", but He will come back as the Hulk, who can't die. Of course, Ewing is going to explain, along the journey, why that happens, and how it's tied with the supernatural characteristics Hulk has shown, such as his ability to see ghosts.

BANNED

Btw, nice article from one of the biggest Hulk sites. Nothing new, but it sums up what Immortal Hulk will be about really well:

The Hulk is finally getting a comic series relaunch and this time he is no longer incredible, now he is immortal … at least he isn’t red or sporting a beard or faux-hawk. At long last, the one and only Hulk/Bruce Banner will make a return to Marvel comics! The setup for his return is currently playing out in the Avengers: No Surrender story arc which will lead up to a new ongoing series titled The Immortal Hulk starting this June! Why does the series use the immortal descriptor? Well, apparently, Bruce Banner will walk the earth during the day, while the Hulk will come out after nightfall. But here’s the catch: Bruce can be killed during the day but the Hulk will always come to life at night, hence the immortal tag and horror theme. If you are familiar with the Hulk’s history, you will recognize the homage to the character’s early day/night activity as depicted in the original 6 issue comic series so this plays well as an homage to the Hulk’s origin. The horror theme is also a great nod to the inspiration that Stan Lee drew from the Frankenstein and Jekyll/Hyde horror stories when creating the Hulk.

https://thejadegiant.wordpress.com/2...immortal-hulk/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Not to mention Ewing is a huge fan of the Hulk and everything about it, unlike, since people are mentioning him here, Bruce Jones; a writer who didn't give a damn about the Hulk, ignoring just about everything about the character. And I say that as someone who enjoyed the first parts of his run.

Al Ewing's run will be a blast, and I believe (see Ewing's interview) he will create stories and a status quo that will be a great addition to the Hulk's mythology.

Again, check his workblog for Immortal Hulk ( I posted the link earlier): he's being inspired by a lot of the classical elements of the character.
    And if you know Ewing, he's a continuity buff. He loves the sh*t out of creating new wrinkles but at the same time acknowledges the past. How could you not want that in your Hulk comic.

BANNED

Avengers #682

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Avengers #682

Great stuff! A scary Hulk! can't wait for #684, with the extra 10 pages about the Hulk's return!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    And if you know Ewing, he's a continuity buff. He loves the sh*t out of creating new wrinkles but at the same time acknowledges the past. How could you not want that in your Hulk comic.
    Yeah, mate. That alone (even if didn't know about the incredible pitch) is enough to make my excitement through the roof!

BANNED

Avengers #683 preview:
    https://www.cbr.com/preview-avengers-683-no-surrender/

"And now that the Challenger has revealed that his ace in the hole is the strongest one there is, the odds have tipped dramatically in his favor..."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    About damn time....
    Right. This sounds awesome. Love it.

Kind of curious about the persona of this Hulk. With the exception of Loeb's early version of the character, and Waid's (Which was pretty much Savage Hulk, except he talked even less) and Doc Green, the Hulk that's been around for a decade or so has been the "Grayvage" version-in other words, he has the 'look' and strength of the Savage Hulk, but other than that his persona is more of the Gray version, able to talk without the third person, although still a bit of a brute, and less prone to childish tantrums.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Well, the Hulk is back! I'm excited. Again, I can't wait to see this horror-themed take on the character.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious about the persona of this Hulk. With the exception of Loeb's early version of the character, and Waid's (Which was pretty much Savage Hulk, except he talked even less) and Doc Green, the Hulk that's been around for a decade or so has been the "Grayvage" version-in other words, he has the 'look' and strength of the Savage Hulk, but other than that his persona is more of the Gray version, able to talk without the third person, although still a bit of a brute, and less prone to childish tantrums.
    It seems we'll get a more sinister Hulk, not unlike the one of his very early days. That one could be quite mean. What seems interesting is the relationship between him and Banner: Ewing said this Hulk will live in "mirrors" during the day and will somewhat influence Banner's actions.

It almost feels like nature tried to make up for how stupid Banner's death was by making him immortal and unkillable .

The new Hulk status quo kind of reminds me of The Spectre, with him being this big, green, agent of vengeance against those committing injustice that Banner stumbles upon.

I'm curious how long the book will remain standalone until Ewing starts getting into a more meatier, overarching, storyline. Maybe potentially when more people start to realize Bruce is alive. I know Jen, Betty, Ross, and Skaar will have strong feelings about that.

And I wonder if Banner might be on a course for HydraCap, after he killed Rick? I don't think Banner would mind sicking the Hulk on him.

I'm also curious if what's driving the Hulk in No Surrender is getting revenge on Hawkeye?

A lot of people have commented on Ewing's pitch, that it's similar to Bruce Jones run.

I think to avoid this Ewing is going to have to remember that Hulk, or even Sasquatch can't be the only horror monsters around.

Hulk needs foes to fight, foes that actually test him. Hulk beating up on secret agents and normal people doesn't work for very long.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I hope Marvel let Ewing stick to this. It's been such a shame to see some of his books (New Avengers being the most obvious) ruined by stupid tie-ins.
    Really hated how over half of USAvengers was taken up by a boring Secret Empire tie-in. Because the non-tie-in issues were a blast.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It almost feels like nature tried to make up for how stupid Banner's death was by making him immortal and unkillable .

The new Hulk status quo kind of reminds me of The Spectre, with him being this big, green, agent of vengeance against those committing injustice that Banner stumbles upon.

I'm curious how long the book will remain standalone until Ewing starts getting into a more meatier, overarching, storyline. Maybe potentially when more people start to realize Bruce is alive. I know Jen, Betty, Ross, and Skaar will have strong feelings about that.

And I wonder if Banner might be on a course for HydraCap, after he killed Rick? I don't think Banner would mind sicking the Hulk on him.

I'm also curious if what's driving the Hulk in No Surrender is getting revenge on Hawkeye?
    Well, the character, at least the Hulk, has been shown to be resistance to death over the 50+ years, in more than once occasion. It's true, believe it or not. You can read more at this link:

http://www.comicboards.com/php/show....&layout=thread

I'm looking forward to how Betty, Skaar, General Ross and everybody else will take the news that Bruce Banner/The Hulk is alive and angry as ever. It should prove to be very interesting. And we know the day/night transformation deal will not last forever, so I would not be surprised if we get the traditional transformation dynamic between Hulk/Banner back as the story progresses.

I have a feeling that once Bruce/Hulk discover HydraCap was partially responsible for him getting killed, as well for killing their oldest friend, I have no doubt they'll seek vengeance. They may already know.

And personally, I believe Hulk will be seeking retribution from ALL of the Avengers, not just Hawkeye, as they have betrayed him countless times before. And prior to Banner being killed, they essentially all gathered, accused him of something he didn't do, and tried to take him in or even take him out.