Page 173 of 237 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3547
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaxthejester View Post
    Hulk also shredded the Hulk Buster in the movie. He kicked its ass a dozen times over before the fight ended. Stark just kept having more and more back-up pieces jump in to keep him going. If it had been just the single suit, Hulk would have murdered Stark during the first few minutes of the battle.
    I'd point out that Stark was holding back because he was in the middle of a city, trying to contain Hulk instead of just putting him down.

Halls of Hulk Twin Titan jaxthejester's Avatar

Sure. But that does not impact his armor's durability score. It is what it is. And Hulk was literally ripping chunks off as they fought. No amount of holding back or not was going to make a difference if Veronica didn't keep sending him extra bits. Stark would have been butt ass nekkid in short order and dead shortly there after.
    "Never Jest with a Jester"
    Former poster at Marvel.com.
    Founding member and Twin Titan of the Halls of Hulk.
    Come visit old Marvel.com posting buddies at "Mickeys Tavern"- the new home for the Halls of Hulk.
    To find us, Google: Mickeys Tavern Comics or follow the links in my profile.

For me this Immortal Hulk possess the same insanity and power of Green Scar, or even much more. A moment of Immortal Hulk's and Avengers fight in no Surrender, probably known that nothing can defeat this Hulk. Ok, he punched by a elder, but at the same time, he is smile on space. Maybe he have your own plans against this Hulkbuster from movie (than i hated so much! Not only because the Hulk, but the movie himself!!!!), and i say again, not represent a threat for the Hulk. Ewing must turn this Hulk more dangerours than Green Scar or Worldbreaker. In my theory, the Hulkbuster was made for stand with the Hulk. But there's no limits for the Hulk's power. We saw in Indestructible Hulk #1 Hulk's torn apart the Mad Thinker armor with so much easy. More anger, more stronger! In Planet Hulk we saw all this anger inside of him, waiting to explode!

The only thing can beat this Hulk is this One Below All, (or something like that). I don't wanna see this Hulkbuster punched the Hulk in "Age Of Ultron" level, Ewing is not of this Whedon's of life, i believe.

Ultimate Member

Sure. But that does not impact his armor's durability score. It is what it is. And Hulk was literally ripping chunks off as they fought. No amount of holding back or not was going to make a difference if Veronica didn't keep sending him extra bits. Stark would have been butt ass nekkid in short order and dead shortly there after.
    So basically, Hulk would have won if Stark hadn't employed any tactics and played into Hulk's strengths. Got it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    This Hulkbuster is not challenge for this Hulk. The only moment i waiting to see in this Hulkbuster's fight is the Hulk smashing and turn into pieces! If movies don't have courage to do, the comics will! In Ewing i trust!
    Agreed. In every instance of in the comics, Hulk has overwhelmed and outright destroyed even the most powerful Hulkbuster armor that Stark's created. Hulkbuster getting in a lousy sucker punch to KO Hulk was garbage, a horrible way to end that scene and a missed opportunity for Banner to have a really great emotional breakdown in that city, but alas the whole Avengers: Age of Ultron was a horrible film.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In the movie, Banner designed the Hulk buster armor alongside Stark, that likely gave him an edge.
    Not that it'd help. Without the back-up pieces, the fight would have ended numerous times. Hulk was wrecking the Hulkbuster.

Hulk also shredded the Hulk Buster in the movie. He kicked its ass a dozen times over before the fight ended. Stark just kept having more and more back-up pieces jump in to keep him going. If it had been just the single suit, Hulk would have murdered Stark during the first few minutes of the battle.
    Damn right. Without those replacement pieces, Hulk would have ended the battle quick. He ever caught it's jackhammer blow, overpowered the suit, and took it's most powerful punches without a single drop of his blood being spilled.

I'd point out that Stark was holding back because he was in the middle of a city, trying to contain Hulk instead of just putting him down.
    Stark wasn't holding back. He was doing everything in his power to take the Hulk down. And it wasn't working. If not the for the replacement parts and Hulk finally breaking free of the Scarlet Witch's control and calming down, Tony Stark would have been outright killed.

Once again, you are so damn right, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkboy View Post
    For me this Immortal Hulk possess the same insanity and power of Green Scar, or even much more. A moment of Immortal Hulk's and Avengers fight in no Surrender, probably known that nothing can defeat this Hulk. Ok, he punched by a elder, but at the same time, he is smile on space. Maybe he have your own plans against this Hulkbuster from movie (than i hated so much! Not only because the Hulk, but the movie himself!!!!), and i say again, not represent a threat for the Hulk. Ewing must turn this Hulk more dangerours than Green Scar or Worldbreaker. In my theory, the Hulkbuster was made for stand with the Hulk. But there's no limits for the Hulk's power. We saw in Indestructible Hulk #1 Hulk's torn apart the Mad Thinker armor with so much easy. More anger, more stronger! In Planet Hulk we saw all this anger inside of him, waiting to explode!

The only thing can beat this Hulk is this One Below All, (or something like that). I don't wanna see this Hulkbuster punched the Hulk in "Age Of Ultron" level, Ewing is not of this Whedon's of life, i believe.
    I think Immortal Hulk is definitely one of the most powerful incarnations of the Hulk we've ever seen. He ran through and easily defeated the most powerful Avengers as if they were nothing. He temporarily overpowered, hurt, and took the most powerful blow from a high-end cosmic Elder who's mere presence on Earth threatened to tear it asunder. And he is going to be taking on an all-powerful Multiversal being/entity in the form of the One Below All.

When it comes to Hulkbuster Iron Man, Thor, Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Captain America against the Immortal Hulk...

My money is on the Hulk. They're not prepared for him. He's powerful, intelligent, ruthless and beyond them. And not only will he overwhelm them physically, he'll overwhelm them psychologically. I wouldn't want to be the Avengers or any being in the Marvel Universe who has to go head-to-head against the Immortal Hulk. In other words...

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 07-07-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Stark wasn't holding back. He was doing everything in his power to take the Hulk down. And it wasn't working. If not the for the replacement parts and Hulk finally breaking free of the Scarlet Witch's control and calming down, Tony Stark would have been outright killed.
    Stark was holding back, and had to hold back. That's why he arm locked Hulk and tried to fly away, instead of pulling back and blasting him from the air. Or hitting Hulk with sonics. He also had to mind civilians while Hulk was trying to maul him. Stark was the one with his hands tied in that fight

BANNED

Stark was holding back, and had to hold back. That's why he arm locked Hulk and tried to fly away, instead of pulling back and blasting him from the air. Or hitting Hulk with sonics. He also had to mind civilians while Hulk was trying to maul him. Stark was the one with his hands tied in that fight
    No, he wasn't. He was blasting the Hulk with ultra powerful repulsor blasts, hitting him across the city near groups of fleeing civilians, smashing him through skyscrapers. Oh, yeah. He was really holding back. What good would sonics do, except piss him off? Face it, he was doing everything in his power to take the Hulk down and it wasn't working at all. Or did you forget the look of fear on Stark's face when Hulk spit a tooth out and snarled at him?

You say Stark's hands were tied. What about the Hulk? If anyone had their hands tied it was Hulk. He was frantic, wild, unfocused. Imagine what a focused Hulk whose mind was not clouded by a spell like the one seen in Incredible Hulk (2008), Avengers (2012), or Thor: Ragnarok would have done. He was already shredding the Hulkbuster, tanking it's most powerful assaults. A Hulk who's focused would have made quick work of Stark's Hulkbuster regardless of what he throw at the Green Goliath.

Hell, the Hulkbuster was designed by Banner & Stark to attempt to hold it's own for as long as it could against the Hulk, allowing civilians to be evacuated and allow enough time for Natasha to arrive. Stark even said during the fight that he needs Natasha there, as he knew he was in a losing battle against an opponent that not even his most powerful suit of armor could contend with.

Ultimate Member

No, he wasn't. He was blasting the Hulk with ultra powerful repulsor blasts, hitting him across the city near groups of fleeing civilians, smashing him through skyscrapers. Oh, yeah. He was really holding back. What good would sonics do, except piss him off? Face it, he was doing everything in his power to take the Hulk down and it wasn't working at all. Or did you forget the look of fear on Stark's face when Hulk spit a tooth out and snarled at him?

You say Stark's hands were tied. What about the Hulk? If anyone had their hands tied it was Hulk. He was frantic, wild, unfocused. Imagine what a focused Hulk whose mind was not clouded by a spell like the one seen in Incredible Hulk (2008), Avengers (2012), or Thor: Ragnarok would have done. He was already shredding the Hulkbuster, tanking it's most powerful assaults. A Hulk who's focused would have made quick work of Stark's Hulkbuster regardless of what he throw at the Green Goliath.

Hell, the Hulkbuster was designed by Banner & Stark to attempt to hold it's own for as long as it could against the Hulk, allowing civilians to be evacuated and allow enough time for Natasha to arrive. Stark even said during the fight that he needs Natasha there, as he knew he was in a losing battle against an opponent that not even his most powerful suit of armor could contend with.
    Holding back in a fight with Hulk still means doing damage

Movie Hulk doesn't have the cunning that regular Hulk does. The 'focused' Hulk you're referring to was unable to kill Black Widow, and was defeated by Thor in hand to hand combat. And when Iron Man stood in his way, Hulk was plenty focused on tearing him apart

Frankly, wild and unfocused is the movie Hulk's natural state, until he finds a target. Sometimes it goes his way, sometimes it doesn't.

BANNED

Holding back in a fight with Hulk still means doing damage

Movie Hulk doesn't have the cunning that regular Hulk does. The 'focused' Hulk you're referring to was unable to kill Black Widow, and was defeated by Thor in hand to hand combat. And when Iron Man stood in his way, Hulk was plenty focused on tearing him apart

Frankly, wild and unfocused is the movie Hulk's natural state, until he finds a target. Sometimes it goes his way, sometimes it doesn't.
    If you mean annoy and piss Hulk off, yes, certainly the Hulkbuster did that kind of 'damage'.

He caught Black Widow and would have hurt if Thor did not intervene in Avengers (2012). Thor didn't beat Hulk either in the arena, but fought him to a virtual stalemate in the arena and was only slightly dazed by Thor's most powerful blows.

Hell, the Abomination's blows hurt Hulk more than any of Thor's blows ever did, and Hulk was able to create a pair of metal gauntlets to pummel him into the ground, stopped an explosion from engulfing the helicopter Betty was in, and used his comic infamous ground smash to trap the Abomination.

A real focused Hulk in the MCU is a better fighter than a wild, frantic, unfocused Hulk.

MCU != 616 so cross applying feats and speculating seems pointless.

Regardless, those panels look like pictures thrown on a table ... not the current story. I'm curious to see the finished product.

After we see what happen to Vision in Surrender, this Hulk have no mercy for these heroes! In this Immortal Hulk #2 we see how Banner was manipulated by him, make Banner find this radioctive doctor and before that, revel his public identity for whole world. We see this mental power's before in post-Las Vegas (in a Werewolf by Night story). And the Hulk hate Stark! I think this Hulk separeted his friendship between Banner and Stark.

I think Immortal Hulk is definitely one of the most powerful incarnations of the Hulk we've ever seen. He ran through and easily defeated the most powerful Avengers as if they were nothing. He temporarily overpowered, hurt, and took the most powerful blow from a high-end cosmic Elder.
    Can you tell me what comic this happened in please? I would love to read those issues!

@The Cool Guy

When did I say that? LMAO! Now you're just arguing your with yourself. No. Hulk would have won if Stark had only the single suit. That is all. Anything more is your own. Near limitless armors was the way to go to fight Hulk and Stark did what he needed too to survive. Good on him. I never made a critique of Stark's ingenuity in not only using one suit. I rather like Iron Man and would have hated to see him die. But the fact remains the Hulk Buster suit, in and of itself, is not a match for Big Green. We saw what happens when Stark's best pre-prepped Hulk Buster takes on Hulk in World War Hulk #1.-
    Come visit old Marvel.com posting buddies at "Mickeys Tavern"- the new home for the Halls of Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Can you tell me what comic this happened in please? I would love to read those issues!
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_684
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_685
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_686
    Amazing dialogue between Banner and Jarvis about good and evil.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_687
    Hulk punched by a elder, and he is smile on space!
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_688
    Another great dialogue (Banner and Barton)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_690

Back to current discussion - I'm not sure I'd call Immortal Hulk equal to or greater than Green Scar. At least... not quite yet. Certainly seems to be in that ballpark, but Green Scar had World Breaker in his back pocket, and that's a helluva "dial it up" boost in the wings. And he had a lot more showings to prove his power level. Tons of high-end stuff. 1-shotting Ares, She-Hulk, Thing, etc. Beating down Sentry (who at the time was touted as being in the same ballpark as uber-cosmics). Green Scar also walked through Avengers (and X-Men) by waves. I'm not trying to poo poo on the notion that Immortal Hulk could be the greatest Hulk to date; I'm just being honest that Green Scar Hulk set the bar about as high as it can go, and it's going to take a lot of consistent showings to objectively shatter that bar. I'd love to see him do it though. He just needs to put in the work before I award him the title. He's walking the right direction for sure.